24 postsPage 1 of 2
1, 2
If so, how is it going. Are the playing nice together?

It's all down hill from what's in front of the microphone. - Bob Olhsson

Studio One 6.5x Pro
***Optoplex i7 @ 3.4 ghz 32 gig mem running Windows 10 x64 Pro
*** Levono E520 with Win 10 x64 Pro
***Studio rig - MOTU Ultralite AVB*** Audient ASP/880***
***Mobile rig - Antelope Zen Q***
***Soundtoys/Plugin Alliance/Izotope/Slate/Nomad Factory plugs***
and....Lots of Outboard gear cause Pipeline is your friend
by Tacman7 on Tue Feb 15, 2022 5:34 pm
I'd sure like to try one.

The plugin didn't work last time I looked at them.

They talk like it's working now, like I say, I'd like to try one.

Forum Moderator.
Please add your specs to your SIGNATURE.
Search the STUDIO ONE 6 ONLINE MANUAL. Access your MY.PRESONUS account.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) One Sentence Description 2) Expected Results 3) Actual Results 4) Steps to Reproduce.

Studio OnePro6 Melodyne Studio
Win10 Ryzen 5 3600 - Motu M2
Ventura Mac Mini M2 - Zen Go TB
by Lokeyfly on Tue Feb 15, 2022 6:00 pm
Let's see if someone chimes in that has one. There were early remarks about driver issues early on, but I believe that's been all resolved for a while now. That was just before the Zen Go came out so it's water under the bridge me thinks.

I came inches (and I mean inches) of buying the Zen Go, right at Christmas time. It's really a great buy at around $500, with the bundled plugins they offer. That's another story.....
I'll hold off on comments, but let's see who picked one up and how it is with Studio One.

S1-6.2.1, HP Omen 17" i7 10th Gen, 32 GB,512 GB TLC M.2 (SSD),1 TB SSD. Win10 Pro, Audient iD14 MkII, Roland JV90, NI S49 MkII, Atom SQ, FP 8, Roland GR-50 & Octapad. MOTU MIDI Express XT. HR824, Yamaha HS-7, NS-1000M, Yamaha Promix 01, Rane HC-6, etc.

New song "Our Time"
https://youtu.be/BqOZ4-0iY1w?si=_uwmgRBv3N4VwJlq

Visit my You Tube Channel
https://youtube.com/@jamesconraadtucker ... PA5dM01GF7

Latest song releases on Bandcamp -

Latest albums on iTunes

All works registered copyright ©️
by jBranam on Wed Feb 16, 2022 8:49 am
i too have been pondering ever since the Go came out... i hear the afx2daw is functioning but how well i don't know. it's great you can track with the onboard DSP but i am more interested in mixing back through it to lighten some of the 'heavy lifting' off the main system

cheers

“Life is so constructed, that the event does not, cannot, will not, match the expectation.”

Knot Hardly Productions
¯\_ { ͡• ͜ʖ ͡•} _/¯
by MisterE on Wed Feb 16, 2022 11:23 am
Lokeyfly wroteLet's see if someone chimes in that has one. There were early remarks about driver issues early on, but I believe that's been all resolved for a while now. That was just before the Zen Go came out so it's water under the bridge me thinks.

I came inches (and I mean inches) of buying the Zen Go, right at Christmas time. It's really a great buy at around $500, with the bundled plugins they offer. That's another story.....
I'll hold off on comments, but let's see who picked one up and how it is with Studio One.

Careful there cowboy! Do yourself a favor and search all three and see what comes up:

Antelope driver problems
RME driver problems
Presonus driver problems

AMD Ryzen 5600X CPU | Gigabyte B550 Vision D-P mobo | WD Black 2TB PCIe 4.0 NVME SSD | Crucial Ballistix 32GB 3600 mhz RAM | MSI Geforce 3060 Ti Gaming X | Win10 64-bit | S1 v6.0.2 | Mackie Onyx Blackbird interface | Korg M3 | Arturia Keylab 49 mkII
by dgkenney on Wed Feb 16, 2022 2:29 pm
Well lads....

I had some extra cash from selling some gear I no longer use, and the Zen Q Synergy promo was too inviting. Purchase the Q model and get all the plugs as well as a Modeling Microphone with 18 of their emulations. I have 30 days to return it so we will see. I've been looking for a on-the-go solution with my laptop and this seems promising.

Should arrive tomorrow so I'll report back some time over the weekend on my experience. Some folks over at Gearspace say the driver issues have been solved and the customer support has improved. We shall see what we see.

D

Studio One 6.5x Pro
by Lokeyfly on Wed Feb 16, 2022 4:21 pm
Nice going. You said the magic words "on the go". With the Q mic, you'll have excellent emulations as well. Smart shopping!
Plus the AFX2DAW, you'll be set up to use everything coming from Studio One as well.
Enjoy!

S1-6.2.1, HP Omen 17" i7 10th Gen, 32 GB,512 GB TLC M.2 (SSD),1 TB SSD. Win10 Pro, Audient iD14 MkII, Roland JV90, NI S49 MkII, Atom SQ, FP 8, Roland GR-50 & Octapad. MOTU MIDI Express XT. HR824, Yamaha HS-7, NS-1000M, Yamaha Promix 01, Rane HC-6, etc.

New song "Our Time"

Latest albums on iTunes

by Lokeyfly on Wed Feb 16, 2022 8:18 pm
MisterE wrote
Lokeyfly wroteLet's see if someone chimes in that has one. There were early remarks about driver issues early on, but I believe that's been all resolved for a while now. That was just before the Zen Go came out so it's water under the bridge me thinks.

Careful there cowboy! Do yourself a favor and search all three and see what comes up:

Antelope driver problems
RME driver problems
Presonus driver problems

Hey, someone cuts me off on the Brooklyn Queens Expressway, and I have driver problems. :D

I was looking at a lot of interfaces two months ago, and the only interface I was hesitant on due to drivers was the Apogee Duet 3, on PC only..

RME BF Pro FS, no way not recently as in years. RME make a number of drivers for different products of theirs. Their Audio interfaces have no driver issues.

As for Presonus, I don't know because I wasn't shopping for one.

I just saw JBranam's comments and I echo his thoughts. Let's see. The AFX2DAW did have some issues not that long ago. It's largely in these companies best interest to iron out driver compatability fast. It's like practicing for years to figure skate in the Olympics and forgetting to wear your costume at showtime. There's just too much invested to leave your too-too in the locker.

Of course there are things like M1 compatability lurking, but that's whole new architecture so that can be left alone.

New song "Our Time"

Latest albums on iTunes

by MisterE on Wed Feb 16, 2022 9:09 pm
Lokeyfly wroteHey, someone cuts me off on the Brooklyn Queens Expressway, and I have driver problems. :D

I was looking at a lot of interfaces two months ago, and the only interface I was hesitant on due to drivers was the Apogee Duet 3, on PC only..

RME BF Pro FS, no way not recently as in years. RME make a number of drivers for different products of theirs. Their Audio interfaces have no driver issues.

As for Presonus, I don't know because I wasn't shopping for one.

I just saw JBranam's comments and I echo his thoughts. Let's see. The AFX2DAW did have some issues not that long ago. It's largely in these companies best interest to iron out driver compatability fast. It's like practicing for years to figure skate in the Olympics and forgetting to wear your costume at showtime. There's just too much invested to leave your too-too in the locker.

Of course there are things like M1 compatability lurking, but that's whole new architecture so that can be left alone.

Let's see that in black and white, courtesy of Google:

Antelope driver issues = 5,000,000 hits
Presonus driver issues = 406,000 hits
RME driver issues = 537,000 hits

Hey, you've been there for me over the years, all I can do is try and save you from yourself. If ten times the issues doesn't give you the heebie-jeebies, well ...

AMD Ryzen 5600X CPU | Gigabyte B550 Vision D-P mobo | WD Black 2TB PCIe 4.0 NVME SSD | Crucial Ballistix 32GB 3600 mhz RAM | MSI Geforce 3060 Ti Gaming X | Win10 64-bit | S1 v6.0.2 | Mackie Onyx Blackbird interface | Korg M3 | Arturia Keylab 49 mkII
by Lokeyfly on Thu Feb 17, 2022 9:35 am
@MisterE
To be fair my friend, performing a Google search with company name +driver issues, tells nothing. Do you care about hits from many years on products that include leading edge but small specialized builds? Antelope furnashes high end audio interfaces, and A/D, D/A converters for many world class recording and broadcast studios.

We all have different needs. I probably should have clarified that I'm no longer shopping for an audio interface (sorry for that), but I appreciate the lookout. :thumbup:

I'm genuinely excited for dgkenney getting a fantastic audio interface. The on board effects are going to be pretty genuine is my guess. Antelope is simply deciding to capture a broader market that includes home recording musicians. Smart. They're rather over qualified on the technical side to do that. So was Focusrite, so was UAD, Apogee, etc. So hearing about driver issues, let alone a broad stroked search with hits of 10X shouldn't ruffle anyone's feathers. I'd buy a Zen Go Synergy tomorrow if it met my needs.
With the Edge Solo modeling mic and 18 of their emulations? That's hot stuff.
Safe,
Lokey

New song "Our Time"

Latest albums on iTunes

by jBranam on Thu Feb 17, 2022 10:22 am
yeah i am hoping to hear dg gushing so i can be envious :) after all he got the "Q" model which allows for 8 inserts per track as opposed to 4 inserts per track by the "Go" model within the afx2daw software. from the descriptions (articles/videos) the "Q" has a bit more DSP power than the "Go" model. fingers crossed and wishing him luck

cheers

p.s. @dgkenny did you get the Thunderbolt version of the "Q" or the new USB version?

“Life is so constructed, that the event does not, cannot, will not, match the expectation.”

Knot Hardly Productions
¯\_ { ͡• ͜ʖ ͡•} _/¯
by Lokeyfly on Thu Feb 17, 2022 11:35 am
jBranam wroteyeah i am hoping to hear dg gushing so i can be envious :) after all he got the "Q" model which allows for 8 inserts per track as opposed to 4 inserts per track by the "Go" model within the afx2daw software. from the descriptions (articles/videos) the "Q" has a bit more DSP power than the "Go" model. fingers crossed and wishing him luck

cheers

p.s. @dgkenny did you get the Thunderbolt version of the "Q" or the new USB version?

When JBranam mentioned last year Antelope had a 2 discrete channel audio interface at $500 (Zen Go Synergy Core with USB-C), my ears went up like a tufted titmouse in a fish bait factory.

New song "Our Time"

Latest albums on iTunes

by dgkenney on Thu Feb 17, 2022 11:44 am
[quote="j

p.s. @dgkenny did you get the Thunderbolt version of the "Q" or the new USB version?[/quote]

I am getting the USB version. I assume the return latency will not match the Thunderbolt, but for my need should not be a problem with the style of music and workflow I do. I don't see me upgrading my overall rig anytime soon so it's USB C for me.

Another thing worth noting is that Studio One's Pipeline works with the unit so there is always that avenue for processing existing tracks.

On paper, it is everything I have wanted - awaiting the FedX man to deliver - will see if reality matches expectations :)

Studio One 6.5x Pro
by jBranam on Thu Feb 17, 2022 11:48 am
yeah i have been keepin' tabs on them. i still want a decent device with good convertors/clock and onboard DSP (other than UAD) sadly i am having to wait lol... paying off my new Les Paul first

cheers

Knot Hardly Productions
¯\_ { ͡• ͜ʖ ͡•} _/¯
by Lokeyfly on Fri Feb 18, 2022 12:18 pm
@dgkenny Hey D,. I know you can't wait!
When you get settled in with it, maybe you can clarify a few of what I believe are false claims towards many of the Synergy ecosystem. As you can imagine, the web is filled with some shoot from the hip, insight.

I suspect it's due to YouTube wannabe reviewers who spend 3 days with a trial product, and end up with claims like "Why I got rid of mine...." poor observations. Such experts we can all do without.

For instance. There's a claim that every time you start using the device, you have to sign on to use the Synergy products. Obviously at first setting up, one would have to, and likely during some updates. That's only natural (these days). My guess is that these are loaners to reviewers who in such cases, have to log, or sign on to use and review the product. Not customers who paid for the product. It wouldn't make sense to be doing a field recording, you've got a perfect system for such an occasion and you're having to log on to get Synergy FX up and running. I think we already obviously know the answer, but it would obviously dispel a lot of mis information. Some of those other false claims were plugins are difficult to access. Again, my guess is reviewers can't save fx group or rack settings. FX would have to be easy to access. I did hear you can't re scale FX and that might be true. : (

Anyway, I'm thrilled for you (and a bit jealous). Keep us posted on the development. It's not my ecosystem Im looking for, but who knows, if it provides quick workflow, non convoluted mixing over an already in place DAW mixer, and sounds truly analog, you might have Jay and I knocking on their door.
Enjoy!

New song "Our Time"

Latest albums on iTunes

by dgkenney on Sun Feb 20, 2022 10:40 am
OK....finally ready to share the little I know after 2-3 days. It's like drinking from a fire hose because there is so many plugs and configs to try out. For context, I purchase the Zen Q Synergy Core USB because I wanted a high-quality interface for on-the-go recording opportunities. Essentially something that would fit with a laptop give me the ability to record collaborations with others. In short it can do this in spades.

Before I continue, let me address the elephant in the room. At this time, the afk2daw plugin does NOT work with the Zen Core USB. I have spoken to Antelope Audio's customer service (amazingly easy to get on the phone) and they assure me they are working on making this work for the Zen Core. While I believe them, I only buy things for what they can do today not what is promised. Therefore my decision to keep the Zen core is based upon its current performance - if the afx2daw plug shows up, all the better. As I said earlier my purpose for this unit was for a portable recording interface, not to replace my desktop for mixing and mastering. If I really need a track to be processed by the Zen Fxs, I can use Pipeline within Studio One.

Back to my experience. The setup, while not difficult is certainly not plug & play. There are step by step instruction in the user guide as well as the application to guide you through it. This initial process installs the current firmware, current drivers (Mac or PC) and the Zen Control Panel as well as the current bundle of plugs you have from your level of purchase (My promo purchases included ~93 plugs in total.)

To use the Zen Core you launch the "Zen Launcher" which does a quick check on your level of updates and instantiates the Zen Control Panel. When you then launch Studio One it binds this Control Panel to the Studio One Console so you have a sync'd relationship. Obviously within Studio One you have to choose Zen Core as your audio drivers and within i/o assign the inputs and outputs you wish to have (including the possible ADAt and S/pdif.

The drivers have been rock solid. Not one crash, blip, slip or dip. The pres are extremely detailed and the plugins are above average.

I cannot comment on the Modeling Microphone or its 18 emulations as will take 4-6 weeks to receive as part of the current promotions. I not sure it will replace my favorite mics in my little studio, but again, on the road this will be great. Will comment after I receive and test it.

The beauty of this is in the tracking mode. A made-up scenario could be something like this: Two guitars running through two different amp sims and two different cabinets each with a different compressor (e.g. 1176 on one Fairchild the other) with Eq and mod fx's to taste. (The guitar sims are very nice) In addition 2 microphone channels using different vintage pres running through different eqs and compressors (and autotune if you so desire) being captured by Studio One including "clean: tracks" of each input without yet touching your computers resources for processing.

If there are any specific questions I can answer, let me know.

If it were not for promo I might not have ventured into buying this but with the 93 plug-ins,(at $10 a piece they cover the price :) ) the Modeling Microphone and its emulations, the price tag, didn't seem too steep - and I had some extra cash form selling some stuff. The promo also includes a hard shell carrying case as well as a full copy of Bitwig studio (Which I will never use but don't think I can sell due to the promo activation.)

Anyway, I am very pleased with the sound quality and stability of the unit. Will report more when I learn more.
Last edited by dgkenney on Sun Feb 20, 2022 12:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Studio One 6.5x Pro
by dgkenney on Sun Feb 20, 2022 10:52 am
@Lokeyfly

You had a couple of questions I didn't address directly. You do need to use the Antelope Launcher to instantiate the Antelope Control Panel. IF you are connected to the internet it checks your firmware, drivers and software to see if there have been updates since your last use. If so it gives you the option to update any or all of the above. It then launches the control panel. If you are not connected to the internet is skips past this and launches the Control Panel. You have to have the control panel to use the DSP and FPGA processing (not unlike many of the intermediate "mixer" applicaiton form MOTU, UAD, etc.) but you don't have to be logged in through the internet to ANtelope unless you want to.

The instantiation of the plugins is as easy as - and approx the same as - inserting an FX into Studio One. They are organized by type (e.g. GTR Amps, GT Cabinets, Vintage Pres) and you simply clik on the one you want.

Let me know if there's anything else.

Studio One 6.5x Pro
by Lokeyfly on Sun Feb 20, 2022 2:06 pm
Oh great dgk.Thanks loads for clarifying. Yes, not unlike a number of brands these days with installation software. No biggie. :)
Enjoy!

New song "Our Time"

Latest albums on iTunes

by dgkenney on Tue Mar 22, 2022 11:19 am
Today, Antelope launched the afx2daw software drivers for the Zen Q Synergy Core so now the effects can be used inside the DAW as well as for tracking. Still awaiting the microphone package and will report on it when ai get it. So far I am very pleased especially with the latest news.

Studio One 6.5x Pro
by dgkenney on Sat Jul 02, 2022 6:22 pm
Long retired conversation but thought I'd mini update.

Antelope Zen Q working great with Studio One. Afx2daw works as insert without problems. ADDA conversion excellent. Mic (Edge Solo) arrived and emulations available natively with Antelope as well as with other mics through VST emulations (iLok necessary for non-Antelope mics) Mic good enough to be in the selection/rotation with my ADK and Lauten mics.

Still pleased. Any questions, please ask.

Studio One 6.5x Pro

24 postsPage 1 of 2
1, 2