7 posts
Page 1 of 1
Scenario 1.
Song title: TurtlesAreNice
Open export mixdown window.
Filename is preset as "Mixdown".
Ok I change it to TurtlesAreNice and export.
Make some changes to song and open export mixdown again.
Filename is now Mixdown again.
Change filename to TurtlesAreNice. Export.
etc.

Scenario 2.
Song title has been changed to just "Turtles" and saved. I like that title better.
Open export mixdown window.
Filename is either Mixdown or still TurtlesAreNice.
Change it to Turtles and export audio mix.
Make some changes to song and open export mixdown window.
Filename is now again either Mixdown or still TurtlesAreNice.
etc.

Scenario 3.
I forgot to change filename from "Mixdown" for at few songs exports.
So now I have Mixdown.mp3, Mixdown(2).mp3 and Mixdown(1).mp3 in the export folder.
I forgot which is which.

This is all annoying and confusing for my workflow with many quick mixdown tests for multiple songs.
Sometimes it's stubborn or random, other times not. I don't get it.
I wish it would use either the song title or last used filename as default.
Or at least have a tickbox for that option.

Would also be nice if last used export location was default for every export after.
by Lokeyfly on Tue Dec 07, 2021 7:32 am
Hi makrelguf,

Scenario 1 - Just keep a one to one relationship. You're doing the right thing by changing "mixdown" to the song name. One step further might be change the name to your exact song name. So if the song is evolving to TutlesAreNice_1f.song, change your mixdown name to TurtlesAreNice_1f. That way, you never lose the relationship of your mixdown to that specific song saved. You may not use a suffix, but I'd highly recommend that you do. Song's evolve and accidently overwriting a song (or Auto saving) can be detrimental to many hours, days, weeks into a song. It's easy to do by copying the file name and pasting to the mixdown name. It's also recording 101 stuff (seriously). As you can see why. It makes for good housekeeping.

Scenario 2 - Changing the mixdown name to your song is just bad medicine if you're ever going to archive that song again, or even work on a few levels of it, days or weeks later. Best served if you rename the song and keep to that. Then follow with the same rename level (as in scenario 1).

Scenario 3 -OK, my brain hurts. :)

Also, if you rename "Mixdown", it will never show the title mixdown again.even if you Save As. It will always show the last name you changed it to. All the more reason to update that mixdown name with the right suffix or title that is understood to the filename you're working under.

S1-6.2.1, HP Omen 17" i7 10th Gen, 32 GB,512 GB TLC M.2 (SSD),1 TB SSD. Win10 Pro, Audient iD14 MkII, Roland JV90, NI S49 MkII, Atom SQ, FP 8, Roland GR-50 & Octapad. MOTU MIDI Express XT. HR824, Yamaha HS-7, NS-1000M, Yamaha Promix 01, Rane HC-6, etc.

New song "Our Time"
https://youtu.be/BqOZ4-0iY1w?si=_uwmgRBv3N4VwJlq

Visit my You Tube Channel
https://youtube.com/@jamesconraadtucker ... PA5dM01GF7

Latest song releases on Bandcamp -

Latest albums on iTunes

All works registered copyright ©️
by Tacman7 on Tue Dec 07, 2021 8:44 am
The last name I saved is still there always in my export mixdown dialog.

Have to see why that is...

Have you changed it in your templates?

But whatever I type in there, save the song, close it, open it up again, name same as I left it.

Good to put your specs in your signature, click below in my signature.

Forum Moderator.
Please add your specs to your SIGNATURE.
Search the STUDIO ONE 6 ONLINE MANUAL. Access your MY.PRESONUS account.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) One Sentence Description 2) Expected Results 3) Actual Results 4) Steps to Reproduce.

Studio OnePro6 Melodyne Studio
Win10 Ryzen 5 3600 - Motu M2
Ventura Mac Mini M2 - Zen Go TB
by makrelguf on Tue Dec 07, 2021 2:25 pm
No I haven't changed templates or anything like that.
It seems to be random or song specific.
I have one song that will not ever forget "Mixdown" as the filename (and no the song isn't titled Mixdown)
Some other song export remembers what I used last filename.
A third song export won't let go of a filename I used long time ago but changed away from since.
Very strange
Last edited by makrelguf on Tue Dec 07, 2021 2:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
by makrelguf on Tue Dec 07, 2021 2:28 pm
Lokeyfly wroteHi makrelguf,

Scenario 1 - Just keep a one to one relationship. You're doing the right thing by changing "mixdown" to the song name.

As I said, it's a pain to type in the filename each time I export something. I do it a lot.
It should be based on song title or previously used filename.
At least something like SongTitle_Mixdown.
by Lokeyfly on Tue Dec 07, 2021 6:28 pm
makrelguf wrote
Lokeyfly wroteHi makrelguf,

Scenario 1 - Just keep a one to one relationship. You're doing the right thing by changing "mixdown" to the song name.

As I said, it's a pain to type in the filename each time I export something. I do it a lot.
It should be based on song title or previously used filename.
At least something like SongTitle_Mixdown.

I can imagine. Like Tacman7, we're not experiencing that at all. Best to put your specs in your signature, and break the steps of the song down. Start small with a few tracks. Create a mixdown. Name it whatever. It should never change. If it does, something is going on that will take further investigating. It's not something that generally happens. We need more info, to further understand why that's occurring on you.

S1-6.2.1, HP Omen 17" i7 10th Gen, 32 GB,512 GB TLC M.2 (SSD),1 TB SSD. Win10 Pro, Audient iD14 MkII, Roland JV90, NI S49 MkII, Atom SQ, FP 8, Roland GR-50 & Octapad. MOTU MIDI Express XT. HR824, Yamaha HS-7, NS-1000M, Yamaha Promix 01, Rane HC-6, etc.

New song "Our Time"
https://youtu.be/BqOZ4-0iY1w?si=_uwmgRBv3N4VwJlq

Visit my You Tube Channel
https://youtube.com/@jamesconraadtucker ... PA5dM01GF7

Latest song releases on Bandcamp -

Latest albums on iTunes

All works registered copyright ©️
by lancebrown-ochs on Wed Dec 20, 2023 5:43 am
Hey, just wondering if you are still having this issue? It's been a source of frustration for me as well. It seems totally random whether or not the filename field is saved after I do an export. Sometimes it's the last name I used...other times it defaults back to Mixdown. Not the end of the world to re-type the name each time, but odd that it's not consistent.

7 posts
Page 1 of 1