51 postsPage 3 of 3
1, 2, 3
Pulling this one back into current - has anyone noticed that ALL the Sphere specific content has - (at least for me) - disappeared in the News feed?

I was staring at the News feed a couple times this week - and then it just sorta hit me that I had not seen a single "Sphere-specific" blurb in there for a long long while.

Almost like something positive did come out of this discussion...?

Cheers

VP

DAW: Studio One Pro 6.5.1.96553 | Host OS: Windows 10 Pro 22H2 | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME z790-A | CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-13600K | RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | Graphics: Intel UHD 770 (HDMI) | Audio Interface: RME UCX II (v1.246) | OS Drive : Samsung 990 PRO (1TB) | Media Drive: Samsung 970 EVO Plus (500GB) | Libraries: Samsung 970 EVO+ (2TB) | Samples : Seagate FireCuda (2TB) | Monitoring: Presonus Monitor Station v2 + Presonus Eris 5 | MIDI Control: Native Instruments Komplete S61 & Presonus ATOM
by reggie1979beatz on Wed Aug 10, 2022 2:31 pm
EDIT:

After thinking this through a while I can relate to people that are not sphere members seeing a "sphere only" link that you might be interested in and being annoyed by it.

Also, I really should have known better than to respond to a thread that was "wake the dead" ;)

BUT (and a strong BUT) ... there is indeed WAY too much griping and complaining (whining :lol: ) about subs on the interwebz. If it doesn't work for you, fine. But those of us who like it, we collectively are tired of the bashing. It's really ridiculous.

And on the other side of the coin, personally, being a sub member, I'd like to see those options when I start Studio One.

Bye......:roll:
by graytermedia on Thu Aug 11, 2022 1:49 pm
This thread is interesting.

I can honestly say that I've never given that much thought to the ads on the Start page. Nuendo/Cubase does the same thing via the Steinberg Hub when launched. Avid does it via a separate "Avid Link" app (which is ridiculously invasive) and is reinstalled after every Pro Tools update. If you hate ads on the S1 Start page, you'd really hate Avid's app. Adobe does it too, so it's a sign of the times.

As a person who owns an S1 Pro license and has a Sphere sub, I guess it's not that big of a deal to me personally. I click on something if it interests me, and ignore the entire right side of the screen when I'm in work mode.

I also understand the promotional value (for Sphere) and see the feed in that manner. Yes, it's dangling a carrot, but that's every commercial, movie trailer, print ad, etc. I tune out commercial breaks when they come up on TV and am not bothered by them. I do the same with the S1 feed. It's only an issue if you make it one.

tg

Mac Studio (2022) M1 MAX / 64GB / 2TB HD / macOS Ventura 13.5.1 / RME BabyFace Pro FS / SSL UF8 + UF1 + UC1 / Roland SYSTEM 8 / Komplete S61 / Keylab 61 mkII / Studio One 6.2 / Pro Tools Studio 2023.9 / Nuendo 13 / Reaper 6 / UVI Falcon / Komplete 14 / Omnisphere / Keyscape / Trilian / V Collection 9
by Vocalpoint on Thu Aug 11, 2022 1:59 pm
graytermedia wroteIt's only an issue if you make it one.

Well - it seems it's not an issue anymore (at least here it's not).

There is no "Sphere" exclusive stuff showing anyway in my News feed now - all good by me.

VP

DAW: Studio One Pro 6.5.1.96553 | Host OS: Windows 10 Pro 22H2 | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME z790-A | CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-13600K | RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | Graphics: Intel UHD 770 (HDMI) | Audio Interface: RME UCX II (v1.246) | OS Drive : Samsung 990 PRO (1TB) | Media Drive: Samsung 970 EVO Plus (500GB) | Libraries: Samsung 970 EVO+ (2TB) | Samples : Seagate FireCuda (2TB) | Monitoring: Presonus Monitor Station v2 + Presonus Eris 5 | MIDI Control: Native Instruments Komplete S61 & Presonus ATOM
by garyshepherd on Thu Aug 11, 2022 2:05 pm
graytermedia wroteThis thread is interesting.

I also understand the promotional value (for Sphere) and see the feed in that manner. Yes, it's dangling a carrot, but that's every commercial, movie trailer, print ad, etc. I tune out commercial breaks when they come up on TV and am not bothered by them. I do the same with the S1 feed. It's only an issue if you make it one.

tg

It's not quite the same - we already own the licence so it's not a carrot or advert - when they promote videos explaining tips for Studio One users and then exclude licence holders who bought the software (some of us long ago), in favour of subscribers (who may have only just joined) then why put it on the News Feed? They know who the Sphere subs are, put it on the Sphere users page. That's all some of us are saying. The whys and wherefores of the subscriber model have already been discussed.....

Please note that I may express opinions that are different from yours but I do not intend to cause offence.
iMac 27" 3.3 GHz Intel Core i5, 32 GB Ram, Monterey 12.7, 64 bit, Studio One 6.5 Professional (always the latest) , Reason 11, Melodyne 5 Studio, Digital Performer 11.2, Korg Legacy Wavestation and M1, Arturia minimoog V, Helix Native 3.71, Bias FX 2 Elite, Superior Drummer 3, EZkeys, EZbass, Nektar Panorama T4, Motu M4, Faderport 2018, Gibson Les Paul Standard, James Tyler Variax JTV-59 and other gear.
by Vocalpoint on Thu Aug 11, 2022 2:07 pm
garyshepherd wrote They know who the Sphere subs are, put it on the Sphere users page. That's all some of us are saying. The whys and wherefores of the subscriber model have already been discussed.....

+100 Gary.

VP

by reggie1979beatz on Thu Aug 11, 2022 2:08 pm
So this has been solved? Can someone change the title if so?

:)

by Vocalpoint on Thu Aug 11, 2022 2:10 pm
reggie1979beatz wroteSo this has been solved? Can someone change the title if so?

Can't really say - would need Presonus to confirm for certain.

I can only report on what I am seeing.

Cheers!

VP

by reggie1979beatz on Thu Aug 11, 2022 2:38 pm
Vocalpoint wrote
Cheers!

:D

by reggie1979beatz on Thu Aug 11, 2022 2:39 pm
ok, that is weird. Did they disable img's ?

by Vocalpoint on Thu Aug 11, 2022 2:43 pm
reggie1979beatz wroteok, that is weird. Did they disable img's ?

Have no idea. News looks perfectly normal - just no more "Sphere exclusive" articles popping up anymore.

I am assuming they must have put out some Sphere specific things in the last 30 days at least - but I have not seen anything like this in my install.

VP

51 postsPage 3 of 3
1, 2, 3