5 posts
Page 1 of 1
.... Without deleting other layers that exists in the same region but on a different lane.
Example:
Automating 2 sends level on an audio track in the same region on the time line. When I select multiple points for send 1 to delete it also deletes send 2. I'm not used to this coming from Pro Tools. Is this how Studio One handles automation? I thought maybe there's a modifier key I can hold when I hit delete so it preserves the other send's automation but I did not find anything in the manual. Are you guys deleting automation points one by one?

Delete an Automation Point
To delete an existing point on an automation envelope using the Arrow tool, first click on a point to select it. Then, press [Delete] on the
keyboard to delete the point. Alternatively, [Right]/[Ctrl]-click on any automation point and select Delete from the pop-up menu to delete
it.
Editing Multiple Points at Once
It is possible to simultaneously edit any number of points on an automation envelope. Using the Arrow tool, click in the Track Lane, away
from any existing automation point, and then drag to draw a selection box around the points you want to edit. You can also hold [Alt]/[Option] and click in empty space, or directly on a point, to select all points on the envelope from that point in time forward.
With multiple points selected, click-and-drag, using the Arrow tool, on any of the selected points, in order to move them all. Moving mul-
tiple points vertically to adjust the parameter values adjusts each parameter value relative to the point being moved.

2013 Mac Pro Trashcan 8 Core 64 GB Ram
macOS Monterey 12.7.3
Studio One 6.5.2
Pro Tools 21.12 <- Finally left Pro Tools - THANKS S1!!!!
Euphonix Artist Mix firmware 1.5.6.0
Eucon v4.8.3
by kisnou on Sun Dec 05, 2021 12:19 pm
Hello,

I'm not sure if I understood your question, attaching some screenshots might help.

You're saying that, for example, if I automate the Cutoff and Resonance of a synth plugin, you're not able to delete just one automation lane (e.g. Cutoff) but can only delete both of them?

I attached a screenshot, I can easily delete the points of one lane of the automation without affecting the other. But maybe I misunderstood your question?

Attachments
Screenshot_28.png

Presonus Featured Artist (Italy)
My Latest Feature Requests :arrow:
https://answers.presonus.com/73692/s1-essential-feature-plugin-racks
https://answers.presonus.com/72506/zoom-to-selection-improvement-vote-if-you-agree
Studio One Pro 6
Win10 - AMD Ryzen 9 5900X - 32gb ram DDR4
Gigabyte RTX 3060
Interface: Focusrite 18i20 3rd gen
Prophet XL + KeyStep Pro
Atom SQ
Revelator
by ericma2 on Tue Dec 14, 2021 12:15 pm
Ohh I didn't get a notification for your response. Yay! Thanks for taking the time!

Yes that's exactly what I'm saying. If the automation point exists at the same time. If I delete (highlight and delete) multiple points it will delete the other automation lane in the highlighted area.

Yes! Screen capture would be nice. Here you go:

Automation on "Superior Crush" track is Reverb On/Off. Automation on "SuperiorB" track is Send Pan. They both reside on the same track/lane in the arrange window. When I delete a highlighted section of the Reverb On/Off automation points on the Superior Crush track, it also deletes the same highlighted section of whatever automation point that exists in other tracks. So in this example it's the SuperiorB track. Which means for automation editing, I have to delete single points manually (doubling clicking) as oppose to highlighting and deleting.

Attachments

[ Play Quicktime file ] Automation Delete Points.mov [ 7.78 MiB | Viewed 1285 times ]

macOS Monterey 12.7.3
Studio One 6.5.2
Eucon v4.8.3
by ericma2 on Tue Dec 14, 2021 12:24 pm
Hmm I'm playing around with this a bit more and I think I get how Studio One handles automation editing. I have to edit the child lanes. If I highlight and delete anything in the parent lane, it will also delete the child lanes. This is a very weird way of working with automation but at least now I am aware of this and work around it.

EDIT
--
But the child lanes are not labeled to where they belong! Only "Send Mute". "Send Mute" from what track?!?!? Anyway, I know I have to post this in the features section.
--

Thank you!

macOS Monterey 12.7.3
Studio One 6.5.2
Eucon v4.8.3
by kisnou on Fri Dec 17, 2021 11:32 am
ericma2 wrote--
But the child lanes are not labeled to where they belong! Only "Send Mute". "Send Mute" from what track?!?!? Anyway, I know I have to post this in the features section.
--

Thank you!

Yep, you were creating a range on the group of automations I'm pretty sure.

However, you are correct about Sends and the way they are labeled. I wouldn't only post it in a features request section, I would also contact the Support team about this.
It's actually annoying when you have many sends and you don't know which one you are selecting, it shouldn't even be a feature request but something to report to the support team.

Presonus Featured Artist (Italy)
My Latest Feature Requests :arrow:
https://answers.presonus.com/73692/s1-essential-feature-plugin-racks
https://answers.presonus.com/72506/zoom-to-selection-improvement-vote-if-you-agree
Studio One Pro 6
Win10 - AMD Ryzen 9 5900X - 32gb ram DDR4
Gigabyte RTX 3060
Interface: Focusrite 18i20 3rd gen
Prophet XL + KeyStep Pro
Atom SQ
Revelator

5 posts
Page 1 of 1