12 posts
Page 1 of 1
Track transforming parts on a song with each part having just one midi file on that track. However, studio one will sometimes make 4,5,or 6 copies of the same thing. What is causing it, and how can i stop it. Thanks.
by Tacman7 on Sat Jan 15, 2022 7:26 am
Welcome to the Forum!

Not a fan of track transform myself, a track can cover a lot of real estate. Include some pics if you want to try and figure out what's going wrong with track transform.

I prefer transforming events. Bouncing an event turns midi into audio and prints fx on the track.

Good to put your specs in your signature, click below in my signature.

Forum Moderator.
Please add your specs to your SIGNATURE.
Search the STUDIO ONE 6 ONLINE MANUAL. Access your MY.PRESONUS account.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) One Sentence Description 2) Expected Results 3) Actual Results 4) Steps to Reproduce.

Studio OnePro6 Melodyne Studio
Win10 Ryzen 5 3600 - Motu M2
Ventura Mac Mini M2 - Zen Go TB
by rainman tile on Sat Jan 15, 2022 10:55 am
Its software not hardware related. Why it sometimes bounces 4,5,6, copies of the same thing, is a real pain, as you have to go into bounces a delete them all. It could be something to do with" copy track complete " connecting all those previously together from the original, and bouncing them all. If it is, its a bug.
by graytermedia on Sat Jan 15, 2022 10:55 am
Agreed Track Transform isn't as elegant as it could be (not to mention that I'd like a pre-fade option for transforming like Pro Tools, Reaper and Nuendo have).

What I do if I have, say an 8 bar midi part that is copied at different parts of the project (Intro, 1st Chorus and Bridge for example), is to Merge it to one big midi clip. Then transform from there. It keeps S1 from making multiple audio copies throughout the song.

tg

Mac Studio (2022) M1 MAX / 64GB / 2TB HD / macOS Ventura 13.5.1 / RME BabyFace Pro FS / SSL UF8 + UF1 + UC1 / Roland SYSTEM 8 / Komplete S61 / Keylab 61 mkII / Studio One 6.2 / Pro Tools Studio 2023.9 / Nuendo 13 / Reaper 6 / UVI Falcon / Komplete 14 / Omnisphere / Keyscape / Trilian / V Collection 9
by Lokeyfly on Sun Jan 16, 2022 8:25 pm
rainman tile wroteTrack transforming parts on a song with each part having just one midi file on that track. However, studio one will sometimes make 4,5,or 6 copies of the same thing. What is causing it, and how can i stop it. Thanks.

The question is pretty vague in that we just don't know what it is you're trying to capture on the track.

Do you mean, one MIDI event on the track?
Track transform works flawlessly, so let's break it down to simple usage for clarity.

If on a track, you have one event, and only one event. The instrument (which instrument? Because it could matter) is using one MIDI channel.

You select Track Transorm. Are you still getting three times that, meaning 3 events on the dame track?

If you're tranforming MIDI to audio and getting three separate tracks (each with one event), it's then likely you set up a multi instrument using three different instruments. Transforming that one event would then create three.

Also from your other response to Tacman, you're deleting the events? You should be transforming them back to MIDI, not deleting, because your audio clips will just keep building up in the audio pool.

Can you provide a Screenshot. Thx.
Also add your system info in your signature so we know how to react with the best suggestion.

S1-6.2.1, HP Omen 17" i7 10th Gen, 32 GB,512 GB TLC M.2 (SSD),1 TB SSD. Win10 Pro, Audient iD14 MkII, Roland JV90, NI S49 MkII, Atom SQ, FP 8, Roland GR-50 & Octapad. MOTU MIDI Express XT. HR824, Yamaha HS-7, NS-1000M, Yamaha Promix 01, Rane HC-6, etc.

New song "Our Time"
https://youtu.be/BqOZ4-0iY1w?si=_uwmgRBv3N4VwJlq

Visit my You Tube Channel
https://youtube.com/@jamesconraadtucker ... PA5dM01GF7

Latest song releases on Bandcamp -

Latest albums on iTunes

All works registered copyright ©️
by rainman tile on Mon Jan 17, 2022 2:36 am
I transform a single midi part on one track and it bounces that one same file multiple times. With the screen saying "1 of 7" as it renders them out. All with the same file name but adding at the end (2) (3) etc in the bounces song folder. So when you go into bounce's in the songs folder, you have to delete all the copies of the same thing.

Windows 10, AMD 3750X, 64GD of RAM, ASUS prime pro X570, Built myself. It also does not matter what VST I am using. same problem. Studio One 5.4.2.

I think it could possibly be the cache file in Studio One looking at previous song versions, and bouncing those out as well. Its a pain in the bum and wastes a lost of time to sort out. With studio one telling me I have lots of missing files that I have to keep removing after bouncing out, when reopening the song.
by stefanrauch1 on Mon Jan 17, 2022 5:39 am
I'd suggest to check your Scratchpads. There might be events parked there and Track Transform affects the whole track, so any Events (including Scratchpads) will be rendered.

OS: Win10 x64 || Software: Studio One Pro [latest version]
Hardware: AMD Ryzen 9 3950X || Asus Prime X570-PRO || 64GB DDR4 RAM || Asus Dual-RTX2070S-A8G-EVO || UAD2 Octo & Duo PCIe
Peripherals: RME Fireface UFX II (+2x ADA8200) || Faderport Legacy || Atom || NI Komplete Kontrol A25
Audio Settings: 44,1/48kHz, 256 Samples, DP Off, 64 Bit
by Lokeyfly on Mon Jan 17, 2022 8:06 am
rainman tile wroteI transform a single midi part on one track and it bounces that one same file multiple times. With the screen saying "1 of 7" as it renders them out. All with the same file name but adding at the end (2) (3) etc in the bounces song folder. So when you go into bounce's in the songs folder, you have to delete all the copies of the same thing.

Windows 10, AMD 3750X, 64GD of RAM, ASUS prime pro X570, Built myself. It also does not matter what VST I am using. same problem. Studio One 5.4.2.

I think it could possibly be the cache file in Studio One looking at previous song versions, and bouncing those out as well. Its a pain in the bum and wastes a lost of time to sort out. With studio one telling me I have lots of missing files that I have to keep removing after bouncing out, when reopening the song.

Ok, thanks for that.
The fact that you're getting 1 of 7 (counting segments) tells .me it's somehow seeing 7.
So like stefanrauch1 suggested, check your scratchcard for more hidden events.

Also, that you said Studio One notifies you of missing audio files is somewhat telling.

Are you in some un-named default song? Try this. Create an entirely new song from scratch. Everything is then clean. Create a MIDI track, and then transform to audio.

Remember by creating a new song you need to go to the start page and create by typing in a new song name in the New Songn ame field.

Did that help. It sounds like you're working from some corrupt or huge borrowed song.

DO NOT do a Save As, and create a new song that way. Just saying. :)

S1-6.2.1, HP Omen 17" i7 10th Gen, 32 GB,512 GB TLC M.2 (SSD),1 TB SSD. Win10 Pro, Audient iD14 MkII, Roland JV90, NI S49 MkII, Atom SQ, FP 8, Roland GR-50 & Octapad. MOTU MIDI Express XT. HR824, Yamaha HS-7, NS-1000M, Yamaha Promix 01, Rane HC-6, etc.

New song "Our Time"

Latest albums on iTunes

by Tacman7 on Mon Jan 17, 2022 10:38 am
This discussion would not be complete without first consulting the holy grail:

viewtopic.php?f=153&t=127

Forum Moderator.
Please add your specs to your SIGNATURE.
Search the STUDIO ONE 6 ONLINE MANUAL. Access your MY.PRESONUS account.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) One Sentence Description 2) Expected Results 3) Actual Results 4) Steps to Reproduce.

Studio OnePro6 Melodyne Studio
Win10 Ryzen 5 3600 - Motu M2
Ventura Mac Mini M2 - Zen Go TB
by rainman tile on Mon Jan 17, 2022 11:30 am
It can be any number between 1 or 7, or more. Its completely arbitrary.
by rainman tile on Mon Jan 17, 2022 11:42 am
" DO NOT do a Save As, and create a new song that way. Just saying." I will give that a try. Thanks.
Yes its a large orchestral piece of music. 7 mins long, and 58 tracks. And about 10 previous versions.
by Lokeyfly on Tue Jan 18, 2022 4:52 am
rainman tile wrote" DO NOT do a Save As, and create a new song that way. Just saying." I will give that a try. Thanks.
Yes its a large orchestral piece of music. 7 mins long, and 58 tracks. And about 10 previous versions.

Should transform with ease. It's those 10 sessions that have me thinking you're getting mixed results.

Absolutely. Start small, and don't do anything unless you created a new song first and working in the confines of that first. Always name your tracks as well, so they're unique. It will pay off in identifying them particularly in the audio pool.

Record a 30 second segment. Bounce it. And see how it's working out. Works good? You should be good to go.

New song "Our Time"

Latest albums on iTunes

12 posts
Page 1 of 1