163 postsPage 6 of 9
1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
"cassette recorder"? — what is that?

It sounds like some kind of new-fangled, back-engineered alien technology that the military is working on. Quite frankly, I've never heard of such a thing and even doubt that they exist. However, some of the more highly intellectual right wing extremists have been posting about them and some are even selling small sample lengths of something they call "cassette tape" in decorative boxes as a collector's item. I've ordered 3 of those, along with some survival gear, a few bars of gold, and some supplements that can protect my brain from voting for the other side.

Standing strong for our country's great DAW.

[You can tell the kind of well water I've been dipping into lately to work on my next book. ;) ]

[You can also tell that it's time for the update to drop, or this thread might be taken over by unpaid internet comedians. There are a few of us. :D ]

Studio One Pro (v5) on i7 7700 win10 PC w16GB RAM and a Mac Pro Tower (w/RME & Focusrite interfaces.)

I use S1 as an author/musician/multi-media artist.
My work includes the newly released: Clearing a Path to Joy (And finding contentment along the way) [AuroraSkyPublishing.com]
and my upcoming music video, Too Big To Fail, which introduces Citizen Based Social Planning — "the next step in the evolution of democracy." You know...typical everyday stuff. :)
by patrickviens on Tue Jun 28, 2022 9:06 am
roland1 wrote
bleedingdrone wroteSo after all of these .releases, still no fix for a reported issue (August 2021) on Portal Cassette? Geez.

"Portal Cassette"? I looked that up on Google. What the (horn blast) are you talking about? Is this some kind of a third party plugin that Presonus doesn't make? Or am I missing something?

The Porta Cassette Mix Fx. But it works fine.

Windows 10 64-bit
IntelCore i7-4700MQ @2.40GHz, 16GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce GT755M, MOTU Ultra-Lite MK3 Hybrid, IK Multimedia Axe I/O, Soundcraft Notepad 12FX Mixer/interface, MOTU Micro Lite Midi Interface, Studio One Professional 6.2.1
by roland1 on Tue Jun 28, 2022 9:16 am
patrickviens wroteThe Porta Cassette Mix Fx. But it works fine.

My work is done here. :D

[No. Wait. Cancel that statement: I will now be offering a service where I send your finished digital mixes to an old dusty cassette recorder. I will then work to get the right kind of wobbly, warbly, inconsistent frequency playback that I associate with old used tape and then I send it back out through a mono jack to be mastered. Only $20,000 per song. Sorry, I will only be accepting a limited number of "exclusive" clients to whom I'll be offering a special 2% discount. So act now while I'm in such a generous mood.]

[For those who missed out on SCTV.]

Studio One Pro (v5) on i7 7700 win10 PC w16GB RAM and a Mac Pro Tower (w/RME & Focusrite interfaces.)

My work includes the newly released: Clearing a Path to Joy (And finding contentment along the way) [AuroraSkyPublishing.com]
and my upcoming music video, Too Big To Fail, which introduces Citizen Based Social Planning — "the next step in the evolution of democracy." You know...typical everyday stuff. :)
by patrickviens on Tue Jun 28, 2022 3:50 pm
roland1 wrote
patrickviens wroteThe Porta Cassette Mix Fx. But it works fine.

My work is done here. :D

[No. Wait. Cancel that statement: I will now be offering a service where I send your finished digital mixes to an old dusty cassette recorder. I will then work to get the right kind of wobbly, warbly, inconsistent frequency playback that I associate with old used tape and then I send it back out through a mono jack to be mastered. Only $20,000 per song. Sorry, I will only be accepting a limited number of "exclusive" clients to whom I'll be offering a special 2% discount. So act now while I'm in such a generous mood.]

[For those who missed out on SCTV.]

As I said, it works fine. It's perfect for the application you mentioned. It should get you through one mastered song and a half. Make sure to make a projection for the daily tech servicing fee and to produce apology letters to your clients, to send before granting your discounts, of course.

Windows 10 64-bit
IntelCore i7-4700MQ @2.40GHz, 16GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce GT755M, MOTU Ultra-Lite MK3 Hybrid, IK Multimedia Axe I/O, Soundcraft Notepad 12FX Mixer/interface, MOTU Micro Lite Midi Interface, Studio One Professional 6.2.1
by roland1 on Tue Jun 28, 2022 4:11 pm
It's such a paradox. When digital audio tape machines and later "CD"s came out, we were being hyped on the increased frequency range and clarity of sound available to us.

Now, we are being offered software to undo all that.

Commerce. The threat is real. :D

by perrybocson on Tue Jun 28, 2022 9:05 pm
Yes! I am just running into this issue on my most recent project started out of the blue! Crashing originally when I used Transform Track to Rendered audio then is Crashing EVERY minute even when using NO plug ins Third party or not, I have updated ALL of my software my memory and hard drive space is good Cant find a solution anywhere its driving me crazy, can anyone help?!
by PreAl on Wed Jun 29, 2022 2:59 am
perrybocson wroteYes! I am just running into this issue on my most recent project started out of the blue! Crashing originally when I used Transform Track to Rendered audio then is Crashing EVERY minute even when using NO plug ins Third party or not, I have updated ALL of my software my memory and hard drive space is good Cant find a solution anywhere its driving me crazy, can anyone help?!

Create a new thread with your full specs and full steps to repro (please update your signature).

Intel i9 9900K (Gigabyte Z390 DESIGNARE motherboard), 32GB RAM, EVGA Geforce 1070 (Nvidia drivers).
Dell Inspiron 7591 (2 in 1) 16Gb.
Studio One Pro 6.x, Windows 11 Pro 64 bit, also running it on Mac OS Catalina via dual boot (experimental).
Presonus Quantum 2626, Presonus Studio 26c, Focusrite Saffire Pro 40, Faderport Classic (1.45), Atom SQ, Atom Pad, Maschine Studio, Octapad SPD-30, Roland A300, a number of hardware synths.
by frank.crow on Thu Jul 14, 2022 10:06 am
roland1 wroteIt's such a paradox. When digital audio tape machines and later "CD"s came out, we were being hyped on the increased frequency range and clarity of sound available to us.

This is so funny I was making basically the same point to someone a while back.

Frank Crow

Mac Mini (Late 2014)
Processor: 3.0 GHz Intel Core I7
Memory: 16 GB
Presonus. Studio One Pro V6
Presonus Quantum
Hardware DBX 160a
Hardware DBX 160XT
GA. LA2A (clone)
GA. LA3A (clone)
WA76 1176 (clone)
WA EQP Pultec (clone)
WA 73 Neve (clone)
Softube. Console 1 MK3 (pending)
Presonus. Faderport 8 (dual)

"God's grace" :D
by luigiperillo1 on Sat Jul 16, 2022 2:23 pm
It is me or is impossible to get midi back from reason rack on last Studio One 5.5.2.86528?

I just bought reason 12 and i was happy to use the nice player features in (bass and composing) to send midi back to virtual instruments in the studio one or midi hardware connected...

No way...no midi signal.

It does work fine on Renoise 3.4 in the same macbook pro M1 (MacOS 12.4)...

Any feedback?

Studio One pro 5 - Cubase pro 12 - Reason Suite -Renoise 3
iMac pro MacOS 10.15, 64GB - Apogee Symphony MkII - RME Fireface 802 - A&H Zed R16 - EVESC208 - Yamaha HS5.
Macbook pro M1 - UAD Apollo X4 - Sonnet TB3 chassis with 3x octo uad dsp pcie2 cards + Apogee Symphony desktop
Some Hardware outboards, midi interfaces, controllers, analog and digital drum machines and synths, trying to composing and mixing in a controlled pseudo acoustic room.
by PreAl on Sat Jul 16, 2022 4:20 pm
luigiperillo1 wroteIt is me or is impossible to get midi back from reason rack on last Studio One 5.5.2.86528?

I just bought reason 12 and i was happy to use the nice player features in (bass and composing) to send midi back to virtual instruments in the studio one or midi hardware connected...

No way...no midi signal.

Any feedback?

Best start a new thread and and show us screenshots and details of your setup what what you are trying to do. Without specifics it's hard to know.

Edit nevermind - you posted on another thread with more details. Please if you can stick to one thread otherwise the conversation gets duplicated.

Intel i9 9900K (Gigabyte Z390 DESIGNARE motherboard), 32GB RAM, EVGA Geforce 1070 (Nvidia drivers).
Dell Inspiron 7591 (2 in 1) 16Gb.
Studio One Pro 6.x, Windows 11 Pro 64 bit, also running it on Mac OS Catalina via dual boot (experimental).
Presonus Quantum 2626, Presonus Studio 26c, Focusrite Saffire Pro 40, Faderport Classic (1.45), Atom SQ, Atom Pad, Maschine Studio, Octapad SPD-30, Roland A300, a number of hardware synths.
by luigiperillo1 on Sun Jul 17, 2022 10:27 am
Yeah, sorry I'm a bit lost....to where exactly i should write :)

So back to the problem:

Practically i want to get the MIDI out signal from reason rack plugin and route it to what ever virtual instruments I'v loaded on S1

Like in this video (is related to Ableton but is the same concept): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9SR_qQDGHuI&t=165s

I did the same on Studio One, I'v insert an instrument track with Reason Rack plugin where is running a Sequencer, now i want that the midi signal from this Reason Rack sequencer is routed to my Moog Plugin (UAD) in the second instrument track where as MIDI IN is selected the Reason Rack out midi :)
I well know how MONITOR and RECORD should be enabled to listen back the midi from reason rack to the virtual instrument, i do work with DAW since 36 years :) but since I'm new with S1, could be some that i miss in the right procedure because i can't get midi signal back from Reason Rack Plugin...seems S1 wont route it.

Im on Macbook Pro 13 M1 with Monterey 12.4 as MacOS, Studio one 5.5.2 (last one) and Reason 12.2.7d82
Audiocard is not related to this but is the same if i do use the APollo X4 or the Apogee Symphony Desktop or internal mac audio.

iMac pro MacOS 10.15, 64GB - Apogee Symphony MkII - RME Fireface 802 - A&H Zed R16 - EVESC208 - Yamaha HS5.
Macbook pro M1 - UAD Apollo X4 - Sonnet TB3 chassis with 3x octo uad dsp pcie2 cards + Apogee Symphony desktop
Some Hardware outboards, midi interfaces, controllers, analog and digital drum machines and synths, trying to composing and mixing in a controlled pseudo acoustic room.
by roland1 on Mon Jul 18, 2022 10:25 am
luigiperillo1 wroteYeah, sorry I'm a bit lost....to where exactly i should write :)
So back to the problem:...

I think that you'd be better off asking the Reason support people or the Reason forum because they have what is essentially a proprietary virtual instrument product that they have to try to make work in all the DAWs.

It's not Studio One's responsibility to get that product working properly, nor to advise people on how it is used in the DAW. Ampire and other plugins, that's a different story.

Monterey, although soon to be replaced, is still a brand new OS. It could be that the Reason rack is not quite ready for Monterey or that there are aspects of the product that only they know how to make work properly.

You might get lucky here, but I would start by creating a separate thread (new topic) that says NEED REASON PLUGIN HELP or something like that. Or "Work from home and make $4000.00 a day" (I would use the latter; and then set the hook with a bait and switch). :D

by reggie1979beatz on Mon Jul 18, 2022 12:20 pm
roland1 wrote
bleedingdrone wroteSo after all of these .releases, still no fix for a reported issue (August 2021) on Portal Cassette? Geez.

"Portal Cassette"? I looked that up on Google. What the (horn blast) are you talking about? Is this some kind of a third party plugin that Presonus doesn't make? Or am I missing something?

It's a mix FX that you can buy extra or it comes with Sphere. I'd like to know what the issue is so I can confirm/deny.

Bye......:roll:
by roland1 on Mon Jul 18, 2022 4:13 pm
reggie1979beatz wrote...
It's a mix FX that you can buy extra or it comes with Sphere. I'd like to know what the issue is so I can confirm/deny.

I don't think he ever said anything more about it. May have just been venting. You could PM him.

[It's funny, when I look back on just this page, it seems I've been totally monopolizing this thread. Then again, what do you do with a long dormant 5.52 release announcement once the thrill is gone? That's right. You throw in a little mental graffiti. :) Hopefully tomorrow we'll get an update... ]

by luigiperillo1 on Tue Jul 19, 2022 2:02 pm
roland1 wrote
luigiperillo1 wroteYeah, sorry I'm a bit lost....to where exactly i should write :)
So back to the problem:...

I think that you'd be better off asking the Reason support people or the Reason forum because they have what is essentially a proprietary virtual instrument product that they have to try to make work in all the DAWs.

It's not Studio One's responsibility to get that product working properly, nor to advise people on how it is used in the DAW. Ampire and other plugins, that's a different story.

Monterey, although soon to be replaced, is still a brand new OS. It could be that the Reason rack is not quite ready for Monterey or that there are aspects of the product that only they know how to make work properly.

You might get lucky here, but I would start by creating a separate thread (new topic) that says NEED REASON PLUGIN HELP or something like that. Or "Work from home and make $4000.00 a day" (I would use the latter; and then set the hook with a bait and switch). :D

Heheh..or use a sex title :)
Btw is strange that is working on S1 v4....make me crazy also because it is working in all the major daw here...Reason forum is coming.. :)

by reggie1979beatz on Wed Jul 20, 2022 7:17 am
roland1 wroteIt's such a paradox. When digital audio tape machines and later "CD"s came out, we were being hyped on the increased frequency range and clarity of sound available to us.

But it's SO much fun :thumbup:

Bye......:roll:
by bleedingdrone on Wed Jul 20, 2022 9:06 pm
reggie1979beatz wrote
roland1 wrote

It has a significant delay that is not compensated. Presonus is aware of the issue - for almost a year.

Thanks
by Lokeyfly on Thu Jul 21, 2022 5:17 am
luigiperillo1 wroteIt is me or is impossible to get midi back from reason rack on last Studio One 5.5.2.86528?

No way...no midi signal.

Any feedback?

It's been a while since I used Reason 6.5. I had full flexability via Rewire with Studio One with multiple tracks with MIDI, audio, and automation. It appears to be the same here with the Reasin Rack v11.
Use the Input/output panel 4:25 as shown.
phpBB [video]

Turn off the LED"s on the Inout/Output module to avoid sending on the main outs of Reason, and create the individual channel routing. When you record, you already record in a MIDI track in Studio One sending out to the Reason plugin and instrument of your choice.
However, I may be missing something you are trying to do. Hope this helps!

FWIW, Looks like the Reason Rack 12 is subscription only now. Bye Bye Propellerhead!

S1-6.2.1, HP Omen 17" i7 10th Gen, 32 GB,512 GB TLC M.2 (SSD),1 TB SSD. Win10 Pro, Audient iD14 MkII, Roland JV90, NI S49 MkII, Atom SQ, FP 8, Roland GR-50 & Octapad. MOTU MIDI Express XT. HR824, Yamaha HS-7, NS-1000M, Yamaha Promix 01, Rane HC-6, etc.

New song "Our Time"
https://youtu.be/BqOZ4-0iY1w?si=_uwmgRBv3N4VwJlq

Visit my You Tube Channel
https://youtube.com/@jamesconraadtucker ... PA5dM01GF7

Latest song releases on Bandcamp -

Latest albums on iTunes

All works registered copyright ©️
by roland1 on Thu Jul 21, 2022 2:59 pm
Note to Mister E. from my other thread (that got closed): I was talking about the ARA aspect of Melodyne integration, which allowed for real time editing rather than caching the audio file. That made the work flow much easier.

by ryanm1 on Sun Jul 24, 2022 9:09 am
Studio one is in the good place now. They've implemented most of the big feature requests the last few years, I'm happy using it as is for mixing and mastering. Maybe just better cpu usage would always be nice

163 postsPage 6 of 9
1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9