255 postsPage 6 of 13
1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 13
As far as I know, the developers are on it. So I'm pretty sure it will be fixed in the next update.

Presonus Featured Artist (Italy)
My Latest Feature Requests :arrow:
https://answers.presonus.com/73692/s1-essential-feature-plugin-racks
https://answers.presonus.com/72506/zoom-to-selection-improvement-vote-if-you-agree
Studio One Pro 6
Win10 - AMD Ryzen 9 5900X - 32gb ram DDR4
Gigabyte RTX 3060
Interface: Focusrite 18i20 3rd gen
Prophet XL + KeyStep Pro
Atom SQ
Revelator
by kevladd on Wed Jan 19, 2022 1:49 pm
Last edited by kevladd on Sat Jan 22, 2022 4:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
by PreAl on Wed Jan 19, 2022 2:20 pm
Time to get updating your plugins, and make sure windows update is up to date.

Intel i9 9900K (Gigabyte Z390 DESIGNARE motherboard), 32GB RAM, EVGA Geforce 1070 (Nvidia drivers).
Dell Inspiron 7591 (2 in 1) 16Gb.
Studio One Pro 6.x, Windows 11 Pro 64 bit, also running it on Mac OS Catalina via dual boot (experimental).
Presonus Quantum 2626, Presonus Studio 26c, Focusrite Saffire Pro 40, Faderport Classic (1.45), Atom SQ, Atom Pad, Maschine Studio, Octapad SPD-30, Roland A300, a number of hardware synths.
by kevladd on Wed Jan 19, 2022 3:43 pm
Last edited by kevladd on Sat Jan 22, 2022 4:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
by PreAl on Thu Jan 20, 2022 3:10 am
kevladd wrote
PreAl wroteTime to get updating your plugins, and make sure windows update is up to date.

If that's a response to my post then you should find another hobby.
If not...carry on.

Please do carry on being rude to people just because you don't like the advice being given, I'm sure you could make a hobby out of it.

Intel i9 9900K (Gigabyte Z390 DESIGNARE motherboard), 32GB RAM, EVGA Geforce 1070 (Nvidia drivers).
Studio One Pro 6.x, Windows 11 Pro 64 bit, also running it on Mac OS Catalina via dual boot (experimental).
Presonus Quantum 2626, Presonus Studio 26c, Focusrite Saffire Pro 40, Faderport Classic (1.45), Atom SQ, Atom Pad, Maschine Studio, Octapad SPD-30, Roland A300, a number of hardware synths.
by klypeman on Thu Jan 20, 2022 3:45 am
I have no issues with the plug-ins that the UAD 9.15.1 update build from UA has provided.
It is still a valid and good idea to check if any updates of plug-ins from providers are available.

Please no flaming, Thank you.

Forum Moderator.
Please add your specs to your SIGNATURE.
Search the STUDIO ONE 6 ONLINE MANUAL. Access your MY.PRESONUS account.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) One Sentence Description 2) Expected Results 3) Actual Results 4) Steps to Reproduce.

AMD Ryzen 7 3800X 8-Core 3.90 GHz Windows 10 64bit Home, MacBook Pro + Mini Big Sur, SO 5.5 Pro, SO 6.1.1 Pro, LUNA, Cubase 10.5 Pro, SLIII32, 24.4.2, 16.0.2 FW, Quantum 2626, Faderport 8, FaderPort 16, Atom, Atom SQ, Console 1+Fader 1, UA Apollo Twin TB/USB, Toontrack, NI Komplete 12, ++
by roland1 on Thu Jan 20, 2022 4:30 pm
"Selection stuck" MIDI note BUG (it would seem):

On my PC using 5.5 I've now encountered a MIDI input bug three times where I click or select a random MIDI note for editing and when I then want to click on another note, that first note does not deselect. Instead, it shows me an icon that suggests the note is locked. (Why? How?)

To unlock it, I have to open a menu or do some other unrelated activity and then it becomes unstuck. Again, it's happened three times.

This is something new that I have not seen in any previous version. However, in 5.4, I did notice that note audition was broken (giving just a broken up sound instead of the full note). That seems to have now been fixed in 5.5. However, now I'm getting these intermittent stuck notes. Anyone else?

Pls reply if YOU have encountered this same problem.

[I'm also going to try changing my mouse...just in case.]

Studio One Pro (v5) on i7 7700 win10 PC w16GB RAM and a Mac Pro Tower (w/RME & Focusrite interfaces.)

I use S1 as an author/musician/multi-media artist.
My work includes the newly released: Clearing a Path to Joy (And finding contentment along the way) [AuroraSkyPublishing.com]
and my upcoming music video, Too Big To Fail, which introduces Citizen Based Social Planning — "the next step in the evolution of democracy." You know...typical everyday stuff. :)
by PreAl on Thu Jan 20, 2022 5:50 pm
roland1 wrote"Selection stuck" MIDI note BUG (it would seem):

On my PC using 5.5 I've now encountered a MIDI input bug three times where I click or select a random MIDI note for editing and when I then want to click on another note, that first note does not deselect. Instead, it shows me an icon that suggests the note is locked. (Why? How?)

To unlock it, I have to open a menu or do some other unrelated activity and then it becomes unstuck. Again, it's happened three times.

This is something new that I have not seen in any previous version. However, in 5.4, I did notice that note audition was broken (giving just a broken up sound instead of the full note). That seems to have now been fixed in 5.5. However, now I'm getting these intermittent stuck notes. Anyone else?

Pls reply if YOU have encountered this same problem.

[I'm also going to try changing my mouse...just in case.]

If I may be so bold to suggest... So not this issue that was discussed earlier in this thread?

viewtopic.php?p=277290#p277290

If it is this issue, there are enough comments on this thread to point to a likely regression bug.

Possible workaround here:
viewtopic.php?p=277400#p277400

by roland1 on Thu Jan 20, 2022 7:00 pm
I typed those words in bold thinking of you, PreAI — I knew you couldn't resist answering my post — but heck, at least I tried. :D

Still, your compulsion served me well this time. Much appreciated.

I did actually glance at those earlier references to "stuck MIDI notes," but hadn't encountered that issue yet and without reading further just assumed it was related to the classic "stuck MIDI notes" issue in S1 where the sound continues playing after the transport has been stopped.

Now I know that it's a problem that I share with others — who have also been robbed of their rightful opportunity to be first to answer my post. :p

[NOTE: This post may contain humor, peanut byproducts and/or mouse droppings]
Last edited by roland1 on Thu Jan 20, 2022 10:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Studio One Pro (v5) on i7 7700 win10 PC w16GB RAM and a Mac Pro Tower (w/RME & Focusrite interfaces.)

My work includes the newly released: Clearing a Path to Joy (And finding contentment along the way) [AuroraSkyPublishing.com]
and my upcoming music video, Too Big To Fail, which introduces Citizen Based Social Planning — "the next step in the evolution of democracy." You know...typical everyday stuff. :)
by kevladd on Thu Jan 20, 2022 9:17 pm
Last edited by kevladd on Sat Jan 22, 2022 4:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
by PreAl on Thu Jan 20, 2022 10:09 pm
kevladd wroteI apologize for being rude. I was.

I got triggered when I read a short blanket response that assumed I needed "advice" about my system, which I don't. It's a finely tuned updated system and I never have issues unless S1 is buggy, which is very rare for me, happily enough.. I thoroughly test every plugin before purchasing and if it causes any problems at all, I uninstall it.

I feel like you didn't really read my post and didn't put any thought into your response .Only accusations that my plugins and system needed updating when the only thing that changed was going from 5.4 to 5.5
I was responding to the OP that had the same issues that I had when I fired up a mix in 5.5 that worked perfectly in 5.4 and saw numerous and various UP TO DATE and high quality plugins were disabled and I couldn't re-enable them along with the other issues I stated in my post, directly related to a new "feature" that was implemented in this release. If a new S1 release breaks my system, it's gone. I can happily stay on 5.4 for the rest of my time with S1 if I need to.

You could have asked me if my plugins and system were updated but you instead dismissed the issues I laid out and assumed my system was less than adequate to run 5.4.
Maybe think a little bit about how you respond when trying to help and I will try not to post when I'm irritated.

I've rolled back to using 5.4 and will try again when the next rev is released.

So you apologise for being rude (which you were) and then tell me I "haven't read your post" and then you say I'm "accusing" you of stuff, tell me I didn't put "any thought" into your post, and then tell me "have a think".etc.. all from the one single post that was aimed at everybody experiencing this issue.

From.your post I quoted above I feel I may have killed your mother when writing this:

PreAl wroteTime to get updating your plugins, and make sure windows update is up to date.

So I'll only comment on the only thing that was vaguely responding to what I wrote, which you so eloquently put:

"Only accusations that my plugins and system needed updating when the only thing that changed was going from 5.4 to 5.5"

What you may not be understanding here is upgrading your daw can often break plugins because the daw may detect underlaying issues with plugins that were not detected before the update (like a plugin may be spurt out audio with the wrong sample rate).

Also with updated software, the software that hooks into it (e.g. plugins).may require updated programming libraries and reference points... therefore it's important that you are running the latest plugin version and that windows is up to date, or it may break.

So yes, that "*only* thing you did" is exactly why I wrote that single statement, and btw, if you require detailed troubleshooting, explanations and hand holding (where I could done all those things that "I could have asked you", because hey - what I do with my time is clearly up to you) then I strongly suggest you create your own thread. On the new releases thread I try to keep things as brief as possible (sadly I didn't succeed with this post).

And if you don't require any help or you've already updated your plugins and run windows update then that's fine too,.just chill out, move on and stop ranting at people for no reason.

by kevladd on Fri Jan 21, 2022 7:37 am
Last edited by kevladd on Sat Jan 22, 2022 4:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
by roland1 on Fri Jan 21, 2022 8:25 am
I think we can get a lot more accomplished in this forum when we're not being condescending towards others. We sometimes forget that men are especially susceptible to being triggered when their status is challenged — it's an inborn biological response present in most social mammals that has nothing to do with Studio One updates but rather our survival and procreation instincts.

It's hard not to get drawn into these conflicts, which is why it's important that we not treat others in ways that say "I'm better than you are!" cause then we're just asking for trouble.

It certainly didn't work for Charlie Sheen ["WINNING!"] :)

by Bbd on Fri Jan 21, 2022 2:41 pm
Totally agreed Roland1.
Let’s all keep all posts on this Forum from personnel attacks.
Keep the topic on focus.
Thanks.

Bbd

OS: Win 10 x64 Home, Studio One Pro 6.x, Notion 6, Series III 24, Studio 192, Haswell CPU: i7 4790k @ 4.4GHz, RAM: 32GB, Faderport 8/16, Central Station +, PreSonus Sceptre S6, Eris 3.5, Temblor 10, ATOM, ATOM SQ
by PreAl on Fri Jan 21, 2022 7:24 pm
Oh boy. Don't you just love the internet.

"Let’s all keep all posts on this Forum from personnel attacks"

Absolutely.

by Lokeyfly on Fri Jan 21, 2022 8:53 pm
We even got a biological lesson in testosterone awareness! I knew there was a reason I love this place!

S1-6.2.1, HP Omen 17" i7 10th Gen, 32 GB,512 GB TLC M.2 (SSD),1 TB SSD. Win10 Pro, Audient iD14 MkII, Roland JV90, NI S49 MkII, Atom SQ, FP 8, Roland GR-50 & Octapad. MOTU MIDI Express XT. HR824, Yamaha HS-7, NS-1000M, Yamaha Promix 01, Rane HC-6, etc.

New song "Our Time"
https://youtu.be/BqOZ4-0iY1w?si=_uwmgRBv3N4VwJlq

Visit my You Tube Channel
https://youtube.com/@jamesconraadtucker ... PA5dM01GF7

Latest song releases on Bandcamp -

Latest albums on iTunes

All works registered copyright ©️
by Lokeyfly on Fri Jan 21, 2022 9:19 pm
Lokeyfly wroteHere's a 5.5 Projects only deviation I just noticed, and inherently a minor bug that needs correction. I proofed it out again this morning,so you guys can verify for me if the opprtunity is there. Thanks ahead.

In song mode, I added the Pro EQ, and created from default some frequency adjustments. I stored my Preset "songnane". This stores the file at: Studio One/Presets/Presonus/Pro EQ/songname.preset. That's the default location. All good, business as usual.

I liked that Preset and wanted to use its curve in my Project, so I went to the Project page, and to the same song (doesn't matter, really as the preset can be called up in any song), loaded Pro EQ, and proceeded to load that Preset (import will also load the Preset). What occurred was the Preset loaded fine, however only the nodes were displayed of the Q, dB, and frequency location. The white line curve remains flat at 0 dB. If I adjust any node, even [control + z] back, the curve will update to that single band only. I have to nudge each of the bands nodes to get back what should have been initially pre drawn upon opening the Preset.

This morning I thought, let me try another song and see what will happen when I recall that very same Preset. It worked fine!. So I then opened my projects page, and tried to recall the Pro EQ preset in another song. Same error. Nodes are there but no curve of the respective bands. It stays flat at zero.

So depending on verification or visibility here, I may re post in the general forum with this subject more visible.

Just sharing in the know. Maybe it's already been noted. I hope someone in Q.C. is capturing all such subtle issues.

Further information reveals its on many Pro EQ Presets, both saved and standard Studio One Presets. It also crops up on the Songs Page. It impacts the EQ until the curve is drawn properly.

The link is here where there was further discussion and screenshots.. [Thank you Patrickviens]
Please update this quickly as obviously a large number of people use Pro EQ in Studio One!
Thank You.
James
https://forums.presonus.com/viewtopic.php?f=151&t=47414&p=278021#p278021

S1-6.2.1, HP Omen 17" i7 10th Gen, 32 GB,512 GB TLC M.2 (SSD),1 TB SSD. Win10 Pro, Audient iD14 MkII, Roland JV90, NI S49 MkII, Atom SQ, FP 8, Roland GR-50 & Octapad. MOTU MIDI Express XT. HR824, Yamaha HS-7, NS-1000M, Yamaha Promix 01, Rane HC-6, etc.

New song "Our Time"
https://youtu.be/BqOZ4-0iY1w?si=_uwmgRBv3N4VwJlq

Visit my You Tube Channel
https://youtube.com/@jamesconraadtucker ... PA5dM01GF7

Latest song releases on Bandcamp -

Latest albums on iTunes

All works registered copyright ©️
by roland1 on Fri Jan 21, 2022 9:43 pm
Lokeyfly wroteWe even got a biological lesson in testosterone awareness! I knew there was a reason I love this place!

Actually, it was more of a lesson in "self-awareness" because when some people get overly defensive and all wired up on the fear of losing a confrontation, they can begin to lose focus on how they are treating others.

So yeah, I thought I'd enter that sentiment into the dialogue so that things wouldn't get any nastier between the two respective warring parties than they already were.

[Do I sound like a politician yet?] :) [Nope. I'd have to ask for a contribution first.]

by PreAl on Sat Jan 22, 2022 4:11 am
roland1 wrote
Lokeyfly wroteWe even got a biological lesson in testosterone awareness! I knew there was a reason I love this place!

Actually, it was more of a lesson in "self-awareness" because when some people get overly defensive and all wired up on the fear of losing a confrontation, they can begin to lose focus on how they are treating others.

So yeah, I thought I'd enter that sentiment into the dialogue so that things wouldn't get any nastier between the two respective warring parties than they already were.

[Do I sound like a politician yet?] :) [Nope. I'd have to ask for a contribution first.]

Any more of this and I'll tell you to update your plugins, if it gets really bad I'll bang on about windows update.

If it gets really really bad I'll bang on about my computer science degree and recording career.

You have been warned :D

by roland1 on Sat Jan 22, 2022 8:17 am
Now that our demons have been exorcised, I hope that the Presonites back in my homeland are fixing the stuck MIDI notes problem.

Also, some of my keyboard commands are not working - track resize. I reset the toolbar...maybe that messed it up; but it shouldn't. Anyone else experiencing a shortcuts issue?

Oh, and on the bright side: two great "unofficial" additions to this DAW are the Color Toolbar (2.73) and the recently released "navigation essentials" toolbar. If anyone reading this hasn't discovered them yet, I'd suggest you search them out. Very useful indeed.

255 postsPage 6 of 13
1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 13