29 postsPage 1 of 2
1, 2
I'm not sure if this is the right place for this, but these guys deserve a lot of credit.

In an age with so many janky youtube viddys where people wax on about a whole lot of unnecessary nonsense it's great that they make so many clear and to the point vids that actually help you understand the product and point out things that you didn't think of.

Well done :)

Bye......:roll:
by Fornicras on Mon Apr 04, 2022 7:45 am
I don't mean to offend anyone but Joe's videos are extremely boring. He keeps going out of topic or talking too much about something when it's already quite easy to understand (I know it's subjective but I don't think you need to talk about creating a bus channel for 4 minutes). I also think that he's not that competent with the Studio One software, I saw in some of the videos that he doesn't know how to use certain functions or decides to do it the hard way.

Gregor, on the other hand, is the exact opposite of Joe and knows the software very well, is concise, and provides better "tips" overall.

I wish we could see more of Gregor and less of Joe.

Using Studio One 6 (Always the latest version)

System
i9 9900K, 64GB RAM, 2080TI, 34" 4K Display & 55" 4K Professional Display, Windows 10
Studio I/O
Lewitt LCT-440, Yamaha HS7, PreSonus Studio 1824c, Beyerdynamics DT1990, Audio Technica M50X
Studio Gear
Arturia Keylab 88 MK2, Atom Pad, Atom SQ
Instruments
Cordoba GK Studio, Takamine GJ72CE, Godin Session, Yamaha F310

R&B Singer / Songwriter / Producer
Website
by gregghart on Mon Apr 04, 2022 8:13 am
I have to disagree with you. While I really like Gregor's videos, sometimes I think he goes too fast....I like Joe's videos a lot. I do my best to watch every one and I have learned something in just about all of them. Plus I feel like I can relate to him more. I think I like the fact that he comes across as a regular user. Gregor comes across as a developer or engineer. I don't know if he is or not, but he comes across as one. His explanations are a little more advanced than what some users might be able to comprehend. Plus, as much as you think Joe spends too much time on creating a bus, Gregor spends too much time on setting up keyboard shortcuts.

Win11, 12th Gen Intel Core i7-12700K (3.60 GHz), 32GB Ram. Focusrite Scarlett 8i6 3rd Gen. Native Instruments Komplete Kontrol S88 Mark 2, Native Instruments Komplete Kontrol S61 Mark 1, Presonus FaderPort 8.

https://www.midiboy.com

https://gregghart.bandcamp.com
by kisnou on Mon Apr 04, 2022 8:16 am
Personally (again, I underline this is completely subjective) I prefer Gregor's videos. I'm a younger producer, I feel closer to his ideas aand workflow. I dont' watch Joe's videos; most of them are boring for me and they do not add anything new to my existing repertoire of skills. Gregor's tutorials were good when I started using S1, but right now I feel like all their videos are for newbies.

Sometimes I wish there was someone who could really go in-depth and show us some really cool and advanced tricks, rather than explaining the same basic functionalities over and over. Some videos seem to be a duplicate of others.
Instead of making fresh but basic videos for new S1 users, what I would do if I was behind this is to gather the really good tutorial videos they have already made in a playlist for everyone to check out and avoid making new videos that go over that stuff again.

Presonus Featured Artist (Italy)
My Latest Feature Requests :arrow:
https://answers.presonus.com/73692/s1-essential-feature-plugin-racks
https://answers.presonus.com/72506/zoom-to-selection-improvement-vote-if-you-agree
Studio One Pro 6
Win10 - AMD Ryzen 9 5900X - 32gb ram DDR4
Gigabyte RTX 3060
Interface: Focusrite 18i20 3rd gen
Prophet XL + KeyStep Pro
Atom SQ
Revelator
by IanM5 on Mon Apr 04, 2022 8:17 am
I love Gregor's one minute vids. Straight to the point, no waffle, no filler. I wish there were more companies producing that kind of vid.

https://www.youtube.com/hashtag/studiooneminute

Heavy-handed moderation can strangle a forum
by reggie1979beatz on Mon Apr 04, 2022 8:56 am
Oh my, I opened up a can of worms (yikes)

by garyshepherd on Mon Apr 04, 2022 9:37 am
Fornicras wroteI don't mean to offend anyone but Joe's videos are extremely boring. He keeps going out of topic or talking too much about something when it's already quite easy to understand (I know it's subjective but I don't think you need to talk about creating a bus channel for 4 minutes). I also think that he's not that competent with the Studio One software, I saw in some of the videos that he doesn't know how to use certain functions or decides to do it the hard way.

Blimey - I have learned a lot from Joe Gilder - if you don't like them then don't watch them.

Please note that I may express opinions that are different from yours but I do not intend to cause offence.
iMac 27" 3.3 GHz Intel Core i5, 32 GB Ram, Monterey 12.7.4, 64 bit, Studio One 6.6 Professional Minus (always the latest) , Reason 11, Melodyne 5 Studio, Digital Performer 11.3, Korg Legacy Wavestation and M1, Arturia minimoog V, Helix Native 3.71, Bias FX 2 Elite, Superior Drummer 3, EZkeys, EZbass, Nektar Panorama T4, Motu M4, Faderport 2018, Gibson Les Paul Standard, James Tyler Variax JTV-59 and other gear.
by davidlarson6 on Mon Apr 04, 2022 10:13 am
kisnou wroteInstead of making fresh but basic videos for new S1 users, what I would do if I was behind this is to gather the really good tutorial videos they have already made in a playlist for everyone to check out and avoid making new videos that go over that stuff again.

They've done that, if one is a Sphere member. And it goes well beyond Gregor's and Joe's videos.

reggie1979beatz wroteOh my, I opened up a can of worms (yikes)

Yep, and the fish are biting! ;)

DKLarson

Windows 10, i9, 64GB, 3X 1TB SSDs; Macbook Pro M1 Pro, 32GB, 1TB SSD
Audient iD14, Atom SQ, Keystep 37, Studiologic SL88, Moog Sub Phatty, Kawai MP11SE, Roli Seaboard.
by reggie1979beatz on Mon Apr 04, 2022 3:59 pm
Well for me, I don't look at as a "these guys should ... " thing and more "I'll take what I can get" attitude.

Some of it isn't for me. I either already know what the deal is, or it doesn't suit me. But most of it, in fact, the vast majority is very cool.

And they are CONSTANTLY putting stuff up. I like Marcus also, and that Ivan dude is pretty cool. But Gregor and Joe supply the meat and potatoes of it.

by scottyo7 on Tue Apr 05, 2022 11:40 am
Joes' delivery in the Presonus videos has improved since he was on his own. :thumbup:

I just let the topic guide me but usually I end up watching more of Gregor's stuff. ;)

Please add your System-Gear-Info to your Profile here.
-S1 Pro 5.5.2. Win11 Pro 22H2. Behringer UMC404HD. Melodyne Studio 5.3.1.018.
-MSI 12th Gen i7, 16GB, 1GB SSD x2, 7200rpm 2TB HD, NVIDIA RTX 3060.
-EZD3 & EZD2. Helix Native, Scuffham S-Gear. iZotope Ozone 5.
-Akai MPK249. 6 Guitars. Line 6 Helix LT, 2 POD's & an E-bow. 8-)
-Adam Audio T8V's. Dual 28" ViewSonic Displays. Rode NT1. SM58. Original Faderport.

-Just My Songs
-My Previous Band: 2GUYZINABASEMENT
by MisterE on Tue Apr 05, 2022 2:59 pm
Presonus unleashing Gregor meant that they finally realized external instruments weren't going the way of the dinosaurs, they were heading in the other direction in fact, which brought people like me who enjoy hardware synths back into the fold. While I think he could go a tad slower, I like seeing his room full of hardware synths. Between him and Joe, that's a lot of good content in my book.
Last edited by MisterE on Wed Apr 06, 2022 1:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.

AMD Ryzen 5600X CPU | Gigabyte B550 Vision D-P mobo | WD Black 2TB PCIe 4.0 NVME SSD | Crucial Ballistix 32GB 3600 mhz RAM | MSI Geforce 3060 Ti Gaming X | Win10 64-bit | S1 v6.0.2 | Mackie Onyx Blackbird interface | Korg M3 | Arturia Keylab 49 mkII
by PreAl on Tue Apr 05, 2022 3:57 pm
I hope this isn't the Oscars.

Intel i9 9900K (Gigabyte Z390 DESIGNARE motherboard), 32GB RAM, EVGA Geforce 1070 (Nvidia drivers).
Dell Inspiron 7591 (2 in 1) 16Gb.
Studio One Pro 6.x, Windows 11 Pro 64 bit, also running it on Mac OS Catalina via dual boot (experimental).
Presonus Quantum 2626, Presonus Studio 26c, Focusrite Saffire Pro 40, Faderport Classic (1.45), Atom SQ, Atom Pad, Maschine Studio, Octapad SPD-30, Roland A300, a number of hardware synths.
by reggie1979beatz on Tue Apr 05, 2022 4:16 pm
I don't understand people. How can something as innocuous as a compliment for a job well done trigger such angst?

Anyways, I was away for a LONG time for just such a reason. Time to move on again.

by thomasforeman on Tue Apr 05, 2022 7:34 pm
I watch everything I can find from Gregor and Joe, digging back to some funny hair styles of face and head. I see Gregor as more of a geek and Joe as more of a musician. Gregor taps all that tech stuff, Joe lays down acoustic music. Besides his producing skills, Joe is a talented musician and singer. I've never seen Gregor do either, but he's a whiz at the keyboard. Both are better than I'll ever be, and they've both taught me a lot. I don't mind comparing them -- an interesting topic -- but I wouldn't want to do without either one of them.

T

Windows 11 Pro 64; Lenovo ThinkCentre 720t; Intel I-7; 32GB; Studio One 6.1 and Sphere; Focusrite Scarlett 18i8; Yamaha MX61 kbd
by garyshepherd on Wed Apr 06, 2022 4:26 am
thomasforeman wroteI watch everything I can find from Gregor and Joe, digging back to some funny hair styles of face and head. I see Gregor as more of a geek and Joe as more of a musician. Gregor taps all that tech stuff, Joe lays down acoustic music. Besides his producing skills, Joe is a talented musician and singer. I've never seen Gregor do either, but he's a whiz at the keyboard. Both are better than I'll ever be, and they've both taught me a lot. I don't mind comparing them -- an interesting topic -- but I wouldn't want to do without either one of them.

T

And what's more - they will answer your queries and are never afraid to admit they missed something if you point it out, and they are both still learning too. I think they are a good combination - I like Marcus Huyskens vids too - although I don't think he works for Presonus. And don't forget Smudge for all things Mastering in Studio One.

Please note that I may express opinions that are different from yours but I do not intend to cause offence.
iMac 27" 3.3 GHz Intel Core i5, 32 GB Ram, Monterey 12.7.4, 64 bit, Studio One 6.6 Professional Minus (always the latest) , Reason 11, Melodyne 5 Studio, Digital Performer 11.3, Korg Legacy Wavestation and M1, Arturia minimoog V, Helix Native 3.71, Bias FX 2 Elite, Superior Drummer 3, EZkeys, EZbass, Nektar Panorama T4, Motu M4, Faderport 2018, Gibson Les Paul Standard, James Tyler Variax JTV-59 and other gear.
by PreAl on Wed Apr 06, 2022 5:13 am
But which is better?
Gregor or Joe?
Only one way to find out...
I propose a deathmatch between them.
(Network Doom their next video?).

Intel i9 9900K (Gigabyte Z390 DESIGNARE motherboard), 32GB RAM, EVGA Geforce 1070 (Nvidia drivers).
Dell Inspiron 7591 (2 in 1) 16Gb.
Studio One Pro 6.x, Windows 11 Pro 64 bit, also running it on Mac OS Catalina via dual boot (experimental).
Presonus Quantum 2626, Presonus Studio 26c, Focusrite Saffire Pro 40, Faderport Classic (1.45), Atom SQ, Atom Pad, Maschine Studio, Octapad SPD-30, Roland A300, a number of hardware synths.
by IanM5 on Wed Apr 06, 2022 6:02 am
PreAl wroteBut which is better?
Gregor or Joe?
Only one way to find out...
I propose a deathmatch between them.
(Network Doom their next video?).

Great idea. Joe's strategy should be to hide for the first minute or so and hope that Gregor runs out of video.

(I really hope they are both reading this thread and enjoying the light-hearted feedback!) :D

Heavy-handed moderation can strangle a forum
by roland1 on Fri Apr 08, 2022 2:50 pm
Oh. I clicked on here because I thought it was a topic about romance. My bad. As you were.

Studio One Pro (v5) on i7 7700 win10 PC w16GB RAM and a Mac Pro Tower (w/RME & Focusrite interfaces.)

I use S1 as an author/musician/multi-media artist.
My work includes the newly released: Clearing a Path to Joy (And finding contentment along the way) [AuroraSkyPublishing.com]
and my upcoming music video, Too Big To Fail, which introduces Citizen Based Social Planning — "the next step in the evolution of democracy." You know...typical everyday stuff. :)
by shanabit on Sat Apr 09, 2022 11:32 am
Free videos are great. If you have a preference that is fine.

If you cant eat the meat and spit out the bones then you are just a whiner and need to make your own perfect videos for us to crap on. That and you are probably a D Bag
Last edited by shanabit on Sun Apr 10, 2022 11:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

StudioOnePro 6.1
UA Apollo Twin
OSX Sonoma 14.2

iMac 2013
by SwitchBack on Sat Apr 09, 2022 12:13 pm
I'd like to throw in a compliment for the scripting and editing of the videos too. Not sure if G&J do this themselves (these are 'official' PreSonus videos so they may have a say and maybe more in this), just like to point out that there's refreshingly little fluff in them. Compare this to a lot of the home-cooked 'lunchtime' vids (where you have to take a break halfway) and G&J's videos can save you hours easily :)

29 postsPage 1 of 2
1, 2