255 postsPage 10 of 13
1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13
Copy that, Roland. I'll update the list tonight and verify any loose ends. As to the varied audio renderings. I'm treating that as case by case basis. So unless that becomes recurring with several users, I'll hold off adding that to the list.
I'll add the folder index issue even though it's been verified and in the works.

Also, "Thank You" jazzundso for the useful scripts and your helping many with questions. "Thanks to All", again. Break away when you can and dive into some Studio One! You now, do some music stuff! :punk:

S1-6.2.1, HP Omen 17" i7 10th Gen, 32 GB,512 GB TLC M.2 (SSD),1 TB SSD. Win10 Pro, Audient iD14 MkII, Roland JV90, NI S49 MkII, Atom SQ, FP 8, Roland GR-50 & Octapad. MOTU MIDI Express XT. HR824, Yamaha HS-7, NS-1000M, Yamaha Promix 01, Rane HC-6, etc.

New song "Our Time"
https://youtu.be/BqOZ4-0iY1w?si=_uwmgRBv3N4VwJlq

Visit my You Tube Channel
https://youtube.com/@jamesconraadtucker ... PA5dM01GF7

Latest song releases on Bandcamp -

Latest albums on iTunes

All works registered copyright ©️
by Lokeyfly on Wed Jan 26, 2022 8:20 pm
Here's a breif list of noted issues by users in Studio One 5.5 from this thread. Not listed are plugin, startup, playback "pops", rendering conditions, or related audio interface issues.

This is a consolidated list created for visibility purposes only. If you have an issue, by all means report it as necessary as with any issue in the forum.

Studio One 5.5 observed issues:
*Instrument notes - Still frozen as previously v5.3
Instrument notes - some additional dragging/non playback issues.
*Pro EQ - preset redraw inconsistent.
*Shortcuts - missing i.e. track ht, Zoom Full. etc.
*Zoom/magnifying glass issues on both Win/Mac
*Update loudness - at times, unable to access updating arrow.
Additionally, no possibility to recalculate LUFS after fadeout using automation.
*Undo - Control + Z NG.evidentally. (one report).
*Clipping - main output is clipping @ 0 dB (Master & Listen Bus. (2 separate reportings) had to lower fader to -0.1 (may or not be relevant).
*Folder Index, varied misalignment

S1-6.2.1, HP Omen 17" i7 10th Gen, 32 GB,512 GB TLC M.2 (SSD),1 TB SSD. Win10 Pro, Audient iD14 MkII, Roland JV90, NI S49 MkII, Atom SQ, FP 8, Roland GR-50 & Octapad. MOTU MIDI Express XT. HR824, Yamaha HS-7, NS-1000M, Yamaha Promix 01, Rane HC-6, etc.

New song "Our Time"

Latest albums on iTunes

by Vocalpoint on Thu Jan 27, 2022 9:05 am
Lokeyfly wroteHere's a breif list of noted issues by users in Studio One 5.5 from this thread. Not listed are plugin, startup, playback "pops", rendering conditions, or related audio interface issues.

This is a consolidated list created for visibility purposes only. If you have an issue, by all means report it as necessary as with any issue in the forum.

Additionally, no possibility to recalculate LUFS after fadeout using automation.
*Clipping - main output is clipping @ 0 dB (Master & Listen Bus. (2 separate reportings) had to lower fader to -0.1 (may or not be relevant).

LokeyFly

Really appreciate these listings - nice to see a consolidated collection of forum observations in one spot. It's also clear to me that a 5.5.1 is needed.

After pondering the upgrade over the weekend and reading the forum with interest - I am going to take the high road and bypass this version.

I am about to install my new RME UCX II and I want to get that steady before throwing a new version of Studio One into the mix.

Cheers!

VP

DAW: Studio One Pro 6.5.1.96553 | Host OS: Windows 10 Pro 22H2 | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME z790-A | CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-13600K | RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | Graphics: Intel UHD 770 (HDMI) | Audio Interface: RME UCX II (v1.246) | OS Drive : Samsung 990 PRO (1TB) | Media Drive: Samsung 970 EVO Plus (500GB) | Libraries: Samsung 970 EVO+ (2TB) | Samples : Seagate FireCuda (2TB) | Monitoring: Presonus Monitor Station v2 + Presonus Eris 5 | MIDI Control: Native Instruments Komplete S61 & Presonus ATOM
by roland1 on Thu Jan 27, 2022 10:15 am
Fodder for a possible future conspiracy theory: My cousin works with the brother of a guy whose neighbor's friend says that the zoom bug is intentionally programmed to get everyone signing up for Sphere — WHERE IT WORKS! Of course, "they" don't want you to know that...

[We now return to our regular programming. P.S. I'm lying to you. On purpose, too.]

Studio One Pro (v5) on i7 7700 win10 PC w16GB RAM and a Mac Pro Tower (w/RME & Focusrite interfaces.)

I use S1 as an author/musician/multi-media artist.
My work includes the newly released: Clearing a Path to Joy (And finding contentment along the way) [AuroraSkyPublishing.com]
and my upcoming music video, Too Big To Fail, which introduces Citizen Based Social Planning — "the next step in the evolution of democracy." You know...typical everyday stuff. :)
by roland1 on Thu Jan 27, 2022 10:28 am
One would hope that a fix is pending within a week for what is being affected by this recent update.

One would hope. If this was Reaper, well...this stuff would have been found during public beta testing. But different strokes, I guess. I also use Affinity software, which has a public beta program so that ordinary folks like me can spot problems before they turn into lengthy forum posts.

We'll see.

Studio One Pro (v5) on i7 7700 win10 PC w16GB RAM and a Mac Pro Tower (w/RME & Focusrite interfaces.)

My work includes the newly released: Clearing a Path to Joy (And finding contentment along the way) [AuroraSkyPublishing.com]
and my upcoming music video, Too Big To Fail, which introduces Citizen Based Social Planning — "the next step in the evolution of democracy." You know...typical everyday stuff. :)
by kisnou on Thu Jan 27, 2022 12:05 pm
roland1 wroteOne would hope that a fix is pending within a week for what is being affected by this recent update.

One would hope. If this was Reaper, well...this stuff would have been found during public beta testing. But different strokes, I guess. I also use Affinity software, which has a public beta program so that ordinary folks like me can spot problems before they turn into lengthy forum posts.

We'll see.

The amount of bugs that are being found clearly shows there is something wrong with Presonus' beta testing system, I'd say. I wonder how they do it.
However, I hope this will be a good chance for them to make a positive change.. or kick a few beta testers out (i'm joking.. maybe) :D

Presonus Featured Artist (Italy)
My Latest Feature Requests :arrow:
https://answers.presonus.com/73692/s1-essential-feature-plugin-racks
https://answers.presonus.com/72506/zoom-to-selection-improvement-vote-if-you-agree
Studio One Pro 6
Win10 - AMD Ryzen 9 5900X - 32gb ram DDR4
Gigabyte RTX 3060
Interface: Focusrite 18i20 3rd gen
Prophet XL + KeyStep Pro
Atom SQ
Revelator
by Lokeyfly on Thu Jan 27, 2022 12:12 pm
roland1 wroteOne would hope that a fix is pending within a week for what is being affected by this recent update.

We'll see.

It's all good. The hit list is pretty short, and I usually fall back on anyone needing to get results will find a way.

BTW, I adore Affinity! I keep getting a notice at startup that there's an update. It's been going on for months now, only I'm so fixated on getting work done with it, that I cant stop to update.

That's what a productivity program of any kind should do. Stir the senses. As a tool, accomodate productivity.

That guy down the block (figuratively) who's been building his house the last four years, will be building the same house for at least another four years. Why? Because he keeps writing to Makita, that his circular saw doesn't change saw blades easy enough.
Last I heard, he's threatened them with changing to Milwaukie, or DeWalt. :)

Its friggin' cold out!
Cheers my friend!

New song "Our Time"

Latest albums on iTunes

by Lokeyfly on Thu Jan 27, 2022 12:17 pm
I hear you kisnou. It should be tightened up, and I meant the same earlier about that. Call it constructive criticism from us all. That's all. Just a basic few days before announcement. Feature depending.

BTW, you guys are not those carpenters I was referring to. I've heard your stuff, and it's GOOD!
It was just a point on the climate at times.
Priorities is all.
Best,
JCT

New song "Our Time"

Latest albums on iTunes

by Lokeyfly on Thu Jan 27, 2022 1:43 pm
Vocalpoint wrote
Lokeyfly wroteHere's a breif list of noted issues by users in Studio One 5.5 from this thread. Not listed are plugin, startup, playback "pops", rendering conditions, or related audio interface issues.

LokeyFly

Really appreciate these listings - nice to see a consolidated collection of forum observations in one spot. It's also clear to me that a 5.5.1 is needed.

After pondering the upgrade over the weekend and reading the forum with interest - I am going to take the high road and bypass this version.

I am about to install my new RME UCX II and I want to get that steady before throwing a new version of Studio One into the mix.

Cheers!

VP

Thanks VP. That's a good move, and I probably was just that close to doing the same. It took me about one year I guess to go from 4.6 to 5.2. For the same reasons.

In this case it's a free upgrade but nothing should impede a good workflow!

I was just adding an at a glance hit list (not the kind on Billboard ;) ), and perhaps there's more issues, or not so deep.

I just read your comment now, is why it's late responding.

Be safe, be well!

New song "Our Time"

Latest albums on iTunes

by patrickviens on Thu Jan 27, 2022 1:58 pm

Also : "Copy and Paste channel settings" menu entries do nothing when used from within a multi-instrument.

Windows 10 64-bit
IntelCore i7-4700MQ @2.40GHz, 16GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce GT755M, MOTU Ultra-Lite MK3 Hybrid, IK Multimedia Axe I/O, Soundcraft Notepad 12FX Mixer/interface, MOTU Micro Lite Midi Interface, Studio One Professional 6.2.1
by roland1 on Thu Jan 27, 2022 5:16 pm
These should have been in the release notes. :D :punk:

by roland1 on Thu Jan 27, 2022 6:02 pm
Can someone check "layers naming" for me?

I'm just working on a MIDI file in S1 and wanted to duplicate it; something I've done 1000 times before with audio and MIDI files. The issue I'm noticing I always let pass. But since we're all about listing bugs or issues with 5.5 for the next update, maybe someone can check this for me and chime in. Here's the situation:

When I choose to duplicate a layer from the menu, it gives me the option to name that layer. Okay, so I name it and expect to see that name. But instead, it shows the main instrument name or something I wasn't expecting. Maybe the name goes into the pool? Maybe the name is sent to an intelligence agency in the Gaza Strip? I just know it isn't applied to my dupe MIDI file layer. :)

Can someone check this and maybe explain the situation to me if this is expected behavior or whether I have stumbled onto a potential candidate for our undesired features list?

UPDATE: I just tried it a few times and what I see is that the name changes in the main track viewing list for layers, but does not change in the layers themselves — which makes them indistinguishable from one another and useless. If I name something "original import" I want to read that name in the layers and not just in a tiny drop down menu. Feel me?

On second thought, don't feel me. :shock: It's not appropriate behavior for this forum.

by patrickviens on Thu Jan 27, 2022 6:34 pm
roland1 wroteCan someone check "layers naming" for me?

When I choose to duplicate a layer from the menu, it gives me the option to name that layer. Okay, so I name it and expect to see that name. But instead, it shows the main instrument name or something I wasn't expecting. Maybe the name goes into the pool? Maybe the name is sent to an intelligence agency in the Gaza Strip? I just know it isn't applied to my dupe MIDI file layer. :)

Can someone check this and maybe explain the situation to me if this is expected behavior or whether I have stumbled onto a potential candidate for our undesired features list?

UPDATE: I just tried it a few times and what I see is that the name changes in the main track viewing list for layers, but does not change in the layers themselves — 

On second thought, don't feel me. :shock: It's not appropriate behavior for this forum.

:( Confirmed. The name does not update before another layer is duplicated. I have renamed the first duplicated layer "First" but it borrowed the name from the main track. Then duplicated a second time and entered "Second", and it named the second duplicate "First", and etc...

Duplicating and renaming from the inspector works ok however.

With Audio tracks, the first duplicated layer also borrows the name of the main track but subsequent duplicated layers are renamed correctly.

Windows 10 64-bit
IntelCore i7-4700MQ @2.40GHz, 16GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce GT755M, MOTU Ultra-Lite MK3 Hybrid, IK Multimedia Axe I/O, Soundcraft Notepad 12FX Mixer/interface, MOTU Micro Lite Midi Interface, Studio One Professional 6.2.1
by roland1 on Thu Jan 27, 2022 8:45 pm
Yeah, it's not exactly pretty. And definitely not something around which you can organize your work.

Somebody, pls. notify head office that we, the people, have another grievance.

by Lokeyfly on Thu Jan 27, 2022 9:23 pm
I do a lot of work with layers, particularly comping, but I never duplicate layers so you would know those subtleties more than I. I duplicated a layer and got the field to change the name. It was layer 8, so I added a "+". So it named the layer "Taylor Take 16+". Because there were 15 layers, and it defaulted to the next highest layer number. It would do that to any layer, producing a new layer number (using the highest take number). This I suspect is normal behavior.

I always name my tracks, and I dont put too much stpck in a layer name other than expect it to build on the layer name and its number.

I went to Studio 4 (my other computer has versions 1, 2, 3, and 4 on it), and it did the same thing. So I guess I'm not understanding the issue.

New song "Our Time"

Latest albums on iTunes

by patrickviens on Thu Jan 27, 2022 10:41 pm
Lokeyfly wroteSo it named the layer "Taylor Take 16+". Because there were 15 layers, and it defaulted to the next highest layer number. It would do that to any layer, producing a new layer number (using the highest take number). This I suspect is normal behavior.

Using the automatic incremental naming is good enough, I guess. Just adding a suffix like "+" seems to be consistently working. But if the name is completely changed, it is not working.

I tried it again, and started off with a track named "Taylor", and added a layer, renamed in "Martin" in the pop-up field, and I got "Taylor 1". Again, add a layer, and named it "Takamine", and I got "Martin"...

Windows 10 64-bit
by roland1 on Thu Jan 27, 2022 10:57 pm
I use layers when writing and finalizing MIDI parts for drums, keys, etc. As such, I always need to change the name to let me know what kind of edit I made to any current version. That's why I noticed the issue — I need to be able to eyeball the various names and right now that's not possible when using this feature as intended.

I can live with it, but I'd rather not. Goodbye, cruel world.

[AAAAaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. Splat.]

by cpowell on Fri Jan 28, 2022 10:41 am
I come to the forum every morning hoping to see a 5.51 discussion thread. I guess I really am desperate for the bugs to get squashed.

Studio One 5 Professional
RME Fireface UFX
Tascam US-20X20
Tascam US-16X08
Softube Console 1
FaderPort 8
Neve R6 Rack
Neve Portico 511
dbx 560A
by PreAl on Fri Jan 28, 2022 10:59 am
cpowell wroteI come to the forum every morning hoping to see a 5.51 discussion thread. I guess I really am desperate for the bugs to get squashed.

8 days or so is kinda too short to expect bug fixes unless they are only going to fix a few showstopping bugs (emergency release). Come back at the end of the month perhaps. I hope they take their sweet time and get it all sorted and tested as much as possible without rushing it out.

Intel i9 9900K (Gigabyte Z390 DESIGNARE motherboard), 32GB RAM, EVGA Geforce 1070 (Nvidia drivers).
Dell Inspiron 7591 (2 in 1) 16Gb.
Studio One Pro 6.x, Windows 11 Pro 64 bit, also running it on Mac OS Catalina via dual boot (experimental).
Presonus Quantum 2626, Presonus Studio 26c, Focusrite Saffire Pro 40, Faderport Classic (1.45), Atom SQ, Atom Pad, Maschine Studio, Octapad SPD-30, Roland A300, a number of hardware synths.
by shanabit on Fri Jan 28, 2022 11:57 am
It really feels like Presonus is turning into Steinberg here

StudioOnePro 6.1
UA Apollo Twin
OSX Sonoma 14.2

iMac 2013

255 postsPage 10 of 13
1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13