255 postsPage 11 of 13
1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13
patrickviens wrote
Lokeyfly wroteSo it named the layer "Taylor Take 16+". Because there were 15 layers, and it defaulted to the next highest layer number. It would do that to any layer, producing a new layer number (using the highest take number). This I suspect is normal behavior.

Using the automatic incremental naming is good enough, I guess. Just adding a suffix like "+" seems to be consistently working. But if the name is completely changed, it is not working.

I tried it again, and started off with a track named "Taylor", and added a layer, renamed in "Martin" in the pop-up field, and I got "Taylor 1". Again, add a layer, and named it "Takamine", and I got "Martin"...

You will get Taylor 1 (in all versions). It's a next layer duplicate, the Track Taylor name + Take # highest incremented by 1. If you again duplicate the layer (calling it Martin), it will again always resort to the original Tailor track name, take and highest number. It would have to. It's part of that Taylor set. I'm not saying you can't rename, you just don't get layer increments off of another rename (in that set). Now, if you renamed, and dragged that layer to become a track, yes, it then acts like it's own track and increments correctly.

You guys will have to specify what the issue actually is. I just compared duplicate layer with v4.6. The only difference is somewhere along the line after 4.6, a pop-up field to rename the layer was added. Layer duplication will always increment to the latest take.

On the name of the take itself, where the actual pass occurs, the name will always show the duplicated take number (does not increment). This makes perfect sense also because a duplicate is a duplicate. You can opt to rename the actual pass name in that Take's field if you so choose.

This is why I suggest you make a brief one line description of the occurance, so we can get it on the list. It's probably best to follow up with making the observation transparent. The way Roland did, only now you're not asking. Now you're summing the issue up.

Your issue is important to you, so be clear about what it used to do (per version x.x), and what has now changed in 5.5.

Currently. and perhaps I'm missing something, but Ive done the comparisons, I see no issue.

S1-6.6, HP Omen 17" i7 10th Gen, 32 GB,512 GB TLC M.2 (SSD),1 TB SSD. Win10 Pro, Audient iD14 MkII, Roland JV90, NI S49 MkII, Atom SQ, FP 8, Roland GR-50 & Octapad. MOTU MIDI Express XT. HR824, Yamaha HS-7, NS-1000M, Yamaha Promix 01, Rane HC-6, etc.

New song "Our Time"
https://youtu.be/BqOZ4-0iY1w?si=_uwmgRBv3N4VwJlq

Visit my You Tube Channel
https://youtube.com/@jamesconraadtucker ... PA5dM01GF7

Latest song releases on Bandcamp -

Latest albums on iTunes

All works registered copyright ©️
by roland1 on Sun Jan 30, 2022 2:18 pm
re; layers naming convention:

For me, it's a simple matter of seeing a window that asks me to make a duplicate and then name it, after which it not only fails to name it in real time (okay, maybe it happens later) but it also activates that layer.

My beef: a) Where's the name in the list? b) I don't want that layer active. I'm using it more as a backup so I can regress after an edit — I am interpreting "duplicate" in this instance to mean "copy", not to rearrange my workflow and replace my current MIDI file.

Studio One Pro (v5) on i7 7700 win10 PC w16GB RAM and a Mac Pro Tower (w/RME & Focusrite interfaces.)

I use S1 as an author/musician/multi-media artist.
My work includes the newly released: Clearing a Path to Joy (And finding contentment along the way) [AuroraSkyPublishing.com]
and my upcoming music video, Too Big To Fail, which introduces Citizen Based Social Planning — "the next step in the evolution of democracy." You know...typical everyday stuff. :)
by Lokeyfly on Mon Jan 31, 2022 5:28 am
I have no such findings. Still. the fact that you and patrickviens see an issue that wasn't there before, I've added that to the quick list. Thx.

S1-6.6, HP Omen 17" i7 10th Gen, 32 GB,512 GB TLC M.2 (SSD),1 TB SSD. Win10 Pro, Audient iD14 MkII, Roland JV90, NI S49 MkII, Atom SQ, FP 8, Roland GR-50 & Octapad. MOTU MIDI Express XT. HR824, Yamaha HS-7, NS-1000M, Yamaha Promix 01, Rane HC-6, etc.

New song "Our Time"

Latest albums on iTunes

by Lokeyfly on Mon Jan 31, 2022 5:37 am
Studio One 5.5 observed issues:
*Instrument notes - Still occasionally frozen.
Instrument notes - some additional dragging/non playback issues.
*Pro EQ - preset redraw inconsistent.
*Shortcuts - missing i.e. track ht, Zoom Full. etc.
*Zoom/magnifying glass issues on both Win/Mac
*Update loudness - at times, unable to access update feature. Additionally, no possibility to recalculate LUFS after fadeout using automation.
*Undo - Control + Z NG.evidentally. (one report).
*Clipping - main output is clipping @ 0 dB (Master & Listen Bus. (2 separate reportings) had to lower fader to -0.1 (may or not be relevant).
*Folder Index, varied misalignment
*Copy and Paste channel settings" menu entries do nothing when used from within a multi-instrument.
*Layers naming convention differs (2 reports).

Recent findings: On the Pro EQ redraw issue, if the selected preset is clicked a 2nd time, it then redraws the necessary EQ curve. This is a temporary fix.

New song "Our Time"

Latest albums on iTunes

by ericma2 on Mon Jan 31, 2022 4:08 pm
I'm adding to the list of observed issues:

Pipeline signal will attenuate and in some cases distort. It seems like it's the send signal because the vu meter on my outboard gear doesn't even register much of a signal when this is happening. I'm not 100% sure about this. Obviously it can be a hardware issue but I've never had this issue before and this mysteriously started happening after 5.5. Initially, I was trying to troubleshoot the hardware side... I thought it was on my 500 series modules in the rack, but different modules would be affected at random and also different I/Os. Later I thought it was the 500 rack itself but this issue affects my non 500 rack units as well. I then chalked it up to the ad/da converters and/or the patch bay. I was in the middle of a session and couldn't really afford to unplug the whole rack and test, so I did the simplest thing - went back to 5.4.1. Everything seems to be working like before. This is day 2 so we'll see.
Wondering if anybody is having these issues?

2013 Mac Pro Trashcan 8 Core 64 GB Ram
macOS Monterey 12.7.3
Studio One 6.5.2
Pro Tools 21.12 <- Finally left Pro Tools - THANKS S1!!!!
Euphonix Artist Mix firmware 1.5.6.0
Eucon v4.8.3
by PreAl on Mon Jan 31, 2022 4:48 pm
ericma2 wroteI'm adding to the list of observed issues:

Pipeline signal will attenuate and in some cases distort. It seems like it's the send signal because the vu meter on my outboard gear doesn't even register much of a signal when this is happening. I'm not 100% sure about this. Obviously it can be a hardware issue but I've never had this issue before and this mysteriously started happening after 5.5. Initially, I was trying to troubleshoot the hardware side... I thought it was on my 500 series modules in the rack, but different modules would be affected at random and also different I/Os. Later I thought it was the 500 rack itself but this issue affects my non 500 rack units as well. I then chalked it up to the ad/da converters and/or the patch bay. I was in the middle of a session and couldn't really afford to unplug the whole rack and test, so I did the simplest thing - went back to 5.4.1. Everything seems to be working like before. This is day 2 so we'll see.
Wondering if anybody is having these issues?

Stupid questions I know but I've got to ask it.. Have you stopped other plugins in the chain? Have you tried pipeline in a new project with blank template? Have you tried altering the dropout protection settings? (less of it the better). My suggestions aren't up to much but may help rule things out.

Intel i9 9900K (Gigabyte Z390 DESIGNARE motherboard), 32GB RAM, EVGA Geforce 1070 (Nvidia drivers).
Dell Inspiron 7591 (2 in 1) 16Gb.
Studio One Pro 6.x, Windows 11 Pro 64 bit, also running it on Mac OS Catalina via dual boot (experimental).
Presonus Quantum 2626, Presonus Studio 26c, Focusrite Saffire Pro 40, Faderport Classic (1.45), Atom SQ, Atom Pad, Maschine Studio, Octapad SPD-30, Roland A300, a number of hardware synths.
by ericma2 on Mon Jan 31, 2022 5:53 pm
Not a stupid question at all! I haven't tried that yet. But I can say right now it is not 5.5. It just happened right now on 5.4.1. This is gonna be a pain to hunt this down. It's most likely hardware. I'll have to slowly play around with this.

2013 Mac Pro Trashcan 8 Core 64 GB Ram
macOS Monterey 12.7.3
Studio One 6.5.2
Pro Tools 21.12 <- Finally left Pro Tools - THANKS S1!!!!
Euphonix Artist Mix firmware 1.5.6.0
Eucon v4.8.3
by Lokeyfly on Mon Jan 31, 2022 10:53 pm
There are no stupid questions. Good ask PreAl.

Just so you're aware ericma2, I added a brief statement earlier that hardware issues were not being placed on the list. If it is in fact a v5.5 issue, it would be spotted in this thread anyway, only for the quick list it's too much to maul over drivers, conversions, etc.
You probably should post elsewhere if it isn't a 5.5 discussion. Thx. Good luck!

Here's a brief list of noted issues by users in Studio One 5.5 from this thread. Not listed are plugin, startup, playback "pops", rendering conditions, or related audio interface issues.

This is a consolidated list created for visibility purposes only. If you have an issue, by all means report it as necessary as with any issue in the forum.

New song "Our Time"

Latest albums on iTunes

by roland1 on Tue Feb 01, 2022 11:09 am
Just to bring up the layers thing again — since I was duplicating a rough MIDI bass track just now using the duplicate layers feature:

When I'm working in a timeline and want to duplicate an event, I click on it and press "D". It then makes a copy of that event immediately after the selected one. It does NOT replace my original event.

When I select my MIDI track event in the timeline and press duplicate layer, it gives me the option to name it (which it does in a sort of confusing way) and then IT REPLACES MY EVENT with that newly named layer. So, intuitively, based on my experience with events in the timeline, I'm not expecting this behavior.

I want a duplicate as a backup, not as a new version. Maybe that's the problem. Maybe it should say: "Create NEW duplicate version of current file and toss the working copy somewhere else with a name that you probably won't recognize."

Yes, it's a long command for a dropdown menu, so an acronym might be more useful here.

[ :D ]

P.S. Naming them Bass 1, Bass 2, Bass 3, doesn't tell me anything either, so naming is important, at least when writing. Unless your DAW comes with finished songs already written for you. In which case, I digress.

Studio One Pro (v5) on i7 7700 win10 PC w16GB RAM and a Mac Pro Tower (w/RME & Focusrite interfaces.)

My work includes the newly released: Clearing a Path to Joy (And finding contentment along the way) [AuroraSkyPublishing.com]
and my upcoming music video, Too Big To Fail, which introduces Citizen Based Social Planning — "the next step in the evolution of democracy." You know...typical everyday stuff. :)
by patrickviens on Tue Feb 01, 2022 9:04 pm
Lokeyfly wrote
patrickviens wrote
Lokeyfly wrote
This is why I suggest you make a brief one line description of the occurance, so we can get it on the list. It's probably best to follow up with making the observation transparent. The way Roland did, only now you're not asking. Now you're summing the issue up.

Your issue is important to you, so be clear about what it used to do (per version x.x), and what has now changed in 5.5.

Currently. and perhaps I'm missing something, but Ive done the comparisons, I see no issue.

Well, I found that different results are obtained when add/duplicate layers commands are triggered with a right click on the Track, or with a right click on a layer. When adding / duplicating layers with a right click on the main track, the added layer shows at the top of the list and is automatically promoted on top (hence the confusion with how custom name appears), and add/duplicate with a right click on an existing layer does not activate it and also does not re-order layers (and the names!).

There is two different behaviors, depending on where we right-click. I have never really noticed that.

Windows 10 64-bit
IntelCore i7-4700MQ @2.40GHz, 16GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce GT755M, MOTU Ultra-Lite MK3 Hybrid, IK Multimedia Axe I/O, Axe I/O One, Soundcraft Notepad 12FX Mixer/interface, MOTU Micro Lite Midi Interface, Studio One Professional 6.6
by juvandes on Tue Feb 01, 2022 11:09 pm

[ Play Quicktime file ] S1 5 bug.mov [ 10.47 MiB | Viewed 5259 times ]

I've this annoying bug about the automation lanes since v5... I tried this on my 2 systems...

Macbook Pro i9 32gb|Studio One 6.5.2|Protools 2024|Cubase Pro 13|Wavelab 11|Logic X|Apollo X8|2xUAD-2 Octo
UAD 11.0.1|Waves14| Soundtoys| Melodyne 5.3.1| Softube| PluginAlliance| Fabfilter| Sonnox| Eventide| Antares
by roland1 on Tue Feb 01, 2022 11:41 pm
patrickviens wroteWell, I found that different results are obtained when add/duplicate layers commands are triggered with a right click on the Track, or with a right click on a layer. [SNIP]

Yeah, I was paying attention to this aspect, too, today. I'm just trying to figure out some kind of a predictable workflow that allows me to save and edit in a way that I can regress to a previous part and still recognize it as that previous part (by trusting its location and name) and not having to worry about losing something important.

I never realized how emotionally destabilizing MIDI editing can be.

by roland1 on Tue Feb 01, 2022 11:45 pm
juvandes wrote
S1 5 bug.mov

I've this annoying bug about the automation lanes since v5... I tried this on my 2 systems...

I watched the movie. That behavior makes no sense. Definitely something wonky going on.

by kisnou on Wed Feb 02, 2022 3:10 am
juvandes wrote
S1 5 bug.mov

I can reproduce that quite easily (just with send automations though, It doesn't happen with other automations for me & only happens with the send automation lane that is below the other).
However, I'm on 5.4, so as you said this bug may have been there for a while.
Let's report this to the support and hope for the best.

Presonus Featured Artist (Italy)
My Latest Feature Requests :arrow:
https://answers.presonus.com/73692/s1-essential-feature-plugin-racks
https://answers.presonus.com/72506/zoom-to-selection-improvement-vote-if-you-agree
Studio One Pro 6
Win10 - AMD Ryzen 9 5900X - 32gb ram DDR4
Gigabyte RTX 3060
Interface: Focusrite 18i20 3rd gen
Prophet XL + KeyStep Pro
Atom SQ
Revelator
by stefanrauch1 on Wed Feb 02, 2022 8:26 am
kisnou wrote
juvandes wrote
S1 5 bug.mov

I can reproduce that quite easily (just with send automations though, It doesn't happen with other automations for me & only happens with the send automation lane that is below the other).
However, I'm on 5.4, so as you said this bug may have been there for a while.
Let's report this to the support and hope for the best.

It's an unresolved bug since Feb 2020.
Workaround is to select the Range on the first Send Automation Lane and adjust the intended Lane.
phpBB [video]

I don't want to undermine or minimize the issue, just present a way to work around this.

OS: Win10 x64 || Software: Studio One Pro [latest version]
Hardware: AMD Ryzen 9 3950X || Asus Prime X570-PRO || 64GB DDR4 RAM || Asus Dual-RTX2070S-A8G-EVO || UAD2 Octo & Duo PCIe
Peripherals: RME Fireface UFX II (+2x ADA8200) || Faderport Legacy || Atom || NI Komplete Kontrol A25
Audio Settings: 44,1/48kHz, 256 Samples, DP Off, 64 Bit
by roland1 on Wed Feb 02, 2022 11:53 am
stefanrauch1 wrote [SNIP]
It's an unresolved bug since Feb 2020. [SNIP]

Ewwww. :|

I've been working with MIDI all morning (aka instrument note events) and I've been stalled twice by the selection bug, which I NEED to be fixed before 2024, or the end of the world, whichever comes first... :)

by ciroelrey on Thu Feb 03, 2022 10:26 pm
seanrowley wrote***EDIT***
Solved it!
Thanks to all that helped. It turns out that in all instances there were sections at the tail end of the audio that were causing a 666 error. They weren't a problem in 5.4, but I was able to trim the audio and get everything working in 5.5

Original post below:

Having a pretty serious problem right out of the gate and had to roll back to 5.4.

"PLUG-IN has been deactivated because it produced invalid data"

I can't find any documentation on this, and it was not happening in the same sessions under 5.4.

I'll open a support ticket, but wanted to post here in case anyone else is having this problem.

Screen Shot 2022-01-13 at 8.55.44 AM.png

Man I thought I was the only one having this issue! It doesn't happen to all my plugins but very few of my plugins come up with the same error
by overcoat on Fri Feb 04, 2022 12:29 am
ciroelrey wrote
Solved it!
Thanks to all that helped. It turns out that in all instances there were sections at the tail end of the audio that were causing a 666 error. They weren't a problem in 5.4, but I was able to trim the audio and get everything working in 5.5

Original post below:

Having a pretty serious problem right out of the gate and had to roll back to 5.4.

I can't find any documentation on this, and it was not happening in the same sessions under 5.4.

I'll open a support ticket, but wanted to post here in case anyone else is having this problem.

Man I thought I was the only one having this issue! It doesn't happen to all my plugins but very few of my plugins come up with the same error

this is happening to me as well on multiple plug-ins. very frustrating

mac mini 2.6 quad core // RME UCX // modded GAP 73 // Warm Audio WA76// Blue Reaktor, Avantone CV-12Shure SM7B, Shure SM57 & 58 mic's // Korg ms2000b // Korg Padkontrol // Novation sl-mkii // DSI Tetra // Elektron Rytm // Moog Sub 37 // '91 American deluxe strat // Squire Jaguar bass // Martin D-15M // Arturia V-collection // Komplete 9 // UVI Vintage Vault//Lots more vst's and plugs...
by taperocket on Fri Feb 04, 2022 10:37 am
Same here, a showstopper for sure and had to roll back to 5.4.1 as a result to continue mixing a session. No such issue with 5.4.1.
by taperocket on Fri Feb 04, 2022 10:38 am
Same issue here and had to roll back to 5.4.1 to continue working.
overcoat wrote
ciroelrey wrote
Solved it!

Original post below:

this is happening to me as well on multiple plug-ins. very frustrating

255 postsPage 11 of 13
1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13