3 posts
Page 1 of 1
Usually when you replace a instrument on a track in the arranger, the name doesn't change. However, sometimes it does. How can I get it so it always changes the name when replacing instrument?

Here's and example of when replacing an instrument (in this case these are kontakt presets with an instrument loaded in) changes the name.
https://gyazo.com/42f1b1c2001ede9f0ac6ccff5e85bba8

I just cant seem to figure out when it changes the name of the track and when it doesn't.

Best,
nordic

Ryzen 9 5900x
Corsair 2x 8Gb
Sabrent Rocket Q 2TB NVMe PCIe M.2
Windows 10
Studio ONE 5 Artist
Keystation MK3 88
by Tacman7 on Mon Dec 06, 2021 7:50 am
I think a lot has to do with the plugin and how they implemented it.

Like I replaced kontact with RealGuitar and it changed the name of the track, when I used undo to put kontact back it left the real guitar name. Just like you were changing voices in kontact and it didn't get a dialog.

When I switched from kontact to toontrack it loaded but didn't change the track name but it did get the dialog box.

When you change instruments from kontact to toontrack or realguitar S1 will ask you if you want to replace or combine.

You can also change instruments with the dropdown for instruments already being used.

Basically treat track naming as a separate operation from loading instruments.

Good to put your specs in your signature, click below in my signature.

Forum Moderator.
Please add your specs to your SIGNATURE.
Search the STUDIO ONE 6 ONLINE MANUAL. Access your MY.PRESONUS account.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) One Sentence Description 2) Expected Results 3) Actual Results 4) Steps to Reproduce.

Studio OnePro6 Melodyne Studio
Win10 Ryzen 5 3600 - Motu M2
Ventura Mac Mini M2 - Zen Go TB
by nordicdunn on Tue Dec 07, 2021 3:51 am
In the example Im replacing a kontakt instrument preset with a kontakt instrument preset. Usually that wont rename the track, but sometimes it does like in this example.

Bit of a mystery

Ryzen 9 5900x
Corsair 2x 8Gb
Sabrent Rocket Q 2TB NVMe PCIe M.2
Windows 10
Studio ONE 5 Artist
Keystation MK3 88

3 posts
Page 1 of 1