6 posts
Page 1 of 1
Is there a display quantisation setting in the noteeditor? I get a lot of notes with two dots, because they are played a bit to short. It looks quite awful.

SO 1 ver. 5.5, Macbook Pro OS 10.13
by Tacman7 on Thu Jan 13, 2022 9:03 am
I think this would be where a picture would be good.

You only want to quantize the display and not the notes?

Most all the commands up top are in the editor, so you can setup quantization for the editor.

You're talking about notation then.

Maybe jump back and forth to get what you want.

You could just duplicate the track and set it to go nowhere then tweak it so you get what you want and it's just there to read while playing.

Good to put your specs in your signature, click below in my signature.

Forum Moderator.
Please add your specs to your SIGNATURE.
Search the STUDIO ONE 6 ONLINE MANUAL. Access your MY.PRESONUS account.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) One Sentence Description 2) Expected Results 3) Actual Results 4) Steps to Reproduce.

Studio OnePro6 Melodyne Studio
Win10 Ryzen 5 3600 - Motu M2
Ventura Mac Mini M2 - Zen Go TB
by davidlarson6 on Thu Jan 13, 2022 9:30 am
Switch to the midi (piano roll) editor to quantize or manually adjust note length.

DKLarson

Windows 10, i9, 64GB, 3X 1TB SSDs; Macbook Pro M1 Pro, 32GB, 1TB SSD
Audient iD14, Atom SQ, Keystep 37, Studiologic SL88, Moog Sub Phatty, Kawai MP11SE, Roli Seaboard.
by wibem on Thu Jan 13, 2022 4:34 pm
Thanks for your answers. If I got it right, there is nothing like a display quantization in SO1. You must quantize the midi notes in the piano roll, if you want the notes to be displayed properly. The display quantization is something, which I know from Cubase and Logic and it would be nice to have it in SO 1 too.

SO 1 ver. 5.5, Macbook Pro OS 10.13
by davidlarson6 on Thu Jan 13, 2022 7:14 pm
I think the best way to understand it is to visualize that the notation display is an interpretation of the midi, but not a full midi editor in itself. The midi is edited in the midi editor (the piano role), and that's where automation and keyswitches are managed, too.

DKLarson

Windows 10, i9, 64GB, 3X 1TB SSDs; Macbook Pro M1 Pro, 32GB, 1TB SSD
Audient iD14, Atom SQ, Keystep 37, Studiologic SL88, Moog Sub Phatty, Kawai MP11SE, Roli Seaboard.
by aaron79 on Sun Jan 23, 2022 6:10 am
I really wish Studio One had this. It would make the notation so much more usable. At the moment it's not very practical.

6 posts
Page 1 of 1