7 posts
Page 1 of 1
and shift + mouse wheel to scroll vertically

Thankyou :)
by Lokeyfly on Tue May 10, 2022 5:06 pm
Cool.
You can also opt for some mice that allow the scroll wheel to tilt (cant). Which will automatically scroll horizontally. No need for additional key modifiers.

My EVGA X15 mouse does this.along with a lot of other programmable macro stuff. Works flawlessly with S1. I couldn't say the same for some other mice which I'll leave nameless.

Enjoy!

If you look closely, you can see the left arrow next to the scroll wheel.

S1-6.2.1, HP Omen 17" i7 10th Gen, 32 GB,512 GB TLC M.2 (SSD),1 TB SSD. Win10 Pro, Audient iD14 MkII, Roland JV90, NI S49 MkII, Atom SQ, FP 8, Roland GR-50 & Octapad. MOTU MIDI Express XT. HR824, Yamaha HS-7, NS-1000M, Yamaha Promix 01, Rane HC-6, etc.

New song "Our Time"
https://youtu.be/BqOZ4-0iY1w?si=_uwmgRBv3N4VwJlq

Visit my You Tube Channel
https://youtube.com/@jamesconraadtucker ... PA5dM01GF7

Latest song releases on Bandcamp -

Latest albums on iTunes

All works registered copyright ©️
by leosutherland on Wed May 11, 2022 5:52 am
Hi Mate

Don't you find all them buttons confusing? And probably awkward for sausage fingers :D ?

...said Halo

Studio One Pro v4.6.2 / v5.5.2 / v6.5.2
Serum, Diva, Repro, Synthmaster, Syntronik Bully, MTron Pro, Kontakt 6/7, AIR synths, Cherry Audio synths, Battery 4, PPG Wave 3.V, Generate

3XS SQ170 Music Studio PC
Windows 10 x64 (22H2)
i7 8700 Hexcore 3.2GHz, 16GB, 2TB 970 EVO+ M.2 NVMe SSD + 1TB SATA HD
Scarlett 2i4 (G2), Korg Taktile 25, Faderport 2018, ATOM

Beyerdynamic DT990 Pros, JBL 305P II speakers
Lokeyfly wroteCool.
You can also opt for some mice that allow the scroll wheel to tilt (cant). Which will automatically scroll horizontally. No need for additional key modifiers.

My EVGA X15 mouse does this.along with a lot of other programmable macro stuff. Works flawlessly with S1. I couldn't say the same for some other mice which I'll leave nameless.

Enjoy!

If you look closely, you can see the left arrow next to the scroll wheel.

Thank you for your guidance :)
leosutherland wroteHi Mate

Don't you find all them buttons confusing? And probably awkward for sausage fingers :D ?

Recently, I found out that I scroll along the project horizontally more frequently than vertically. So it would be better for me if I could set it up that way. Haha
by Lokeyfly on Fri May 13, 2022 7:08 am
leosutherland wroteHi Mate

Hi Leo, Hope all is well!
One would think so. I gave it a try thinking the same thing. It became quickly apparent this mouse is well laid out. It's simply a matter of finding what functions you use most.

The trick is forget the numbers altogether and pair things by two or three. However you might use your most accessible functions, be it Zoom, scaling, editing or whatever.

If the side of the EVGA X15 had a middle button (between 3 and 6) the grid would not be clear and all hell would break loose. There would then be less of a feel for location or pairing. The way it is, there's little worry.

I can IM you a list of how I use functions if you're thinking about looking into one. If nothing else just the idea behind its practicality. There was one other company that had a similar layout mouse and even had the side number pad where the overall button layout could be relocated for those worried about tactile placement, big/small hands, etc.
Mice are getting quite sophisticated, but then again isn't everything?

nuttawatpongpacharapun wrote: "Recently, I found out that I scroll along the project horizontally more frequently than vertically. So it would be better for me if I could set it up that way. Haha"

Yeah, make a function but I think tactically, the left and right camber that's on the scroll wheel itself is very elegant. Easy on the brain. LoL
I'd have to try but perhaps moving diagonal is a possibility using just the wheel itself. 🤔

If all you need is the horizontal movement, either a touch mouse or a simpler mouse with the same sort of tilt wheel capability works great!

Getting around is key! So really getting command of keyboard shortcuts helps, because no mouse, or peripheral can equal just having command of many shortcuts. mmv of course. (sort of a disclaimer line). ;)

S1-6.2.1, HP Omen 17" i7 10th Gen, 32 GB,512 GB TLC M.2 (SSD),1 TB SSD. Win10 Pro, Audient iD14 MkII, Roland JV90, NI S49 MkII, Atom SQ, FP 8, Roland GR-50 & Octapad. MOTU MIDI Express XT. HR824, Yamaha HS-7, NS-1000M, Yamaha Promix 01, Rane HC-6, etc.

New song "Our Time"
https://youtu.be/BqOZ4-0iY1w?si=_uwmgRBv3N4VwJlq

Visit my You Tube Channel
https://youtube.com/@jamesconraadtucker ... PA5dM01GF7

Latest song releases on Bandcamp -

Latest albums on iTunes

All works registered copyright ©️
by nuttawatpongpacharapun on Tue May 17, 2022 11:12 pm
Sure, I'm setting keyboard shortcut and macro to my preference, Thank Again. :punk:

7 posts
Page 1 of 1