4 posts
Page 1 of 1
I had been using Studio One since V3. After I updated to Studio One 4 I restructured my studio to the configuration given in my Sig. V4 recognized and allowed me to use the Focusrite Scarlett interface but would not recognize the iConnectivity mio XL interface. This caused me frustration since every other application I have run on the system that deals with MIDI has no problem seeing and using the MIDI interface. Since I couldn't get it to work, I migrated back to Cakewalk by Bandlab (I had decided to permanently move to Studio One after SONAR was discontinued). So, for about a year now, I have been using Cakewalk and Mixcraft 9 but missing Pro One. Tonight, on a lark, I decided to see if V5 fixed the MIDI issues with the iConnectivity interface so I installed the trial version of V5. Well, it appears that V5 has no problems using the mio and appears to fully support all of its MIDI connectivity options. However, no matter what I do I can't get Pro One to initialize and play with the Focusrite audio interface. Again, every other application that I have installed on the system has no problem with the Focusrite, and the other two DAWs have no problem accessing and using each of its 16 channels bidirectionally (I also tried Reaper somewhere along the way and it too had no problem with the Focusrite either). So, just when I thought it might be safe to dive back into the Pro One waters, I encounter another incompatibility obstacle that none of my other software applications appears to have. I hope there is a simple solution that I am overlooking and that I am making some kind of dumb mistake. Please help????

Computer: Win 10 Pro, ASRock X399 Taichi Motherboard, AMD Threadripper 1950x (16 core, 32 tread, stock clock), 64GB RAM, GeForce GTX 980 Ti, 3x NVMe 2TB, 4x SSD 4TB, 2x HDD.8TB

Audio Interface: Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 2Gen + Focusrite Scarlett OctoPre Slave (16 mono inputs)

MIDI Interface: iConnectivity mio XL

Master Controller: Kurzweil PC3K8 Other: Arturia KeyStep 37, ASM Hydrasynth, Korg Wavestate
by thomasforeman on Fri Dec 03, 2021 8:14 pm
Me, too!

Wish I had an answer. I just upgraded to a Scarlett 18i8 Gen 3 and am having the same problem. It replaced a 4i4, and S1 seems to know the new one is there but thinks that it has the same I/O. I can, for example, add new mono and stereo lanes for inputs 3-8 to the list but can't figure out how to activate them, probably because S1 thinks there's no such thing.

Any suggestions? I'm considering deleting the current interface in S1 and then trying to introduce it again, hoping it will use the new to populate I/O.

Thanks for any help, even if the answer makes me look stupid.

T

Windows 11 Pro 64; Lenovo ThinkCentre 720t; Intel I-7; 32GB; Studio One 6.1 and Sphere; Focusrite Scarlett 18i8; Yamaha MX61 kbd
by davidlarson6 on Fri Dec 03, 2021 9:33 pm
Assuming you've got the Scarlett set up as an audio interface in Setup, you need to go to the Song/Song Setup menu to set up the audio I/O, which can be different on a per-song basis. You can set the default there when you have it as you want it.

DKLarson

Windows 10, i9, 64GB, 3X 1TB SSDs; Macbook Pro M1 Pro, 32GB, 1TB SSD
Audient iD14, Atom SQ, Keystep 37, Studiologic SL88, Moog Sub Phatty, Kawai MP11SE, Roli Seaboard.
by thomasforeman on Fri Dec 03, 2021 11:23 pm
Thanks, DL6. I thought I knew that, but when I added new lanes to the matrix, they were grayed out. Now it's working! I don't know why, perhaps restarting S1 and Windows a couple of times magically invoked an update. Just like the way the program seemed to heal itself of a problem with it hanging on exit so that Task Master had to be invoked to kill it before it could run again. It's been happening off and on since 5.4.1 and now for the past several days no problemo. Magic!

T

Windows 11 Pro 64; Lenovo ThinkCentre 720t; Intel I-7; 32GB; Studio One 6.1 and Sphere; Focusrite Scarlett 18i8; Yamaha MX61 kbd

4 posts
Page 1 of 1