2 posts
Page 1 of 1
I have a USB microphone and a USB keyboard controller connected directly to my computer. I have been using ASIO4ALL drivers to run my Windows audio, but I am getting a lot of crackling and distortion no matter what the Process Block buffer size is set to on my Processing Tab. Therefore, I have decided to invest in a PreSonus Audio Interface. My question is, will the controller and mic still work with the interface even though I cannot connect them to the interface?
by PreAl on Sat Jan 22, 2022 3:06 pm
You can't connect USB mic to the interface. It will still work connected to the computer, but you are better off getting a mic that plugs directly into the interface.

Your midi keyboard (I assume) can stay plugged into your computer via USB, this is fine and the best way to do things anyway (don't plug it into the audio interface).

Make sure you completely uninstall ASIO4ALL from windows and reboot when/if you've finished with it, it can conflict with real ASIO drivers.

Intel i9 9900K (Gigabyte Z390 DESIGNARE motherboard), 32GB RAM, EVGA Geforce 1070 (Nvidia drivers).
Dell Inspiron 7591 (2 in 1) 16Gb.
Studio One Pro 6.x, Windows 11 Pro 64 bit, also running it on Mac OS Catalina via dual boot (experimental).
Presonus Quantum 2626, Presonus Studio 26c, Focusrite Saffire Pro 40, Faderport Classic (1.45), Atom SQ, Atom Pad, Maschine Studio, Octapad SPD-30, Roland A300, a number of hardware synths.

2 posts
Page 1 of 1