163 postsPage 7 of 9
1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
Longer gaps between releases often mean a major incremental is around the corner (e.g. 5.6.0).

A really long gap, followed by a minor incremental version (e.g. 5.6.3) often means that in a couple of months a major release is coming out. e.g. 6.0.0,

Yes I mind melded with the development team and consulted my psychic today. In reality nobody knows jack.

Intel i9 9900K (Gigabyte Z390 DESIGNARE motherboard), 32GB RAM, EVGA Geforce 1070 (Nvidia drivers).
Dell Inspiron 7591 (2 in 1) 16Gb.
Studio One Pro 6.x, Windows 11 Pro 64 bit, also running it on Mac OS Catalina via dual boot (experimental).
Presonus Quantum 2626, Presonus Studio 26c, Focusrite Saffire Pro 40, Faderport Classic (1.45), Atom SQ, Atom Pad, Maschine Studio, Octapad SPD-30, Roland A300, a number of hardware synths.
by reggie1979beatz on Tue Jul 26, 2022 10:59 am
Not sure I follow, but sonar was/is a feature rich program that wasn't stable (unless all you did was audio). Maybe now that it's Bandlab?

Bye......:roll:
by roland1 on Tue Jul 26, 2022 11:03 am
reggie1979beatz wroteNot sure I follow, but sonar was/is a feature rich program that wasn't stable (unless all you did was audio). Maybe now that it's Bandlab?

I don't want to divert too much from the topic post path here, but I've been using CW for the last few days to do sysex dumps and cataloguing some of my Korg 01Wfd sounds for a particular song.

In doing so, I began to realize how deep the software is and that, like a lot of DAWs, it has some features that are entirely unique to it. That said, I think that Bandlab has done a great job of fixing the bugs since they took it over. (I read the release notes). I never used it before, but now that I have a reason to do some of my work in it, I'm glad someone's looking after the code. And yes, it's still free. Go figure.

I haven't used it enough to find its weaknesses yet. But this morning I noticed that when I was trying to track an external hardware synth via MIDI, it cut off part of the performance in a few notes. It was a low buffer setting, but S1 didn't do that. So yeah, there may be some issues...

Studio One Pro (v5) on i7 7700 win10 PC w16GB RAM and a Mac Pro Tower (w/RME & Focusrite interfaces.)

I use S1 as an author/musician/multi-media artist.
My work includes the newly released: Clearing a Path to Joy (And finding contentment along the way) [AuroraSkyPublishing.com]
and my upcoming music video, Too Big To Fail, which introduces Citizen Based Social Planning — "the next step in the evolution of democracy." You know...typical everyday stuff. :)
by reggie1979beatz on Tue Jul 26, 2022 11:23 am
Like my sig, I run 5.5.2 at a buffer of 32. I keep waiting for this Audient to fail at that low a buffer but it hasn't so far.

Bye......:roll:
by roland1 on Tue Jul 26, 2022 11:50 am
reggie1979beatz wroteLike my sig, I run 5.5.2 at a buffer of 32. I keep waiting for this Audient to fail at that low a buffer but it hasn't so far.

In my case it seemed as though CW didn't want to play the full length of the note as it was written on the MIDI track. It just made a half-hearted quick sound and then went on to play all the other notes as I would have expected. It did that for one particular note in about three places, so I bailed on using it. Thankfully I know S1 is reliable in that regard.

Studio One Pro (v5) on i7 7700 win10 PC w16GB RAM and a Mac Pro Tower (w/RME & Focusrite interfaces.)

My work includes the newly released: Clearing a Path to Joy (And finding contentment along the way) [AuroraSkyPublishing.com]
and my upcoming music video, Too Big To Fail, which introduces Citizen Based Social Planning — "the next step in the evolution of democracy." You know...typical everyday stuff. :)
by mehit on Wed Jul 27, 2022 9:05 pm
Kinda wish the Submit/send button when creating tickets for all bugs @ presonus site worked as it should. Have to refresh the site, refill all info - and pray the submit/send button works. 1 of 10 times, noice. <3
by mehit on Wed Jul 27, 2022 9:09 pm
So i have lots of issues with s1. I dno if it's for someone else but if you put Pro EQ on 1 track then enable the LC Lowcut/hipass filter, then try switching between the different modes like 6-12-24-36db/oct randomly, u see the visual won't follow/chose the correct curve i chose most of the times? :D

weird
by MisterE on Wed Jul 27, 2022 10:50 pm
roland1 wroteNote to Mister E. from my other thread (that got closed): I was talking about the ARA aspect of Melodyne integration, which allowed for real time editing rather than caching the audio file. That made the work flow much easier.

Sorry dude, you're an entertaining writer and I enjoy your posts . . . but full ARA integration was there in 2.6. I'm capable of human error, but I know cause I spent so much time editing someone's errant vocals (not my own, of course: :) ) that I got audio editing PTSD after living in the program for 12 hours a day times three years.

Hey, resurrection is rare, ya gotta love it when you get some!
Last edited by MisterE on Thu Jul 28, 2022 10:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

AMD Ryzen 5600X CPU | Gigabyte B550 Vision D-P mobo | WD Black 2TB PCIe 4.0 NVME SSD | Crucial Ballistix 32GB 3600 mhz RAM | MSI Geforce 3060 Ti Gaming X | Win10 64-bit | S1 v6.0.2 | Mackie Onyx Blackbird interface | Korg M3 | Arturia Keylab 49 mkII
by PreAl on Thu Jul 28, 2022 1:50 am
mehit wroteKinda wish the Submit/send button when creating tickets for all bugs @ presonus site worked as it should. Have to refresh the site, refill all info - and pray the submit/send button works. 1 of 10 times, noice. <3

IMHO Presonus biggest weakness is it's website portals and how stuff is handled online, there are several issues. If the CEO wants to concentrate on KISS he should turn his attention to this. Sphere menu for instance was a guessing game. Online forms are a complicated mess and sometimes don't work correctly.

These forums with an android phone don't play ball either in some scenarios.. With Android phone/chome..get an email notification sent from forums,.then click on link to take me to a topic. If I'm logged in, there is no issue. If I'm logged out I'm prompted for username/password and then taken to home page (not topic). Lots of little things like this need fixing. These forums could do with a design overall too, hardly mobile friendly... feels stuck in the 90's.

Intel i9 9900K (Gigabyte Z390 DESIGNARE motherboard), 32GB RAM, EVGA Geforce 1070 (Nvidia drivers).
Studio One Pro 6.x, Windows 11 Pro 64 bit, also running it on Mac OS Catalina via dual boot (experimental).
Presonus Quantum 2626, Presonus Studio 26c, Focusrite Saffire Pro 40, Faderport Classic (1.45), Atom SQ, Atom Pad, Maschine Studio, Octapad SPD-30, Roland A300, a number of hardware synths.
by roland1 on Thu Jul 28, 2022 7:06 am
MisterE wrote...Sorry dude . . . but full ARA integration was there in 2.6 ...

Hey, resurrection is rare, ya gotta love it when you get some!

I stand (or sit) corrected re the ARA integration. In this press release it is not mentioned, but clearly the feature is the same—direct access to the track without copying it into the cache/RAM/lunchbox.

https://www.presonus.com/press/press-releases/PreSonus-Announces-Studio-One-2-a-Stunning-Upgrade Lion and Snow Leopard. Oh my...

As for the resurrection thing, I'm feeling pretty stoked. I might even start my own religion now, given that I have so many witnesses to the event. :D

by Lokeyfly on Thu Jul 28, 2022 6:58 pm
reggie1979beatz wroteLike my sig, I run 5.5.2 at a buffer of 32. I keep waiting for this Audient to fail at that low a buffer but it hasn't so far.

Ditto Reggie, Topic related, it's a perfect fit interface with Studio One. My iD14 mkII has blown me away in every way. I only wish I picked it up sooner.

I record with it at 8 samples at 48k and a lot of times, I forget to put it to 32. Then I think, what the...? It never protests.

It's a killer interface and tells me Audient knows just how to model quality. Hey, lbuilding large format consoles will do that. ;)

S1-6.2.1, HP Omen 17" i7 10th Gen, 32 GB,512 GB TLC M.2 (SSD),1 TB SSD. Win10 Pro, Audient iD14 MkII, Roland JV90, NI S49 MkII, Atom SQ, FP 8, Roland GR-50 & Octapad. MOTU MIDI Express XT. HR824, Yamaha HS-7, NS-1000M, Yamaha Promix 01, Rane HC-6, etc.

New song "Our Time"
https://youtu.be/BqOZ4-0iY1w?si=_uwmgRBv3N4VwJlq

Visit my You Tube Channel
https://youtube.com/@jamesconraadtucker ... PA5dM01GF7

Latest song releases on Bandcamp -

Latest albums on iTunes

All works registered copyright ©️
by roland1 on Thu Jul 28, 2022 8:13 pm
As for the topic. 5.5.2 is running very well for me on both my Mac and PC. In case anyone's looking. :)

by Bbd on Fri Jul 29, 2022 7:07 am
Hi guys. We need to keep posts on topic. Even in this thread those posts off topic will be removed.
Thanks.

Bbd

OS: Win 10 x64 Home, Studio One Pro 6.x, Notion 6, Series III 24, Studio 192, Haswell CPU: i7 4790k @ 4.4GHz, RAM: 32GB, Faderport 8/16, Central Station +, PreSonus Sceptre S6, Eris 3.5, Temblor 10, ATOM, ATOM SQ
by PreAl on Fri Jul 29, 2022 7:16 am
Agreed.
Hope 5.5.3 comes out soon then this thread can be condemned to the dumpster.

by Lokeyfly on Fri Jul 29, 2022 11:18 am
I'm real happy with 5.5.2, but I do want to check the issue recently made about Pro EQ not drawing curves at times. Something about trying the sub frequency roll-off and changing the slope. It was suppose to be fixed but I'd like to confirm it is or is not happening on my end. I'll check later.

I will also say that 5.x has displayed some crash issues that I've NEVER come across with Studio One.

I'm hoping the developers don't get too ambitious on a new version.

Two sayings come to mind.
*Be careful what you wish for.
&
*If it works, don't fix it.

That doesn't effect those who are having isolated issues. That may happen. Though there's a lot of "IF" they tried all of the necessary fixes such as, storage space, drivers, apps in background, and free beta biat anchor plugins, etc.

I'd go out on a limb and say Studio Ine is largely very stable. Just a tad less from 5 on a whole. Possibly due to the new plugin manager? Dunno.
That's just my experience.

S1-6.2.1, HP Omen 17" i7 10th Gen, 32 GB,512 GB TLC M.2 (SSD),1 TB SSD. Win10 Pro, Audient iD14 MkII, Roland JV90, NI S49 MkII, Atom SQ, FP 8, Roland GR-50 & Octapad. MOTU MIDI Express XT. HR824, Yamaha HS-7, NS-1000M, Yamaha Promix 01, Rane HC-6, etc.

New song "Our Time"

Latest albums on iTunes

by Lokeyfly on Fri Jul 29, 2022 1:52 pm
mehit wroteSo i have lots of issues with s1. I dno if it's for someone else but if you put Pro EQ on 1 track then enable the LC Lowcut/hipass filter, then try switching between the different modes like 6-12-24-36db/oct randomly, u see the visual won't follow/chose the correct curve i chose most of the times? :D

weird

I can very this. I was just working in a song and remembered to try this.

Absolutely. Both the lowpass and hi pass particularly at the 48dB amd 36dB slopes will redraw at times and not at others. It does this on other slopes as well like the 6, 12 and 24 dB rates. Again, at times.

I tried for example "Drum Machine". It might work 3 to 4 times then fail. Or fail 3 out of 4 times. It can happen on any preset. At least the ones I tried.

As for Pro EQ preset curves that are called up, they still are fixed from when they weren't, but this LP and HP curve anomoly does exist.
Last edited by Lokeyfly on Fri Jul 29, 2022 1:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

New song "Our Time"

Latest albums on iTunes

by roland1 on Fri Jul 29, 2022 1:54 pm
:) OKay.

But wasn't the Pro EQ problem supposed to have been fixed in the last release? I remember many people complaining about issues with losing the settings, or their not taking affect.

by Lokeyfly on Fri Jul 29, 2022 2:05 pm
Deleted bump (not necessary)
Last edited by Lokeyfly on Fri Jul 29, 2022 4:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

New song "Our Time"

Latest albums on iTunes

by roland1 on Fri Jul 29, 2022 2:22 pm
Hello there, mehit. Let me offer you some advice. Hope it's useful.

This thread is already too much of a mess to navigate and you'll never get noticed here unless you're someone like me with the talent for offending the right kind of people.

My advice is to start TWO separate threads (easy to do); each one dealing with the issues that you spoke about. That way you can get other people on this forum to a) find your post b) read and comment about their own experiences with the issue. And that way, the Fender guy can't pretend he can't hear you. :)

I think it's a waste of time hoping that anyone with company clout or pull has seen what you've written—or taken it seriously. And again, with all the extraneous noise, some of it caused by me, your message will only get lost and forgotten.

P.S. Tell that pacifist Lokefly that I know what he's up to. ;)

mehit wroteSo i have lots of issues with s1. I dno if it's for someone else but if you put Pro EQ on 1 track then enable the LC Lowcut/hipass filter, then try switching between the different modes like 6-12-24-36db/oct randomly, u see the visual won't follow/chose the correct curve i chose most of the times? :D

weird

mehit wroteKinda wish the Submit/send button when creating tickets for all bugs @ presonus site worked as it should. Have to refresh the site, refill all info - and pray the submit/send button works. 1 of 10 times, noice. <3
Last edited by roland1 on Fri Jul 29, 2022 2:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

by Jemusic on Fri Jul 29, 2022 3:45 pm
It is not advisable to create two threads on the same topic. It causes confusion. Users respond in both threads therefore multiple (often good) answers end up spread across the two threads. We will usually merge them anyway and recommend the user keep the topic to the one thread so all the answers and responses remain in the one thread.

You can also send your query to support as well as post a topic though.

Specs i5-2500K 3.5 Ghz-8 Gb RAM-Win 7 64 bit - ATI Radeon HD6900 Series - RME HDSP9632 - Midex 8 Midi interface - Faderport 2/8 - Atom Pad/Atom SQ - HP Laptop Win 10 - Studio 24c interface -iMac 2.5Ghz Core i5 - High Sierra 10.13.6 - Focusrite Clarett 2 Pre & Scarlett 18i20. Studio One V5.5 (Mac and V6.5 Win 10 laptop), Notion 6.8, Ableton Live 11 Suite, LaunchPad Pro

163 postsPage 7 of 9
1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9