3 posts
Page 1 of 1
Hi folks,

Complete Studio One noob here. After roughly 6 hours of trying to figure this out, I need help!

Windows 10 Pro 64 bit
Studio One 5 Artist
Audiobox 96
M7 PreSonus Mic

So I just purchased EZdrummer 2 to use in also recently installed Studio One 5. I am using an Audiobox96 interface w/mic to record my guitar through. I have already messed around a little w/ recording my mic'd guitar. Running EZdrummer2 as the standalone program seems to work just fine. However, utilizing EZdrummer2 within Studio One hasn't seemed to work. The .dll plug-in file went to the correct folder, as EZdrummer shows up in the "instruments" tab under the Toontrack folder. Clicking and dragging "EZdrummer" into open space within a new song space does nothing. Choosing it as the instrument within a track doesn't open up the plug-in. I tried loading a random beat within the standalone (which works fine) and dragged it over to Studio One. The beat's notation appears in the track, but trying to apply EZdrummer2 as the "instrument" does nothing...no audio, no interface pops up. Also tried to "add track", select EZdrummer as the instrument, and that did nothing. Updated Windows, updated Studio One, authorized/activated EZdrummer 2.

Is this a vst2/vst3 compatibility issue? Is there possibly some buried option that is checked/unchecked that shouldn't be? I thought you could use 3rd party plug-ins in Studio One 5 without having to buy that re-wire plugin. What am I missing? Why does Studio One recognize the plug-in but doesn't want to "enable" it? This is beyond frustrating, so any help is greatly appreciated! Thanks!!

Windows 10 Pro 64-bit, AMD Ryzen 5, ASUS TUF Gaming X570-PLUS, 16 GB RAM, Studio One 5 Artist, Audiobox USB96, M7 PreSonus mic
by Bbd on Tue Jan 25, 2022 5:37 am

Bbd

OS: Win 10 x64 Home, Studio One Pro 6.x, Notion 6, Series III 24, Studio 192, Haswell CPU: i7 4790k @ 4.4GHz, RAM: 32GB, Faderport 8/16, Central Station +, PreSonus Sceptre S6, Eris 3.5, Temblor 10, ATOM, ATOM SQ
by evandarrah on Tue Jan 25, 2022 5:40 pm
Uninstalled, ran CCleaner, re-installed. Now it works. No idea why, but the pain is now over lol

Windows 10 Pro 64-bit, AMD Ryzen 5, ASUS TUF Gaming X570-PLUS, 16 GB RAM, Studio One 5 Artist, Audiobox USB96, M7 PreSonus mic

3 posts
Page 1 of 1