5 posts
Page 1 of 1
Hello-

If I am using Pipeline to host an external FX processor in an FX return channel, what is the best way to print the signal from this FX channel to an audio track? Thank you-
by Trucky on Thu Jan 20, 2022 7:45 am
Here's a tutorial that may help with that:

phpBB [video]

PLEASE ADD YOUR SYSTEM SPECS TO YOUR SIGNATURE.
Download the SO 6 PDF MANUAL. Access your MY.PRESONUS account.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) Subject 2) Description 3) Country 4) Product 5) OS 6) Audio Software

Windows 11 Pro 64-bit (23H2), Studio One 6.5.2 Professional | Notion 6.8.2 | Universal Control v4.2.0.96206
Intel NUC 13 (Intel i5-1340P, Intel Iris Xe Graphics, 32GB RAM, 2TB SSD, Revelator, SIII 32
by studioj on Thu Jan 20, 2022 9:31 pm
Thank you! It didn't quite answer my question as he doesn't address FX returns but it got me on a path. It seems that audio tracks can't have an input from an FX return, so perhaps one needs to add a bus to the FX return first and then a new audio track can have that bus as an input for printing external hardware. FX returns don't seem to be the most flexible tracks and have a few too many limitations IMO. Would love to see a workflow similar to Pro Tools here where a range can be selected on the FX return track and simply "committed" to audio. PT for the win here. Maybe one could export the FX return as a stem, and then reimport this file as a workaround? haven't tried that yet.

Studio One v5.5
Pro Tools Ultimate, HDX1
Logic 10.6.2

Mac OS 10.15.7
128 GB RAM
Focusrite Red 8 Pre (thunderbolt mode for Studio One)
by Tacman7 on Thu Jan 20, 2022 9:43 pm
Not a pipeline user myself. I just setup an output pair and have that for the destination of a track (send), going out to your FX unit.
Then an input pair coming from your fx to another track in S1.
To hear the return hit the monitor button on the return track. Hit record on that track when you want to record it.

I could track guitar like normal with that setup and a digital loop to the eclipse.

Good to put your specs in your signature, click below in my signature.

Forum Moderator.
Please add your specs to your SIGNATURE.
Search the STUDIO ONE 6 ONLINE MANUAL. Access your MY.PRESONUS account.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) One Sentence Description 2) Expected Results 3) Actual Results 4) Steps to Reproduce.

Studio OnePro6 Melodyne Studio
Win10 Ryzen 5 3600 - Motu M2
Ventura Mac Mini M2 - Zen Go TB
by studioj on Thu Jan 20, 2022 9:53 pm
will do, thank you! That sounds like a good workflow too, just don't bother with pipeline. The extra features within it are kind of cool though... space for photos, text, mix knob, etc etc... I will experiment.
Thanks much-

Studio One v5.5
Pro Tools Ultimate, HDX1
Logic 10.6.2

Mac OS 10.15.7
128 GB RAM
Focusrite Red 8 Pre (thunderbolt mode for Studio One)

5 posts
Page 1 of 1