7 posts
Page 1 of 1
Ok, let's say I am recording a guitar track and it's all good except a piece in the bridge. What is the best way to fix without recording the whole track again.? Thank you
by SwitchBack on Thu Jan 20, 2022 1:49 pm
Layers and comping.

With layers you can select or loop the section you want to have another go at without having to create extra tracks. Comping is the process of selecting the bits of the layers you want to use for the final track. Here's a video to show the process.
by Jemusic on Thu Jan 20, 2022 2:17 pm
For a quick easy fix create a second track under the existing track. Remove the unwanted section in the original track. (cut/delete) Record the new section in the new track. Good thing about this is you will hear the material leading up to the new section and away from it too.

Once happy the material on the second track can be moved up into the first track.

Specs i5-2500K 3.5 Ghz-8 Gb RAM-Win 7 64 bit - ATI Radeon HD6900 Series - RME HDSP9632 - Midex 8 Midi interface - Faderport 2/8 - Atom Pad/Atom SQ - HP Laptop Win 10 - Studio 24c interface -iMac 2.5Ghz Core i5 - High Sierra 10.13.6 - Focusrite Clarett 2 Pre & Scarlett 18i20. Studio One V5.5 (Mac and V6.5 Win 10 laptop), Notion 6.8, Ableton Live 11 Suite, LaunchPad Pro
by Tacman7 on Thu Jan 20, 2022 2:22 pm
Same thing would happen with punch in except you only need 1 track?

Guess I prefer doing 20 takes in layers.

I have punch in on all the time, I always define the area where I want to record.

Forum Moderator.
Please add your specs to your SIGNATURE.
Search the STUDIO ONE 6 ONLINE MANUAL. Access your MY.PRESONUS account.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) One Sentence Description 2) Expected Results 3) Actual Results 4) Steps to Reproduce.

Studio OnePro6 Melodyne Studio
Win10 Ryzen 5 3600 - Motu M2
Ventura Mac Mini M2 - Zen Go TB
by SwitchBack on Thu Jan 20, 2022 3:56 pm
And a video to punch in as well
by dannymurdach on Fri Jan 21, 2022 6:11 am
Thank you all. I'll binge watch some vids
by roland1 on Mon Jan 24, 2022 4:04 pm
Like recording vocals, guitar tracks sometimes also capture some minute detail that really makes a particular passage come alive. It doesn't work for everything, but it's always good to record a few passes, just so you can choose a "best of" track or some part of it.

Set loop, turn on the click, and record until the neighbors complain. :)

Studio One Pro (v5) on i7 7700 win10 PC w16GB RAM and a Mac Pro Tower (w/RME & Focusrite interfaces.)

I use S1 as an author/musician/multi-media artist.
My work includes the newly released: Clearing a Path to Joy (And finding contentment along the way) [AuroraSkyPublishing.com]
and my upcoming music video, Too Big To Fail, which introduces Citizen Based Social Planning — "the next step in the evolution of democracy." You know...typical everyday stuff. :)

7 posts
Page 1 of 1