10 posts
Page 1 of 1
I tried to move my sound sets off of my main drive on my laptop and it appears that something got corrupted. Studio one just keeps trying to scan for sound sets and never stops. I uninstalled all sound sets and deleted new folders and went back to the default settings. Problem is same behavior is happening. I installed just one sound set to test and Studio One just keeps scanning for Sound Sets.

I assume some type of setting is corrupt but cant seem to find what it could be.

Windows 10 machine.

Any ideas?
by rickpilger on Sun Jan 30, 2022 6:09 pm
As stated by others in some other forums this appears to be a known bug in 5.5 and I was able to work around. opened a support case with presonus just in case
by Tacman7 on Sun Jan 30, 2022 6:18 pm
In preferences/location/sound sets

You tell S1 where you moved things and delete old paths.

I turn off scanning for VST plugins there so S1 boots quicker, just have to turn it on when you install something.

Good to put your specs in your signature, click below in my signature.

Forum Moderator.
Please add your specs to your SIGNATURE.
Search the STUDIO ONE 6 ONLINE MANUAL. Access your MY.PRESONUS account.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) One Sentence Description 2) Expected Results 3) Actual Results 4) Steps to Reproduce.

Studio OnePro6 Melodyne Studio
Win10 Ryzen 5 3600 - Motu M2
Ventura Mac Mini M2 - Zen Go TB
by Sidkn33 on Sat Feb 19, 2022 5:22 am
S1 5.5 lost all of my config settings from previous version.
Then on starting, it started scanning soundsets and took so long (over an hour) I had to force quit S1 - because the "cancel" button was not functioning on the scanning window.
Since then, S1 stopped seeing ANY soundsets in the configured location - presumably, because the scanning did not complete, or indeed, hung.

I moved the soundsets to a different drive, changed the location in S1 options, restarted S1 and it scanned again, and hung again.

I've opened a ticket with S1 support.

In the meantime, what was the work-around?

Thanks
by Tacman7 on Sat Feb 19, 2022 7:18 am
Welcome to the Forum!

I would look closely at your paths in locations.

https://s1manual.presonus.com/#Setup_To ... 257C_____2

Then go there with a windows explorer and make sure there's no problem with the drive, you can see the sound sets. Uncheck the scan on startup and it will stop scanning. Rebooting computer helps with some problems so power cycle is a troubleshooting tool.

Are there a lot of paths?

Good to put your specs in your signature, click below in my signature.

Forum Moderator.
Please add your specs to your SIGNATURE.
Search the STUDIO ONE 6 ONLINE MANUAL. Access your MY.PRESONUS account.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) One Sentence Description 2) Expected Results 3) Actual Results 4) Steps to Reproduce.

Studio OnePro6 Melodyne Studio
Win10 Ryzen 5 3600 - Motu M2
Ventura Mac Mini M2 - Zen Go TB
by Sidkn33 on Sun Feb 20, 2022 4:18 am
Update: I left S1 scanning soundsets overnight, it is still scanning after 16 hours.
by Sidkn33 on Sun Feb 20, 2022 4:57 am
Further update: I removed all existing soundsets, re-downloaded 2x soundsets "Studio One Instruments Vol 1" and "Studio One Music loops".
StudioOne starting scanning and is still scanning 5 minutes later.
by bandybum on Thu Mar 17, 2022 10:23 am
What was the outcome of this, please? Did support resolve it for you?

Cheers!
by tpittman on Sat Mar 19, 2022 10:32 am
Sidkn33 wroteFurther update: I removed all existing soundsets, re-downloaded 2x soundsets "Studio One Instruments Vol 1" and "Studio One Music loops".
StudioOne starting scanning and is still scanning 5 minutes later.

-Issue Solved-

I am having the same issue with the Sound Sets. This started about a week ago and as got worst and worst. I started a Ticket with support, here is reply from support.

MY ISSUE AS BEEN RESOLVED - Here is the fix for sound sets being stuck on scanning upon startup

"Are you sure that you're using 5.5.1? If so, please try a settting refresh as outlined below. If not, please update to 5.5.1.

Quit Studio One

From the Finder toolbar, click Go, hold Option, and click Library

Open Application Support/PreSonus Software/Studio One 3 (this should have said studio 5)

Copy the contents of the folder to a folder on your desktop for use as a backup.

Delete all files and folders except for the user.license file

Launch Studio One 3 (launch studio 5 not 3) and test for this issue again. If the problem still exists, please feel free to copy your settings files back over from the backup you created in step 4"

This solved my issue on Studio One 5.5.1 sticking on startup at sound sets. Thank you Presonus

Studio One Pro 6.5.2 Mac mini Monterey OS Midas 32 Board / Interface
by rudygarceau on Fri May 20, 2022 7:24 am
I also have clicked the cancel and it hangs. I briefly read the issue solved listed here, but if I have to start moving things around, deleting, and reinstalling, I normally take the stance of understanding where things are first. I would like to know if S1 saves pointers to songs on my removable drive, and if that matters. I also would like to know where all my new songs that I have created on the local drive are. Then I need to know what all is considered backup on S1? I know there are efx chains, I have heard the term presets in other videos, but have no idea what the definitions of various types of backup material are nor where to go to start making a list of all the locations and settings I should be knowing about before I hammer the entire thing. It's a whole lot of confusion, right out of the very beginning of activating sphere after using S1 artist a couple of years ago for a few projects and now trying to get back into the swing. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

10 posts
Page 1 of 1