6 posts
Page 1 of 1
I did something stupid yesterday during a session (not sure what) while consulting the manual from the Help menu, and somehow the file StudioOne5ReferenceManual.htm got removed from the program. I have it here on my desktop, but in the meantime the manual is just a white page.

I've tried re-installing the manual from the Studio One Installation screen, but that doesn't do anything and says the manual is already installed. I'm assuming the file I accidentally yanked out of the program is the html link for the Help page to find the manual. I tried putting it back in the Library/Application Support/Presonus/Studio One 5/Extensions folder and re-starting, but no luck.

Hopefully one of you has done this bonehead move before and can point me toward the solution.

Peter

MacBook Pro 15,1 2.3GHz
Monterey 12.6.2
Studio One 6.0.2
StudioLive 32R
Faderport 16
ATOM
by SwitchBack on Tue Dec 07, 2021 2:22 pm
Maybe re-install it from S1’s custom installation menu? Installing the manual is optional there.
by peterbaird on Tue Dec 07, 2021 11:32 pm
Tried that. No dice. Looks like a re-install.

MacBook Pro 15,1 2.3GHz
Monterey 12.6.2
Studio One 6.0.2
StudioLive 32R
Faderport 16
ATOM
by roland1 on Wed Dec 08, 2021 10:13 am
[Just read your complete post - guess you did your due diligence.]

I'm not an expert in rummaging around in program folders, but depending on your platform, you might find out where that blank/corrupt file is and replace it. I can't imagine how it got mangled just by using the program. I'm thinking...mice. :D

But yeah, reinstall is the safest bet. But reinstall in a separate folder and name it Studio One 541 or something, to keep it separate. That way you can tell whether it's the app or the backend folders.

Studio One Pro (v5) on i7 7700 win10 PC w16GB RAM and a Mac Pro Tower (w/RME & Focusrite interfaces.)

I use S1 as an author/musician/multi-media artist.
My work includes the newly released: Clearing a Path to Joy (And finding contentment along the way) [AuroraSkyPublishing.com]
and my upcoming music video, Too Big To Fail, which introduces Citizen Based Social Planning — "the next step in the evolution of democracy." You know...typical everyday stuff. :)
by peterbaird on Tue Jan 11, 2022 11:18 pm
Installed 5.5, Installer asked me if I wanted the new manual, said yes, everything working again.

MacBook Pro 15,1 2.3GHz
Monterey 12.6.2
Studio One 6.0.2
StudioLive 32R
Faderport 16
ATOM
by Bbd on Wed Jan 12, 2022 8:38 am
Glad you got this sorted.

Bbd

OS: Win 10 x64 Home, Studio One Pro 6.x, Notion 6, Series III 24, Studio 192, Haswell CPU: i7 4790k @ 4.4GHz, RAM: 32GB, Faderport 8/16, Central Station +, PreSonus Sceptre S6, Eris 3.5, Temblor 10, ATOM, ATOM SQ

6 posts
Page 1 of 1