255 postsPage 3 of 13
1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 13
jazzundso wrote
madsvigeholm wroteI think you are doing a great job!!! Free 5.× update is a great and customer friendly move 👍.. sure there a bugs, new...
Which new bugs are you experiencing so far? Can you give more details about them?

Well so far only olb bugs.. ex when playing back, recorded tracks sometimes doesn't play and I have to stop and start again before everything plays.. but compared to the daily crashes I had with pro tools (still no monterey support btw) this is nothing. I have used studio one for about 3 years now and I've only experienced two crashes.. not a flow killer and therefore by far my favorite daw. Other posts on this forum shows more and different bugs - annoying and
frustrating workarounds needed - but for me personally I can live with my stuff and workarounds as long as it is stable and doesn't crash. I get my work done in studio one ;)

Imac 27 2015 3,2 Ghz Intel
core i5 24 Gb 1873 DDR3 Ram
Mac OsX Monterey 12.1
Zoom Tac-2 tb
Studio One 5.5.2
by ericma2 on Wed Jan 12, 2022 4:21 pm
madsvigeholm wrote
jazzundso wrote
madsvigeholm wroteI think you are doing a great job!!! Free 5.× update is a great and customer friendly move 👍.. sure there a bugs, new...
Which new bugs are you experiencing so far? Can you give more details about them?

Well so far only olb bugs.. ex when playing back, recorded tracks sometimes doesn't play and I have to stop and start again before everything plays.. but compared to the daily crashes I had with pro tools (still no monterey support btw) this is nothing. I have used studio one for about 3 years now and I've only experienced two crashes.. not a flow killer and therefore by far my favorite daw. Other posts on this forum shows more and different bugs - annoying and
frustrating workarounds needed - but for me personally I can live with my stuff and workarounds as long as it is stable and doesn't crash. I get my work done in studio one ;)

Yeah my recorded tracks sometimes doesn't playback either! I thought maybe my hard drives were being weird so I never bothered to open a ticket. Same here with Pro Tools... not so much crashing but it being a resource hog and the latency compensation just isn't that great or not there when it comes to hardware inserts. Some days S1 doesn't crash and other days it'll crash 4 to 5 times in the day. I'm still good with S1 though.

2013 Mac Pro Trashcan 8 Core 64 GB Ram
macOS Monterey 12.7.3
Studio One 6.5.2
Pro Tools 21.12 <- Finally left Pro Tools - THANKS S1!!!!
Euphonix Artist Mix firmware 1.5.6.0
Eucon v4.8.3
by PreAl on Wed Jan 12, 2022 4:57 pm
madsvigeholm wroteWell so far only olb bugs.. ex when playing back, recorded tracks sometimes doesn't play and I have to stop and start again before everything plays..

I've seen this issue with other DAWs. Make sure you are on the latest up to date drivers. With Focusrite what often clears this thing for me is fully uninstalling their drivers, rebooting and then installing them again + reboot. Another thing to do is make sure your antivirus paths are excluded from your project folders and Studio One processes.

Intel i9 9900K (Gigabyte Z390 DESIGNARE motherboard), 32GB RAM, EVGA Geforce 1070 (Nvidia drivers).
Dell Inspiron 7591 (2 in 1) 16Gb.
Studio One Pro 6.x, Windows 11 Pro 64 bit, also running it on Mac OS Catalina via dual boot (experimental).
Presonus Quantum 2626, Presonus Studio 26c, Focusrite Saffire Pro 40, Faderport Classic (1.45), Atom SQ, Atom Pad, Maschine Studio, Octapad SPD-30, Roland A300, a number of hardware synths.
by juvandes on Wed Jan 12, 2022 5:02 pm
madsvigeholm wrote
jazzundso wrote

Yes... This issue remains : :(

Macbook Pro i9 32gb|Studio One 6.5.2|Protools 2023|Cubase Pro 12|Wavelab 11|Logic X|Apollo X8|2xUAD-2 Octo
UAD 11.0.1|Waves14| Soundtoys| Melodyne 5.3.1| Softube| PluginAlliance| Fabfilter| Sonnox| Eventide| Antares
by ericma2 on Wed Jan 12, 2022 5:09 pm
PreAl wrote
madsvigeholm wroteWell so far only olb bugs.. ex when playing back, recorded tracks sometimes doesn't play and I have to stop and start again before everything plays..

I've seen this issue with other DAWs. Make sure you are on the latest up to date drivers. With Focusrite what often clears this thing for me is fully uninstalling their drivers, rebooting and then installing them again + reboot. Another thing to do is make sure your antivirus paths are excluded from your project folders and Studio One processes.

Not dismissing what you're suggesting but I've never had this happen in Logic or Pro Tools. It only happens with recorded tracks. So for me, I only record vocals and the vocal tracks are the only tracks affected. When this issue happens it doesn't cut out while it's playing. It doesn't play to begin with. I have to stop S1 and play again and then it'll play back the vocal track.

macOS Monterey 12.7.3
Studio One 6.5.2
Eucon v4.8.3
by jonking3 on Wed Jan 12, 2022 5:20 pm
I'm not seeing much love for 5.5 in this thread. Have they dropped the baby on its head?
by kisnou on Wed Jan 12, 2022 5:32 pm
madsvigeholm wrote
jazzundso wrote

ex when playing back, recorded tracks sometimes doesn't play and I have to stop and start again before everything plays..

That happens to me as well, even in quite lightweight projects..
It's not as annoying as the playback line/cursor completely disappearing when using studio one with custom scaling options, such as 110% for example, which is how I set my windows.

Maybe an indipendent scaling would be nice too.

Presonus Featured Artist (Italy)
My Latest Feature Requests :arrow:
https://answers.presonus.com/73692/s1-essential-feature-plugin-racks
https://answers.presonus.com/72506/zoom-to-selection-improvement-vote-if-you-agree
Studio One Pro 6
Win10 - AMD Ryzen 9 5900X - 32gb ram DDR4
Gigabyte RTX 3060
Interface: Focusrite 18i20 3rd gen
Prophet XL + KeyStep Pro
Atom SQ
Revelator
by PreAl on Wed Jan 12, 2022 5:45 pm
kisnou wroteThat happens to me as well, even in quite lightweight projects..

And all three of us have Focusrite interfaces (try my last comment). Regardless could happen with other interfaces. Anyway worth ruling out drivers and antivirus, I'm not say it's not a S1 bug, but like I say I've had success fixing this sort of issue.

Intel i9 9900K (Gigabyte Z390 DESIGNARE motherboard), 32GB RAM, EVGA Geforce 1070 (Nvidia drivers).
Studio One Pro 6.x, Windows 11 Pro 64 bit, also running it on Mac OS Catalina via dual boot (experimental).
Presonus Quantum 2626, Presonus Studio 26c, Focusrite Saffire Pro 40, Faderport Classic (1.45), Atom SQ, Atom Pad, Maschine Studio, Octapad SPD-30, Roland A300, a number of hardware synths.
by Lokeyfly on Wed Jan 12, 2022 10:13 pm
I haven't read any of this 5.5 discussion thread, so pardon if it was mentioned but frozen (stuck) instrument notes are back. Just sayin'

They were created tonight while I was creating a new instrument part and two notes became stuck. I had to delete them, then redraw them (or cut and undo). Same as what has previously been found by many.

Just simple add in one by one notes, no scaled, shuffle chord creations. Simple notes. Nothing up my sleeves, nuttin'

Ah, I see now also noted by stignielsen

stignielsen wroteThe stuck Midi notes is still there.
If you leave an event with a midi note still selected, then when you return you can't move it or deselect it. You have to ctrl+x and ctrl-z on this event and you can edit again. But it is really annoying as I spend 90% of my time in Studio One editing Midi. And I hardly ever do anything related to the updates.

Beta testing, here we come.

S1-6.2.1, HP Omen 17" i7 10th Gen, 32 GB,512 GB TLC M.2 (SSD),1 TB SSD. Win10 Pro, Audient iD14 MkII, Roland JV90, NI S49 MkII, Atom SQ, FP 8, Roland GR-50 & Octapad. MOTU MIDI Express XT. HR824, Yamaha HS-7, NS-1000M, Yamaha Promix 01, Rane HC-6, etc.

New song "Our Time"
https://youtu.be/BqOZ4-0iY1w?si=_uwmgRBv3N4VwJlq

Visit my You Tube Channel
https://youtube.com/@jamesconraadtucker ... PA5dM01GF7

Latest song releases on Bandcamp -

Latest albums on iTunes

All works registered copyright ©️
by Steve Carter on Wed Jan 12, 2022 11:20 pm
Mmm - Focusrite user here and same occasional occurrence of the dropped track playback! Just assumed it was a system glitch somewhere and learned to live with it as start/stop usually clears it - maybe it is a Focusrite foible, good spot….

Windows 10 Pro/i7 6800k @3.4Ghz/16Gb ram. Studio One 6 Pro, Melodyne Editor, Vocalign Project 5, Superior Drummer 3, Izotope Music Production Suite 6, Komplete 13 and various other plugins. Focusrite Saffire Pro 40, Faderport, Focal Alpha 50's, Korg Pa3x, Korg Pad Kontrol, numerous guitars, basses & other antiquated outboard gear.
Maybe one day I'll actually finish a project!
by dlrange on Thu Jan 13, 2022 8:35 am
anyone notice new strum timing is off or am I missing something
by Tmothy on Thu Jan 13, 2022 8:56 am
I would love to try Studio One 5.5 but it won't open because it hangs on my plugin scan at Vocalign project. I don't use that plugin often, but would hate to loose it. I created a dump report but haven't sent it out.
I never had this issue in version 5, so it must be something new.
-Tim
by tomscheutzlich on Thu Jan 13, 2022 9:08 am
You might update VocAlign to the latest version as Studio One 5.5 uses the latest ARA SDK.

Tom Scheutzlich
QA Manager, PreSonus Software Ltd, Hamburg, Germany
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
MacBook Air (M2, 2022), Lenovo ThinkPad E15 G4 Ryzen 7 dual boot Win 11 + Ubuntu Studio 23.10 / Mac mini (M1, 2020) / Samsung U32J59x 31,5" 4K (3840 × 2160) / macOS 14 Beta Path / PreSonus ioStation24c / Korg MS-20 + SQ-1 / moog Opus 3 / Arturia Minibrute / misc plugs
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
some audible fun stuff: https://soundcloud.com/317wurst/tracks
by kisnou on Thu Jan 13, 2022 9:33 am
Steve Carter wroteMmm - Focusrite user here and same occasional occurrence of the dropped track playback! Just assumed it was a system glitch somewhere and learned to live with it as start/stop usually clears it - maybe it is a Focusrite foible, good spot….

I really don't think it's related to the interface, even if I also have a Focusrite. It would happen in other DAWs, but I have tested it in Ableton and I haven't experienced that problem so far. Would be nice to get to the root of this issue..

Presonus Featured Artist (Italy)
My Latest Feature Requests :arrow:
https://answers.presonus.com/73692/s1-essential-feature-plugin-racks
https://answers.presonus.com/72506/zoom-to-selection-improvement-vote-if-you-agree
Studio One Pro 6
Win10 - AMD Ryzen 9 5900X - 32gb ram DDR4
Gigabyte RTX 3060
Interface: Focusrite 18i20 3rd gen
Prophet XL + KeyStep Pro
Atom SQ
Revelator
by PreAl on Thu Jan 13, 2022 9:40 am
kisnou wrote
Steve Carter wroteMmm - Focusrite user here and same occasional occurrence of the dropped track playback! Just assumed it was a system glitch somewhere and learned to live with it as start/stop usually clears it - maybe it is a Focusrite foible, good spot….

I really don't think it's related to the interface, even if I also have a Focusrite. It would happen in other DAWs, but I have tested it in Ableton and I haven't experienced that problem so far. Would be nice to get to the root of this issue..

DAWs interact and hook up in different ways with the drivers, driver config/libraries sometimes needs refreshing, and antivirus can lock files... The only way to rule this out is to follow my original advice and see if it happens again, which it may well do.

by seanrowley on Thu Jan 13, 2022 10:58 am
***EDIT***
Solved it!
Thanks to all that helped. It turns out that in all instances there were sections at the tail end of the audio that were causing a 666 error. They weren't a problem in 5.4, but I was able to trim the audio and get everything working in 5.5

Original post below:

Having a pretty serious problem right out of the gate and had to roll back to 5.4.

"PLUG-IN has been deactivated because it produced invalid data"

I can't find any documentation on this, and it was not happening in the same sessions under 5.4.

I'll open a support ticket, but wanted to post here in case anyone else is having this problem.

Screen Shot 2022-01-13 at 8.55.44 AM.png

Attachments
Screen Shot 2022-01-13 at 8.55.59 AM.png
Last edited by seanrowley on Fri Jan 14, 2022 10:36 am, edited 2 times in total.

2017 iMac 4.2 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7
Mac OS Monterey 12.1
Studio One 5.4
by j0001s on Thu Jan 13, 2022 10:59 am
kisnou wrote

It started happening with me as well sometime during the 5 release cycle. Can't remember exactly when. It's not an all or nothing thing with the audio tracks - sometimes it's a few tracks only that don't play.

It doesn't happen enough that I've bothered to track it down. FWIW, I do usually run small buffers, and medium and larger dropout protection.

And I run a Quantum interface.

If I was looking to track it down, I'd experiment with buffer size, dropout protection settings, record/monitor enable/disable, and "Z".
by ericma2 on Thu Jan 13, 2022 11:12 am
Weird bug last night. I took a mid session nap for a couple hours. Woke up and got back in the session. Computer was on the whole time. One of my vocal tracks was suddenly missing all (about 10) of its' automation lanes. Another recorded stereo track was missing it's one automation lane. I can tell automation was still going per the plugins the automations belong to, but I could not find the lanes anywhere! I freaked out a little because that was a lot of work. I tried adding new automation to those tracks hoping the existing lanes would just popup (that was a beginner's trick I used to do to find automation lanes for BUS tracks) but that didn't work. It just added the new automation lane. I checked the undo history and didn't see anything weird. I had saved the session before I took a nap so I decided to just close the session without saving it. Closed and reopened Studio One, then then the session... and thank goodness the lanes are all back. Whew. Not sure what happened there. Hopefully that was one of those weird computer/software anomalies.

Anyway, that prompted me to test out Cubase (which I used back when it was Cubase 4) and wow, the grass is greener but I can't seem to throw a tent on this field right now. I'm gonna stick with Studio One for now.

macOS Monterey 12.7.3
Studio One 6.5.2
Eucon v4.8.3
by ericma2 on Thu Jan 13, 2022 11:20 am
j0001s wrote
kisnou wrote

It started happening with me as well sometime during the 5 release cycle. Can't remember exactly when. It's not an all or nothing thing with the audio tracks - sometimes it's a few tracks only that don't play.

It doesn't happen enough that I've bothered to track it down. FWIW, I do usually run small buffers, and medium and larger dropout protection.

And I run a Quantum interface.

If I was looking to track it down, I'd experiment with buffer size, dropout protection settings, record/monitor enable/disable, and "Z".

Yeah I was automating Acon DeClick last night. Doing some Bypass automation of the plugin and this bug was happening a lot to the audio track the plugin is on. It's almost like S1 can't process/buffer the audio fast enough so it can't play it until I stop and play again.

macOS Monterey 12.7.3
Studio One 6.5.2
Eucon v4.8.3
by PreAl on Thu Jan 13, 2022 11:21 am
seanrowley wroteHaving a pretty serious problem right out of the gate and had to roll back to 5.4.

"PLUG-IN has been deactivated because it produced invalid data"

I can't find any documentation on this, and it was not happening in the same sessions under 5.4.

I'll open a support ticket, but wanted to post here in case anyone else is having this problem.

Please update your signature showing your specs.
If it's windows make sure windows update is up to date.
This is a waves plugin, that where you problem is:
https://www.waves.com/plugins/cla-mixdown

Make sure you run waves central and update your plugins (have you had 666 issues in the past?). Then try it again. Otherwise try a different plugin.
Last edited by PreAl on Thu Jan 13, 2022 11:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

255 postsPage 3 of 13
1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 13