163 postsPage 8 of 9
1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
Weird. I'm getting a delay that warns me a post has been made before I send. Only its my post.
Anyway, onward and forward.

S1-6.2.1, HP Omen 17" i7 10th Gen, 32 GB,512 GB TLC M.2 (SSD),1 TB SSD. Win10 Pro, Audient iD14 MkII, Roland JV90, NI S49 MkII, Atom SQ, FP 8, Roland GR-50 & Octapad. MOTU MIDI Express XT. HR824, Yamaha HS-7, NS-1000M, Yamaha Promix 01, Rane HC-6, etc.

New song "Our Time"
https://youtu.be/BqOZ4-0iY1w?si=_uwmgRBv3N4VwJlq

Visit my You Tube Channel
https://youtube.com/@jamesconraadtucker ... PA5dM01GF7

Latest song releases on Bandcamp -

Latest albums on iTunes

All works registered copyright ©️
by PreAl on Fri Jul 29, 2022 4:26 pm
Lokeyfly wroteWeird. I'm getting a delay that warns me a post has been made before I send. Only its my post.
Anyway, onward and forward.

There seems to be significant delays on the forum's at times today, especially when you first visit or submit content.

Something up, they probably need to restart the server's website service.

Intel i9 9900K (Gigabyte Z390 DESIGNARE motherboard), 32GB RAM, EVGA Geforce 1070 (Nvidia drivers).
Dell Inspiron 7591 (2 in 1) 16Gb.
Studio One Pro 6.x, Windows 11 Pro 64 bit, also running it on Mac OS Catalina via dual boot (experimental).
Presonus Quantum 2626, Presonus Studio 26c, Focusrite Saffire Pro 40, Faderport Classic (1.45), Atom SQ, Atom Pad, Maschine Studio, Octapad SPD-30, Roland A300, a number of hardware synths.
by roland1 on Fri Jul 29, 2022 4:28 pm
Jemusic wroteIt is not advisable to create two threads on the same topic. It causes confusion. Users respond in both threads therefore multiple (often good) answers end up spread across the two threads. We will usually merge them anyway and recommend the user keep the topic to the one thread so all the answers and responses remain in the one thread.

You can also send your query to support as well as post a topic though.

I have no idea what you are referring to.

If you had read "mehit's" post and mine, you would have realized that there were two separate topics to be discussed/posted about.

One having to do with Pro EQ; the other with the broken support system button and response.

I can't believe people are hiding my posts without even reading their content.

As for the forum delay, that's what happens when the filters are going crazy having to jump over hidden posts and maybe alert people of who is posting, etc. So unnecessary.

Studio One Pro (v5) on i7 7700 win10 PC w16GB RAM and a Mac Pro Tower (w/RME & Focusrite interfaces.)

I use S1 as an author/musician/multi-media artist.
My work includes the newly released: Clearing a Path to Joy (And finding contentment along the way) [AuroraSkyPublishing.com]
and my upcoming music video, Too Big To Fail, which introduces Citizen Based Social Planning — "the next step in the evolution of democracy." You know...typical everyday stuff. :)
by Jemusic on Fri Jul 29, 2022 4:39 pm
I have noticed the delay as well. At some point it will return to normal. Just click once for your submission and wait. It will show up. Just might take some time.

My dual thread was about two threads on the same topic not separate topics. People have done this thinking their question will get more traction. Separate issues warrant their own threads.

Just remember to keep all discussion though in this 5.5.2 discussion thread related to 5.5.2 issues and help etc, nothing else please. Off topic posts will be removed.

Specs i5-2500K 3.5 Ghz-8 Gb RAM-Win 7 64 bit - ATI Radeon HD6900 Series - RME HDSP9632 - Midex 8 Midi interface - Faderport 2/8 - Atom Pad/Atom SQ - HP Laptop Win 10 - Studio 24c interface -iMac 2.5Ghz Core i5 - High Sierra 10.13.6 - Focusrite Clarett 2 Pre & Scarlett 18i20. Studio One V5.5 (Mac and V6.5 Win 10 laptop), Notion 6.8, Ableton Live 11 Suite, LaunchPad Pro
by Lokeyfly on Fri Jul 29, 2022 4:55 pm
I just answered what I saw with mehit on one page here in this post. I verified his findings. If you need to relocate my response Jeff, go right ahead if it makes things easier. Didn't mean to step on anyone's prior response. I saw his point about Pro EQ about two days ago and I just remembered to verify [confirmed].

The delay, I thought might be me. I'm in the backyard quite a distance from the router trying to get the doggies to swim! 8-)
Peace, out.

S1-6.2.1, HP Omen 17" i7 10th Gen, 32 GB,512 GB TLC M.2 (SSD),1 TB SSD. Win10 Pro, Audient iD14 MkII, Roland JV90, NI S49 MkII, Atom SQ, FP 8, Roland GR-50 & Octapad. MOTU MIDI Express XT. HR824, Yamaha HS-7, NS-1000M, Yamaha Promix 01, Rane HC-6, etc.

New song "Our Time"
https://youtu.be/BqOZ4-0iY1w?si=_uwmgRBv3N4VwJlq

Visit my You Tube Channel
https://youtube.com/@jamesconraadtucker ... PA5dM01GF7

Latest song releases on Bandcamp -

Latest albums on iTunes

All works registered copyright ©️
by roland1 on Fri Jul 29, 2022 5:36 pm
Jemusic wrote...

My dual thread was about two threads on the same topic not separate topics. People have done this thinking their question will get more traction. Separate issues warrant their own threads.

Yes, that's why I mentioned it. In my deleted post, I wasn't talking about duplicating threads. I was talking about making a separate thread for each topic, each of which was a different topic from the other.

That's why I was confused when you gave that explanation.

Studio One Pro (v5) on i7 7700 win10 PC w16GB RAM and a Mac Pro Tower (w/RME & Focusrite interfaces.)

My work includes the newly released: Clearing a Path to Joy (And finding contentment along the way) [AuroraSkyPublishing.com]
and my upcoming music video, Too Big To Fail, which introduces Citizen Based Social Planning — "the next step in the evolution of democracy." You know...typical everyday stuff. :)
by gottfriedbergmair on Sat Jul 30, 2022 8:43 am
I made a "chord display" macro in S1 552 to show the input chord [TabNumber("2")]
After restarting S1, the chord display window is shown as expected, but the input chord setting is gone. The Chord Track setting is always displayed.
It would be very helpful if the parameter setting was preserved.
Gottfried

Win 10 64 i7-7K 32GB 2x M2, Studio One 6 Pro + Fat Channel XT Suite + Studio 192 + Eris E8 + FP2018 + ATOM+ATOM SQ; Keylab mk2 49, Lewitt 441 Flex, Zoom H5, Mackie 402-VLZ4; SW: Arturia V + FX, Melodyne 5 STUDIO, u-he Synths, TAL, Klanghelm, RX Std 10
by roland1 on Sat Jul 30, 2022 9:58 am
Found something, twice now.

As I'm starting up 5.5.2, in the last two days I've twice tried to stop the plugin scan by pressing "skip" but it just continues with the scan.

I think the scan is useful to have running, but on those days when it's unnecessary (no new installs or removals) it would be nice if "skip" actually worked for me.

I'm doing this on my Win 10 PC. It's up to date. My breath is fresh. My belly full. I can't think of anything else that might potentially cause this issue.

If someone says "disable" the scan, I will have to say logical things in a way that will get my post removed. ;)

by tommyfinke on Mon Aug 01, 2022 12:19 am
roland1 wroteFound something, twice now.

As I'm starting up 5.5.2, in the last two days I've twice tried to stop the plugin scan by pressing "skip" but it just continues with the scan.

I think the scan is useful to have running, but on those days when it's unnecessary (no new installs or removals) it would be nice if "skip" actually worked for me.

I'm doing this on my Win 10 PC. It's up to date. My breath is fresh. My belly full. I can't think of anything else that might potentially cause this issue.

If someone says "disable" the scan, I will have to say logical things in a way that will get my post removed. ;)

The „Skip“ option is not meant to skip the whole scanning process but to skip the one plugin being scanned at the moment. Some plugins can cause trouble and delays while being scanned (for example when you scan Vienna Ensemble Pro for the first time it starts its own plugin scan which takes a lot of time until the plugin would report it‘s finished to Studio One‘s scan…) so you can jump over to another plugin by using „Skip“.
Effectively turning the plugin scan off in Studio One‘s preferences is the only way to prevent scanning plugins that have already been scanned and proven to work. :punk:

Songwriter, composer, theatre guy. :punk:

MacBook Pro 14' 2023
OS X Ventura
M2 Max 64gb

Studio One 6
Notion 6
HUB
Faderport 8
Studio 1810
SL III 32SC, EarMix 16, NSB 16.8
Revelator iO24
Eris 4.5 BT

UAD apollo 8, MOTU 828 mkII, RME Babyface Pro, MOTU 24AO

Ableton Live 8-11, Nuendo 12, Avid Pro Tools, Bitwig Studio 1.3.14, Reaper, Melodyne Studio, Reason 11.3d36
by roland1 on Mon Aug 01, 2022 8:01 am
tommyfinke wrote...
The „Skip“ option is not meant to skip the whole scanning process but to skip the one plugin being scanned at the moment....

I've never pressed the skip button before but did so enthusiastically those two times and nothing happened. When I read the word "skip", my mind said "Oh, that must mean skip this (!#%#)" and not skip this plugin. But what you're saying makes sense and I have to admit, I do recall in the years past having to press to skip over a stuck plugin. Or it was in another DAW.

But alas, I am old, weary and my eyes are not what they used to be, and...(various other excuses pending my remembering what they are). Well, okay, that's mostly a lie. But it absolves me of some of the responsibility for my actions...(or?)

So now I'm like a rock in a hard place: do I "disable" the scan, or just pretend to enjoy watching all those same plugins zooming by each day, waving and saying hello as if I care about them, when in reality, my love for so many of them has grown cold and weary. At least if I disable, we don't have to look at one another and continue with this tragic charade that one day we'll be together again, working on some exciting new project. [several more pages of dialogue].

[cut to commercial]

P.S. Thanks for re-educating me. :) I'd forgotten that and my brain was busy elsewhere.

by reggie1979beatz on Thu Aug 11, 2022 7:31 am
roland1 wrote
tommyfinke wrote...
The „Skip“ option is not meant to skip the whole scanning process but to skip the one plugin being scanned at the moment....

I've never pressed the skip button before but did so enthusiastically those two times and nothing happened. When I read the word "skip", my mind said "Oh, that must mean skip this (!#%#)" and not skip this plugin. But what you're saying makes sense and I have to admit, I do recall in the years past having to press to skip over a stuck plugin. Or it was in another DAW.

But alas, I am old, weary and my eyes are not what they used to be, and...(various other excuses pending my remembering what they are). Well, okay, that's mostly a lie. But it absolves me of some of the responsibility for my actions...(or?)

So now I'm like a rock in a hard place: do I "disable" the scan, or just pretend to enjoy watching all those same plugins zooming by each day, waving and saying hello as if I care about them, when in reality, my love for so many of them has grown cold and weary. At least if I disable, we don't have to look at one another and continue with this tragic charade that one day we'll be together again, working on some exciting new project. [several more pages of dialogue].

[cut to commercial]

P.S. Thanks for re-educating me. :) I'd forgotten that and my brain was busy elsewhere.

There is an option IIRC that allows you to have S1 to not scan on startup. It's under options/location/vst plugs and deselect "scan on startup"

Not sure if that helps you, but it's worth mentioning.

Bye......:roll:
by roland1 on Thu Aug 11, 2022 8:34 am
Yeah, I think that my post was more a product of my impatience that day with the waiting process. I was doing other things and just wanted to "go, go, go!" and so — in part with my brain shut off because I was doing something tedious like reinstalling something — I clicked skip.

I don't have any poorly coded plugins so I don't encounter situations when I'm actually using the "skip" function for it's intended purpose. So I kind of forgot that it's a "per plugin" rather than global off switch. But I know you can turn the whole process off. But I'm not that impatient. Yet. :)

Digital performer reminded me of what skip meant the other day when it rejected 2 vst3 plugins. But it's such a rare experience nowadays that I take it for granted.

Just shows you that no matter how much you think you've absorbed, sometimes we forget.

Thanks for the assists and "get well soon" cards. :)

by reggie1979beatz on Fri Aug 12, 2022 9:01 am
roland1 wroteDigital performer

Not sure if this is applicable, but I was just testing this on windoze. Not sure about mac, but it was a dreadful experience. CRASH, CRASH, and you guessed it, CRASH.

Man, other than Reason (which is pretty cool, LOVE the rack) there's just nothing else out there for my system (shrug) 5.5.2 RULES ya awl!

Bye......:roll:
by roland1 on Fri Aug 12, 2022 9:15 am
reggie1979beatz wrote
roland1 wroteDigital performer

Not sure if this is applicable, but I was just testing this on windoze. Not sure about mac, but it was a dreadful experience. CRASH, CRASH, and you guessed it, CRASH.

Man, other than Reason (which is pretty cool, LOVE the rack) there's just nothing else out there for my system (shrug) 5.5.2 RULES ya awl!

Yeah, it is and always has been primarily a Mac application — and one more directed for high end users in post and scoring. For that reason, it lacks in certain areas that other DAWS take for granted. The vsti instruments suck, for instance. But it's MIDI capabilities outshine most. It also continues to be the preferred live DAW by major live acts that have included Madonna, Motley Crue, etc. for triggering cues, etc. It doesn't break on a Mac. (You should google that, it's quite interesting how many major acts use it onstage.).

That they ported it over to Windows was a way to finally make DP cross platform. But I've heard many complaints about the Win version. However, I use it on both platforms and it seems fine for the most part. But S1 is my mainstay DAW, so I'm never really forced to do entire productions in DP, especially on Windows 10.

by bennyr1 on Tue Aug 16, 2022 1:35 am
when come a update to s1 5.5.2 ? normaly updates come after 2 months. now it is over 4.4 months after 5.5.2 and no update

win 11 64 I5 8600K(6*4.1 GHZ) studio one V 5 pro
by Quietly on Tue Aug 16, 2022 2:45 am
bennyr1 wrotewhen come a update to s1 5.5.2 ? normaly updates come after 2 months. now it is over 4.4 months after 5.5.2 and no update

Not strictly true 4.6 to 5 was 6 months. There is no rigid time scale and as far as I am aware no DAW manufacturer ever pre-announces a date for either updates or upgrades. What is true is that most other DAW manufacturers have either updated or graded in the last 3 months with I think the exception being FL Studio whose last update was March one month more than Presonus. I would give it another couple of months and if it goes past 6 months start asking questions but it’s a little early right now. JMHO

Gerry

Those who can't dance always blame the band.
https://soundcloud.com/gerry-cooper-855281238
Windows 11 64 Bit, Installed Ram 16 GB, DDR4 3600 MHz, 11th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-11400F @ 2.60GHz
by bennyr1 on Tue Aug 16, 2022 3:52 am
in this wiki entry https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Studio_One_(software) below are the release dates of all updates. you can see there come in 2022 realy very few updates.

from 4.6.2 to 5.0.0 was a little more as 1 months

3 June 4.6.2 Expanded ARA functionality for chords (increasing compatibility with version 5 of Melodyne) and bug fixes.[161]
Version 5
7 July 5.0.0 Score editor, 'Show Page' for live performances, polyphonic expression support, custom ROLI device support, support for recording in 64-bit floating-point WAV.[29][30]

Edit: you need add to the link ) because when click on it the forum does not add the )

by Quietly on Tue Aug 16, 2022 10:50 am
Fender Musical Instruments Corporation purchased Presonus in November 2021 since then we have had three updates. Read into that what you will :reading: LOL

I wrote incorrectly One update, Bennyr1 pointed out it was actualy Three.
Last edited by Quietly on Tue Aug 16, 2022 1:02 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Windows 11 64 Bit, Installed Ram 16 GB, DDR4 3600 MHz, 11th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-11400F @ 2.60GHz
by bennyr1 on Tue Aug 16, 2022 11:34 am
Quietly wroteFender Musical Instruments Corporation purchased Presonus in November 2021 since then we have had one update. Read into that what you will :reading: LOL

since november 21 there are 3 updates.

11 January 5.5.0 Automation, gain envelopes, and listening bus for mastering projects. Target peak and loudness settings. Chord extraction from MIDI data. Bulk export for digital formats. MIDI strum patterns.[174][175]
22 February 5.5.1 Usability improvements & bug fixes.[176]
5 April 5.5.2 Usability improvements & bug fixes.[177]
See also

by Quietly on Tue Aug 16, 2022 12:23 pm
bennyr1 wrote
Quietly wroteFender Musical Instruments Corporation purchased Presonus in November 2021 since then we have had one update. Read into that what you will :reading: LOL

since november 21 there are 3 updates.

11 January 5.5.0 Automation, gain envelopes, and listening bus for mastering projects. Target peak and loudness settings. Chord extraction from MIDI data. Bulk export for digital formats. MIDI strum patterns.[174][175]
22 February 5.5.1 Usability improvements & bug fixes.[176]
5 April 5.5.2 Usability improvements & bug fixes.[177]
See also

I stand corrected my mistake, in my old age I was reading this https://www.kvraudio.com/versions.php?p=3743. Cleans glasses and returns to rocking chair. :roll: The funny thing is that it was you that was moaning about the lack of updates not me LOL

163 postsPage 8 of 9
1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9