6 posts
Page 1 of 1
Hello guys, how are you?

I have a setup of a few synths connected to my new U-PHORIA UMC1820 and I'm having trouble with my output volume levels, they are very low compared with my inside monitoring in the soundcard and I don't know what to do.

Yes, I'm not proficient in music but I have my instrument and audio channels mixed as best as I can with EQ, compression with side chains and limiters and honestly to hear the music I need to stomp on the volume level while in the inside monitoring would wreck my speakers.

Before trying out with studio one I tried with an analog mixer the sound would be louder and cleaner.

I honestly believe it's just ignorance on my part as I learn as I go.

Thanks for reading :D
by Tacman7 on Fri Jan 21, 2022 10:21 am
Welcome to the Forum!

How do you monitor? Headphones or monitors? Where do you plug them in?

How are you using the built in sound card?

We can tell more if you have some pics of how you have your interface setup in S1 and the routing to get sound to your sound card.

Do you mainly have recorded audio tracks? or you have a lot of virtual instruments you can't hear?

Good to put your specs in your signature, click below in my signature.

Forum Moderator.
Please add your specs to your SIGNATURE.
Search the STUDIO ONE 6 ONLINE MANUAL. Access your MY.PRESONUS account.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) One Sentence Description 2) Expected Results 3) Actual Results 4) Steps to Reproduce.

Studio OnePro6 Melodyne Studio
Win10 Ryzen 5 3600 - Motu M2
Ventura Mac Mini M2 - Zen Go TB
by manoelandreisfernandes on Fri Jan 21, 2022 10:55 am
Tacman7 wroteWelcome to the Forum!

How do you monitor? Headphones or monitors? Where do you plug them in?

How are you using the built in sound card?

We can tell more if you have some pics of how you have your interface setup in S1 and the routing to get sound to your sound card.

Do you mainly have recorded audio tracks? or you have a lot of virtual instruments you can't hear?

Good to put your specs in your signature, click below in my signature.

Sorry man, I'm not used to visit forums...

My soundcard is a Behringer UMC1820 and I use both my AIAIAI TMA-2 and Presonus Eris-E5.
I'm mostly doing my drums on Impact and recording/jamming with my Mocel:Cycles using low end on the left channel and mid to high in the right channel + Behringer TD-303, Crave and Volcas (not right now), so not much on VSTs.

Thanks for you reply :D

Attachments
Screenshot 2022-01-21 at 16.49.21.png
Screenshot 2022-01-21 at 16.48.00.png
Screenshot 2022-01-21 at 16.45.32.png
I tried again with my AudioBox iTwo and works fine like before, could it be a power thing?
by Tacman7 on Sat Jan 22, 2022 7:43 am
So you got everything working except the low volume?

Is there a +4 -10 setting in your interface setup somewhere? That's the difference between consumer and pro equipment. I would open a ticket with them also.

How does your DAW sound get to your soundcard? you put a signal on the line in? sure you didn't use mic? Mic lot louder.

I don't monitor the DAW through a sound card, work only in the interface.

Monitors and headphones plugged into the uphoria?

I can't just throw some tracks into S1, I put a good compressor on the mains and and boost up the overall gain. You can add more makeup to get it so you can hear it.
I have compressors on lot of tracks also, I use normalize if the track is low. Most tracks have places to adjust gain in several places. Raising them all without artifacts is gain staging.

All that to get everything Kranken Maan! (German accent)

Forum Moderator.
Please add your specs to your SIGNATURE.
Search the STUDIO ONE 6 ONLINE MANUAL. Access your MY.PRESONUS account.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) One Sentence Description 2) Expected Results 3) Actual Results 4) Steps to Reproduce.

Studio OnePro6 Melodyne Studio
Win10 Ryzen 5 3600 - Motu M2
Ventura Mac Mini M2 - Zen Go TB
Tacman7 wroteSo you got everything working except the low volume?

Is there a +4 -10 setting in your interface setup somewhere? That's the difference between consumer and pro equipment. I would open a ticket with them also.

How does your DAW sound get to your soundcard? you put a signal on the line in? sure you didn't use mic? Mic lot louder.

I don't monitor the DAW through a sound card, work only in the interface.

Monitors and headphones plugged into the uphoria?

I can't just throw some tracks into S1, I put a good compressor on the mains and and boost up the overall gain. You can add more makeup to get it so you can hear it.
I have compressors on lot of tracks also, I use normalize if the track is low. Most tracks have places to adjust gain in several places. Raising them all without artifacts is gain staging.

All that to get everything Kranken Maan! (German accent)

Thanks again for replying,..

No theres not such a button and I already opened a ticket :(

No im not using the mic and the cables are good quality everything in the correct input/output, the audio signal goes to S1 perfectly same as Audiobox.

One soundcard is low and the other is ok, with same cables, same synths (tried separately because I only have two inputs in Audiobox) and a dedicated power outlet to Uphoria and both USB.

6 posts
Page 1 of 1