255 postsPage 7 of 13
1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 13
On topic.

Relocated for visibility

Lokeyfly wroteHere's a 5.5 Projects only deviation I just noticed, and inherently a minor bug that needs correction. I proofed it out again this morning,so you guys can verify for me if the opprtunity is there. Thanks ahead.

In song mode, I added the Pro EQ, and created from default some frequency adjustments. I stored my Preset "songnane". This stores the file at: Studio One/Presets/Presonus/Pro EQ/songname.preset. That's the default location. All good, business as usual.

I liked that Preset and wanted to use its curve in my Project, so I went to the Project page, and to the same song (doesn't matter, really as the preset can be called up in any song), loaded Pro EQ, and proceeded to load that Preset (import will also load the Preset). What occurred was the Preset loaded fine, however only the nodes were displayed of the Q, dB, and frequency location. The white line curve remains flat at 0 dB. If I adjust any node, even [control + z] back, the curve will update to that single band only. I have to nudge each of the bands nodes to get back what should have been initially pre drawn upon opening the Preset.

This morning I thought, let me try another song and see what will happen when I recall that very same Preset. It worked fine!. So I then opened my projects page, and tried to recall the Pro EQ preset in another song. Same error. Nodes are there but no curve of the respective bands. It stays flat at zero.

So depending on verification or visibility here, I may re post in the general forum with this subject more visible.

Just sharing in the know. Maybe it's already been noted. I hope someone in Q.C. is capturing all such subtle issues.

Further information reveals its on many Pro EQ Presets, both saved and standard Studio One Presets. It also crops up on the Songs Page. It impacts the EQ until the curve is drawn properly.

The link is here where there was further discussion and screenshots.. [Thank you Patrickviens]
Please update this quickly as obviously a large number of people use Pro EQ in Studio One!
Thank You.
James
https://forums.presonus.com/viewtopic.php?f=151&t=47414&p=278021#p278021
Last edited by Lokeyfly on Sat Jan 22, 2022 11:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

S1-6.2.1, HP Omen 17" i7 10th Gen, 32 GB,512 GB TLC M.2 (SSD),1 TB SSD. Win10 Pro, Audient iD14 MkII, Roland JV90, NI S49 MkII, Atom SQ, FP 8, Roland GR-50 & Octapad. MOTU MIDI Express XT. HR824, Yamaha HS-7, NS-1000M, Yamaha Promix 01, Rane HC-6, etc.

New song "Our Time"
https://youtu.be/BqOZ4-0iY1w?si=_uwmgRBv3N4VwJlq

Visit my You Tube Channel
https://youtube.com/@jamesconraadtucker ... PA5dM01GF7

Latest song releases on Bandcamp -

Latest albums on iTunes

All works registered copyright ©️
by kisnou on Sat Jan 22, 2022 8:49 am
roland1 wroteNow that our demons have been exorcised, I hope that the Presonites back in my homeland are fixing the stuck MIDI notes problem.

Also, some of my keyboard commands are not working - track resize. I reset the toolbar...maybe that messed it up; but it shouldn't. Anyone else experiencing a shortcuts issue?

I have experienced a few weird things but I haven't tested them enough to make a report. I honestly had no patience to do that, was kinda feeling frustrated.

Do you mean when you set the track height to different sizes? Such as medium, small, etc?

Presonus Featured Artist (Italy)
My Latest Feature Requests :arrow:
https://answers.presonus.com/73692/s1-essential-feature-plugin-racks
https://answers.presonus.com/72506/zoom-to-selection-improvement-vote-if-you-agree
Studio One Pro 6
Win10 - AMD Ryzen 9 5900X - 32gb ram DDR4
Gigabyte RTX 3060
Interface: Focusrite 18i20 3rd gen
Prophet XL + KeyStep Pro
Atom SQ
Revelator
by roland1 on Sat Jan 22, 2022 8:58 am
Lokefly: THAT sounds like a serious issue — seems that a few glitches have been introduced in this new update.

Kisnou: Yes, I'm talking about the "small, medium, large, supersized" track height setting.

I updated to 5.5 and then hit my usual reset to "normal" track height button and it didn't work for the first time in years. I was also experimenting with the navigation essentials toolbar, so I thought I might have messed something up there (it requires an extension and some macros to be imported, so I suspected this first).

I have no idea. :| The commands still show up in the shortcuts assignment window as though they are ready to work. But they don't. I blame God — He should have seen this coming. [ :) ]

Studio One Pro (v5) on i7 7700 win10 PC w16GB RAM and a Mac Pro Tower (w/RME & Focusrite interfaces.)

I use S1 as an author/musician/multi-media artist.
My work includes the newly released: Clearing a Path to Joy (And finding contentment along the way) [AuroraSkyPublishing.com]
and my upcoming music video, Too Big To Fail, which introduces Citizen Based Social Planning — "the next step in the evolution of democracy." You know...typical everyday stuff. :)
by Lokeyfly on Sat Jan 22, 2022 9:54 am
roland1 wroteLokefly: THAT sounds like a serious issue — seems that a few glitches have been introduced in this new update.

Hi Roland. Yes definately it's serious, as would be any issues we all find. I'm glad people such as yourself see the importance of it, come in and ask about it.

I'm sure it's being noted by Presonus, which is why I updated further findings here in the official discussion thread. The updated info shows Pro EQ needs attention not just loading presets in the Project Page, but it also has some inconsistencies in the Song Page. Something I wouldn't wait on. ;)

I know updates have deadlines, but it seems to me there should be aside from the new feature beta testing going on, that better pre release product proofing should happen. i.e. screening of routine usage before final release. That before announcing release.
It's quite an Impact otherwise.

S1-6.2.1, HP Omen 17" i7 10th Gen, 32 GB,512 GB TLC M.2 (SSD),1 TB SSD. Win10 Pro, Audient iD14 MkII, Roland JV90, NI S49 MkII, Atom SQ, FP 8, Roland GR-50 & Octapad. MOTU MIDI Express XT. HR824, Yamaha HS-7, NS-1000M, Yamaha Promix 01, Rane HC-6, etc.

New song "Our Time"

Latest albums on iTunes

by Lokeyfly on Sat Jan 22, 2022 1:06 pm
roland1 wroteNow that our demons have been exorcised, I hope that the Presonites back in my homeland are fixing the stuck MIDI notes problem.

Also, some of my keyboard commands are not working - track resize. I reset the toolbar...maybe that messed it up; but it shouldn't. Anyone else experiencing a shortcuts issue?

Oh, and on the bright side: two great "unofficial" additions to this DAW are the Color Toolbar (2.73) and the recently released "navigation essentials" toolbar. If anyone reading this hasn't discovered them yet, I'd suggest you search them out. Very useful indeed.

Bouncing this for visibility.
I noticed some missing key commands as well. I have them from a backup but I'd like to think the update didn't over write such things. So yes on the shortcuts issue. I'll look further to see if it's some or all of mine. Thanks Roland!

New song "Our Time"

Latest albums on iTunes

by Lokeyfly on Sat Jan 22, 2022 2:48 pm
Here's a breif list of noted issues by users in Studio One 5.5 from this thread. Not listed are plugin, startup, playback "crackle" or related issues.

This is a consolidated list. It is not a defacto bug list and was created for visibility purposes only. Its from the last 7 pages. If you have an issue, by all means report it here anyway, but hopefully the list minimizes reported novels (you know, Iike what I tend to do). Cheers!

Studio One 5.5 noted issues:
*Instrument notes - Still frozen as previously v5.3
Instrument notes - some additional dragging/non playback issues.
*Pro EQ - preset redraw inconsistent.
*Shortcuts - missing i.e. track ht, Zoom all (verifying)
*Zoom/magnifying glass issues on both Win/Mac
*Update loudness - at times, unable to
Additionally, no possibility to recalculate LUFS after fadeout using automation.(verifying).
*Undo - Control + Z NG.evidentally. (verifying).
*Clipping - main output is clipping @ 0 dB (Master & Listen Bus. (2 separate reportings) had to lower fader to -0.1 (may or not be relevant).
Last edited by Lokeyfly on Sat Jan 22, 2022 3:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

New song "Our Time"

Latest albums on iTunes

by PreAl on Sat Jan 22, 2022 2:58 pm
Lokeyfly wroteI know updates have deadlines, but it seems to me there should be aside from the new feature beta testing going on, that better pre release product proofing should happen. i.e. screening of routine usage before final release. That before announcing release.

I just treat major x.x.0 releases like betas. Saves a lot of hassle.

Intel i9 9900K (Gigabyte Z390 DESIGNARE motherboard), 32GB RAM, EVGA Geforce 1070 (Nvidia drivers).
Dell Inspiron 7591 (2 in 1) 16Gb.
Studio One Pro 6.x, Windows 11 Pro 64 bit, also running it on Mac OS Catalina via dual boot (experimental).
Presonus Quantum 2626, Presonus Studio 26c, Focusrite Saffire Pro 40, Faderport Classic (1.45), Atom SQ, Atom Pad, Maschine Studio, Octapad SPD-30, Roland A300, a number of hardware synths.
by kisnou on Sat Jan 22, 2022 3:09 pm
PreAl wrote
Lokeyfly wroteI know updates have deadlines, but it seems to me there should be aside from the new feature beta testing going on, that better pre release product proofing should happen. i.e. screening of routine usage before final release. That before announcing release.

I just treat major x.x.0 releases like betas. Saves a lot of hassle.

The thing is, it shouldn't be considered a beta. In fact Presonus themselves say it's safe to upgrade.
If a major release can cause so many bugs, why release it in the first place?

https://answers.presonus.com/72506/zoom-to-selection-improvement-vote-if-you-agree
Studio One Pro 6
Gigabyte RTX 3060
Prophet XL + KeyStep Pro
Atom SQ
Revelator
by PreAl on Sat Jan 22, 2022 3:47 pm
Well maybe it shouldn't, but it is basically the reality nowadays with most software using the agile development process and limited resources. The mantra they use for this is "release early, release often".

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Agile_sof ... evelopment

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Release_e ... ease_often

Beta testing has limited milage. The wider the user base the wider the scope of testing.

You can avoid most pain by never adopting the first version of anything regardless. I did not install windows 10 for at least a year after release for instance. All I read was complaints about windows 10 for that year, while the bugs were ironed out, and I avoided a lot of potential pain. Windows 10 has worked great for me. I will probably avoid Windows 11 until 2023.

Intel i9 9900K (Gigabyte Z390 DESIGNARE motherboard), 32GB RAM, EVGA Geforce 1070 (Nvidia drivers).
Studio One Pro 6.x, Windows 11 Pro 64 bit, also running it on Mac OS Catalina via dual boot (experimental).
Presonus Quantum 2626, Presonus Studio 26c, Focusrite Saffire Pro 40, Faderport Classic (1.45), Atom SQ, Atom Pad, Maschine Studio, Octapad SPD-30, Roland A300, a number of hardware synths.
by roland1 on Sat Jan 22, 2022 4:05 pm
I guess we're not that smart then? And even dumber for mentioning our problems with the 5.5 update?

[Sometimes I wish the mods would let me off my leash. :D Ahwoooooooooo.]

Studio One Pro (v5) on i7 7700 win10 PC w16GB RAM and a Mac Pro Tower (w/RME & Focusrite interfaces.)

My work includes the newly released: Clearing a Path to Joy (And finding contentment along the way) [AuroraSkyPublishing.com]
and my upcoming music video, Too Big To Fail, which introduces Citizen Based Social Planning — "the next step in the evolution of democracy." You know...typical everyday stuff. :)
by PreAl on Sat Jan 22, 2022 4:15 pm
roland1 wroteI guess we're not that smart then? And even dumber for mentioning our problems with the 5.5 update?

Your words not mine.

If everybody avoided major releases like I mostly do then the regression bugs wouldn't get fixed. It's a dirty job and somebody has got to do it. Thankyou for your service.

by roland1 on Sat Jan 22, 2022 5:08 pm
PreAl wrote
roland1 wroteI guess we're not that smart then? And even dumber for mentioning our problems with the 5.5 update?

Your words not mine.

If everybody avoided major releases like I mostly do then the regression bugs wouldn't get fixed. It's a dirty job and somebody has got to do it. Thankyou for your service.

Your attitude, not mine.

Personally, I have to wonder how much work you can get done on your music if all you do is post here all day long. Maybe this explains your indifference as to whether Studio One updates work or not. Just a lucky guess.
Last edited by roland1 on Sat Jan 22, 2022 5:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

by PreAl on Sat Jan 22, 2022 5:17 pm
PreAl wroteYour words not mine.

Many apologies for me avoiding major releases then, clearly that's a terrible thing.

Funny how you can just cherry pick anything in bold. Guess it beats misquoting or editing quotes.

And I'm here in the hope that 5.5.1 will be a very stable release that I can use in production, the feedback has been pretty good so far.
Last edited by PreAl on Sat Jan 22, 2022 5:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

by roland1 on Sat Jan 22, 2022 5:22 pm
It's a teaching moment, PreAI. I'm highlighting how you try to set yourself above others. I don't want to couch analyze you here, but I suspect you have low self-esteem issues that you make up for by being overbearing with your righteous attitude / need to win.

You're basically insinuating that we're all suckers for updating.

[Mods, you can delete after he reads this. :) ]
Last edited by roland1 on Sat Jan 22, 2022 5:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

by roland1 on Sat Jan 22, 2022 5:23 pm
Now how about those bug reports? Huh? Anyone using the latest update? Please reply.

by PreAl on Sat Jan 22, 2022 5:28 pm
roland1 wroteIt's a teaching moment, PreAI. I'm highlighting how you try to set yourself above others. I don't want to couch analyze you here, but I suspect you have low self-esteem issues that you make up for by being overbearing with your righteous attitude / need to win.

And yet I wrote:

It's a dirty job and somebody has got to do it. Thankyou for your service.

And I didn't write or think you were suckers at all. You just made that up.

So you're here to teach me... Gotcha. Once again many thanks for your service. If there is some competition going on that I'm unaware about, I'm very happy to award you first prize. Have a nice day.
Last edited by PreAl on Sat Jan 22, 2022 5:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

by roland1 on Sat Jan 22, 2022 5:30 pm
You should read my posts before you reply. I think it's also worth noting that we all have differing opinions here, not only of others, but also of ourselves. I gave you the chance to see yourself through my eyes. That's all.

by kisnou on Sat Jan 22, 2022 5:48 pm
PreAl wrote
roland1 wroteIt's a teaching moment, PreAI. I'm highlighting how you try to set yourself above others. I don't want to couch analyze you here, but I suspect you have low self-esteem issues that you make up for by being overbearing with your righteous attitude / need to win.

And yet I wrote:

It's a dirty job and somebody has got to do it. Thankyou for your service.

And I didn't write or think you were suckers at all. You just made that up.

So you're here to teach me... Gotcha. Once again many thanks for your service. If there is some competition going on that I'm unaware about, I'm very happy to award you first prize. Have a nice day.

Dude please, stop.. If there was a discussion in this forum, you were involved (as far as I've seen). I don't want to be rude but sometimes you just gotta stop. Let us discuss about what really matters, since we are the ones reporting bugs here.. Thank you

Studio One Pro 6
Gigabyte RTX 3060
Prophet XL + KeyStep Pro
Atom SQ
Revelator
by PreAl on Sat Jan 22, 2022 5:59 pm
roland1 wroteYou should read my posts before you reply. I think it's also worth noting that we all have differing opinions here, not only of others, but also of ourselves. I gave you the chance to see yourself through my eyes. That's all.

Seems like you are trying to change the context of a sentence by highlighting select words bold.

Seems like you are once again trying to put words into my mouth. I've never ever said or thought anybody were suckers. You just made that up in your head.

Seems like you are totally ignoring when somebody is actually genuinely thanking you and others. Without bug reports we would never get a decent 5.5.1.

Anybody else fancy having a go at me please go right ahead.. happy to be your punch bag of your fraustrations for the day.

by roland1 on Sat Jan 22, 2022 6:10 pm
PreAl wrote [KERSNIPPITY SNIP]
Seems like you are totally ignoring when somebody is actually genuinely thanking you and others. Without bug reports we would never get a decent 5.5.1.

Anybody else fancy having a go at me please go right ahead.. [KERSNAPPITY SNAP]]

I've been around a lot of nice people who have thanked me for one reason or another. But it always feels different than when you do it. Maybe it's just me...

255 postsPage 7 of 13
1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 13