2 posts
Page 1 of 1
Hello,

I am running into an issue where my recorded guitar track sounds fizzy and a little thin. This is happening both going from my kemper to my apollo interface and going direct into my apollo interface. When I go direct into the interface I am using the will putney plugin. Before I am recording I am hearing my guitar through the DAW and it sounds great. While I am recording the take the guitar sounds great. But then I listen back to the audio from the track and it sounds like it has a layer of fizz on it and it sounds thinner. My computer is good and only using 11% when recording and playing back so its not pushed hard at all. My preamp is still in the green at -9. But I am not understanding what is going on here. The guitar sounds great all other times even when tracking. When I try and look up a solution I can't find this exact question anywhere. Please help!

Thanks

Chris
by Tacman7 on Fri Dec 03, 2021 9:28 pm
So you're monitoring through the DAW, good to make sure that's all you're hearing...

Try turning the monitor button off on the audio track in S1 that you're using.

So you can hear no guitar? If you can still hear guitar then you're also monitoring through your interface maybe.

Main thing is monitoring doesn't sound the same as playback.

Some reason for that, it should sound the same.

Good to put your specs in your signature, click below in my signature.

Forum Moderator.
Please add your specs to your SIGNATURE.
Search the STUDIO ONE 6 ONLINE MANUAL. Access your MY.PRESONUS account.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) One Sentence Description 2) Expected Results 3) Actual Results 4) Steps to Reproduce.

Studio OnePro6 Melodyne Studio
Win10 Ryzen 5 3600 - Motu M2
Ventura Mac Mini M2 - Zen Go TB

2 posts
Page 1 of 1