24 postsPage 2 of 2
1, 2
dgkenney wroteLong retired conversation but thought I'd mini update.

Antelope Zen Q working great with Studio One. Afx2daw works as insert without problems. ADDA conversion excellent. Mic (Edge Solo) arrived and emulations available natively with Antelope as well as with other mics through VST emulations (iLok necessary for non-Antelope mics) Mic good enough to be in the selection/rotation with my ADK and Lauten mics.

Still pleased. Any questions, please ask.

I'm the biggest doubter on this thread . . . but not too haughty to admit that the person I respect the most on the Music Computers forum of Gearspace just bought a Zen Q and is raving about it. He's almost certainly on Win11, if that matters. The present deal which includes some nice software and a Mic for under $1,000 USD, seems safer than spending twice as much for Antelope's bigger offerings.

So perhaps the Antelope driver writers have got a grip on at least the Zen Q. It'll be interesting to see how nimble they are compared to the likes of RME at keeping up with changes by Apple and Microsoft or other sea changes in the plugin landscape, PC hardware innovations, or similar.

For your sake I'm glad to report that I may have been wrong about the viaiblity of Zen Q and hope your string of good fortune continues.

AMD Ryzen 5600X CPU | Gigabyte B550 Vision D-P mobo | WD Black 2TB PCIe 4.0 NVME SSD | Crucial Ballistix 32GB 3600 mhz RAM | MSI Geforce 3060 Ti Gaming X | Win10 64-bit | S1 v6.0.2 | Mackie Onyx Blackbird interface | Korg M3 | Arturia Keylab 49 mkII
by dgkenney on Thu Jul 07, 2022 6:59 am
Thanks for the kind thoughts. Yeah, so far so good.

It's all down hill from what's in front of the microphone. - Bob Olhsson

Studio One 6.5x Pro
***Optoplex i7 @ 3.4 ghz 32 gig mem running Windows 10 x64 Pro
*** Levono E520 with Win 10 x64 Pro
***Studio rig - MOTU Ultralite AVB*** Audient ASP/880***
***Mobile rig - Antelope Zen Q***
***Soundtoys/Plugin Alliance/Izotope/Slate/Nomad Factory plugs***
and....Lots of Outboard gear cause Pipeline is your friend
by Timodeous on Tue Oct 24, 2023 4:25 am
MisterE wrote
Lokeyfly wroteLet's see if someone chimes in that has one. There were early remarks about driver issues early on, but I believe that's been all resolved for a while now. That was just before the Zen Go came out so it's water under the bridge me thinks.

I came inches (and I mean inches) of buying the Zen Go, right at Christmas time. It's really a great buy at around $500, with the bundled plugins they offer. That's another story.....
I'll hold off on comments, but let's see who picked one up and how it is with Studio One.

Careful there cowboy! Do yourself a favor and search all three and see what comes up:

Antelope driver problems
RME driver problems
Presonus driver problems

Just a reminder - any of those items that may have driver issues may not be a fault of the company, especially on windows platforms. I have a ZenTour Synergy which I bought secondhand, so I do not have the afx2daw application - so I know nothing of that. However, I run a Hades Canyon NUC for my music, and one thing that has plagued it's TB3 is the Intel drivers for TB3, and there is an intermediary app I think so the PC has use it as either USB or TB3 - but Apollo drivers and Antelope drivers both have the same issues - hence its a Windows/Intel driver issue. Maybe a Mac would be better, but after cutting my teeth on PC's back when 8086 was cutting edge... I have tried a Mac, but its all backwards to me. (That's on operator issue hahaha)

Using it for an interface it works well... but its routing matrix is a bit clunky to get used to... like understanding that the output of the microphone is under inputs and it goes to AFX inputs, which are under outputs... etc...you have to think of it as not from the patchbay's perspective but what the patch cable sees. They even have it labeled AFX IN (under outputs) and AFX OUT (under inputs) The output of the mic preamp goes to the input of AFX - not very conducive to working quickly if you come from a different interface.

That being said, its hard to find something with 18x26 IO in that small of a form... granted using adat optical to one device and D-sub for another 8 outs... but 2 dedicated re-amp outputs for reamping or external FX is handy as hell for me... I send the guitar into the box, and I can record the internal amp, DI, my external FX processor and feed it to my amp head back in through Captor X

Works for me...

Attachments
Screenshot 2023-10-24 061539.jpg
by Tacman7 on Tue Oct 24, 2023 8:55 am
I bought a Zen Go TB which was down to $500, they twisted my arm!

It's really straining my remaining brain cells.

Well I'm still new to mac, so big learning curve but I'm really liking the zen go.

Picked up an edge solo for a couple of hundred and I'm in business.

The mac mini being new and clean with TB, very snappy, I edit my photos on it, beats the pc by a lot.

Forum Moderator.
Please add your specs to your SIGNATURE.
Search the STUDIO ONE 6 ONLINE MANUAL. Access your MY.PRESONUS account.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) One Sentence Description 2) Expected Results 3) Actual Results 4) Steps to Reproduce.

Studio OnePro6 Melodyne Studio
Win10 Ryzen 5 3600 - Motu M2
Ventura Mac Mini M2 - Zen Go TB

24 postsPage 2 of 2
1, 2