51 postsPage 1 of 3
1, 2, 3
I would like to stop getting PreSonus Sphere related news and articles on Studio One's start page... it makes no sense as I can't access it.

Or, PreSonus gives all Studio One users access to these news and articles.

Best regards,
Hjörtur Haraldsson Blöndal

Apple - Mac mini M1 macOS Monterey12.4
Steinberg - UR22C Audio Interface
ProSonus - Studio One Professional 5.5.2
by IanM5 on Wed Dec 01, 2021 11:27 am
I agree but it's unlikely to happen because they want to keep trying to show us the "extra benefits" of the subscription. To me it's like having unwanted advertising forced on me. The only way to avoid it is to block S1 with a firewall and lose all of the news articles, even the interesting ones, or to just use another DAW. I guess the latter would be a bit extreme haha. :D

As a company I guess it can be difficult to make the subscribers feel extra special without making the other users feel less special. I'm falling a bit out of love with S1, partially due to Sphere and partially due to V5 not really lighting my fire. I was really looking forward to the release but most of the new features are not useful to me. So I'll sit on V4 and see what the future holds. With Cubase finally dropping the infernal hardware dongle next year it might be time to take another look at it.

Heavy-handed moderation can strangle a forum
by Lokeyfly on Thu Dec 02, 2021 8:28 am
Yep. Like a lot of products, Presonus should have a list of what the customer (in this case with Sohere) would like or be exempt from. Just new products, tips & tricks, email me only, exclude me from all, etc.

On the brighter side, look at something like the UAD Apollo. You get inundated by every plugin they make in their effects list, but you more than likely don't own 1/5 of them, unless you're on some monthly plan. So chances are most end users have to sift through a cluttered overkill list. Hardly user friendly.

Not having Sphere, it's easy, don't connect to the server. Life is grand when things are independent.

But I think a user checklist for Sphere peeps would be nice.

S1-6.2.1, HP Omen 17" i7 10th Gen, 32 GB,512 GB TLC M.2 (SSD),1 TB SSD. Win10 Pro, Audient iD14 MkII, Roland JV90, NI S49 MkII, Atom SQ, FP 8, Roland GR-50 & Octapad. MOTU MIDI Express XT. HR824, Yamaha HS-7, NS-1000M, Yamaha Promix 01, Rane HC-6, etc.

New song "Our Time"
https://youtu.be/BqOZ4-0iY1w?si=_uwmgRBv3N4VwJlq

Visit my You Tube Channel
https://youtube.com/@jamesconraadtucker ... PA5dM01GF7

Latest song releases on Bandcamp -

Latest albums on iTunes

All works registered copyright ©️
by garyshepherd on Thu Dec 02, 2021 9:51 am
haraldsson wroteI would like to stop getting PreSonus Sphere related news and articles on Studio One's start page... it makes no sense as I can't access it.

I totally agree - it is really insulting to see an item you click on to be told it is only accessible to Sphere renters. I do not see why Sphere renters should be entitled to Studio One videos which I, as a Studio One owner, can't access. I paid for the software after all. It makes no sense.

Please note that I may express opinions that are different from yours but I do not intend to cause offence.
iMac 27" 3.3 GHz Intel Core i5, 32 GB Ram, Monterey 12.7, 64 bit, Studio One 6.5 Professional (always the latest) , Reason 11, Melodyne 5 Studio, Digital Performer 11.2, Korg Legacy Wavestation and M1, Arturia minimoog V, Helix Native 3.71, Bias FX 2 Elite, Superior Drummer 3, EZkeys, EZbass, Nektar Panorama T4, Motu M4, Faderport 2018, Gibson Les Paul Standard, James Tyler Variax JTV-59 and other gear.
by Vocalpoint on Thu Dec 02, 2021 10:42 am
garyshepherd wroteI totally agree - it is really insulting to see an item you click on to be told it is only accessible to Sphere renters. I do not see why Sphere renters should be entitled to Studio One videos which I, as a Studio One owner, can't access. I paid for the software after all. It makes no sense.

Gary - while I hear what you are saying - remember that "we" (S1 users) do not own anything. You are not an owner and neither am I. We have been granted a "right" to use S1 in exchange for our version upgrade payment - and that's all it will ever be.

If Presonus wants to "treat" subscribers (who pay for a different access model) to some additional goodies and content - that's their call - not ours. I too sometimes get annoyed with the Sphere items that trickle down via the feed but I am not going to let it bother me.

If at anytime it does start to bother me - then it's on me to either get off my wallet and buy Sphere or stick with what I what I have and accept what I get for that fee. Not complain about it.

While it would be nice to be able to "pick and choose" the news - I think that is an extreme long shot and that I would be better served by ignoring the news page and getting back to work.

My two cents

VP
Last edited by Vocalpoint on Thu Dec 02, 2021 2:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DAW: Studio One Pro 6.5.1.96553 | Host OS: Windows 10 Pro 22H2 | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME z790-A | CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-13600K | RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | Graphics: Intel UHD 770 (HDMI) | Audio Interface: RME UCX II (v1.246) | OS Drive : Samsung 990 PRO (1TB) | Media Drive: Samsung 970 EVO Plus (500GB) | Libraries: Samsung 970 EVO+ (2TB) | Samples : Seagate FireCuda (2TB) | Monitoring: Presonus Monitor Station v2 + Presonus Eris 5 | MIDI Control: Native Instruments Komplete S61 & Presonus ATOM
by shanabit on Thu Dec 02, 2021 11:07 am
garyshepherd wrote
haraldsson wroteI would like to stop getting PreSonus Sphere related news and articles on Studio One's start page... it makes no sense as I can't access it.

I totally agree - it is really insulting to see an item you click on to be told it is only accessible to Sphere renters. I do not see why Sphere renters should be entitled to Studio One videos which I, as a Studio One owner, can't access. I paid for the software after all. It makes no sense.

IF you buy the house you are only allowed to look at the yard. If you rent it you have full access to the yard, the grill, the pool etc. Makes total sense to me :thumbdown:

StudioOnePro 6.1
UA Apollo Twin
OSX Sonoma 14.2

iMac 2013
by Lokeyfly on Thu Dec 02, 2021 11:44 am
garyshepherd wrote

It does make sense (just another view)
I would think at this point, with all of the indicators from the Presonus website, of available products, upgrades, and what the end user has available is clear. As mentioned by probably most (or at least the many comments made by users in the forum), it's a win-win for both Sphere users, and Studio One owners of their purchased product (Artist & Professional)

I dont see Studio One Artist users jumping up and down over the startup news  (at least what I've seen) calling on products they dont have. While the original poster here is trying to make a simple point, still some one is always going to jump on claims of entitlement.

@Garyshepard: Whith all respect, Sir. is it really "insulting"?
Is there really an "entitlement" when Presonus make other software add-ons, because frankly a lot of engineering and overhead cost go into creating new options/alternatives for not everyone, but those who wish to delve into and purchase more? More is good. More isn't always free. Thankfully, we as S1 owners get free non major updates that often include new root developmemt features.  Some are incredible, as in v5.2, 5.3, & 5.5!

Here's a thought for your entitlement. Plop $15 whole dollars down on Sphere monthly and you have the gambit of all the stuff (or what you actually can use or trial to see if you can use), as long or short as you want. That in my mind is a ridiculously practical alternative. What if some of those feeds bolstered a few to think, "wow, I can use that! The next month I'm mastering my work and if I plunk $30 down, I have two months of stuff I can try". Or a song that requires an Orchestral part. Well, $15 buys you a LOT of added fodder to play around with, render and keep yourself!

The plus is you as an owner can drop back to Studio One Pro. Yet, you claim entitlement, but those Sphere instalment people don't get that ability. They'd have to purchase the version of their choice if they so choose. They don't rent with an option to buy. They would have to buy, or pay the piper. Again, seems to be win + win.

I dont see where it's written Presonus owe an obligation or have specified that ANYTHING made towards Studio One is available to who purchased Studio One Professional. No such claim exists, that I've seen.

The news feed is a basic at times relevant S1 stream for the masses. There's tips for Artist users. all users, and sometimes Sphere users. It's really quite simple.(I'll kick myself for contributing thoughts to this thread later). Don't like the news, dont run or look at the news. If you can't open it, so what. I'm pretty sure people are moving on to their work than the news feed.

If you can't open it, it wasn't meant for you. If you could open it, it would likely cause confusion or dare I say "why can't we? ( far be it, that would happen).
Each to their own. Opinions make the world go round.

S1-6.2.1, HP Omen 17" i7 10th Gen, 32 GB,512 GB TLC M.2 (SSD),1 TB SSD. Win10 Pro, Audient iD14 MkII, Roland JV90, NI S49 MkII, Atom SQ, FP 8, Roland GR-50 & Octapad. MOTU MIDI Express XT. HR824, Yamaha HS-7, NS-1000M, Yamaha Promix 01, Rane HC-6, etc.

New song "Our Time"

Latest albums on iTunes

by Lokeyfly on Thu Dec 02, 2021 4:49 pm
So starting S1, I thought I'd have a look at just how inundated the Sphere news streams were. I hardly look over that way, and most of the time, my Internet is off to keep a lean music computer in place. After all, don't we all? :XD: Hey, maybe it's total chaos over that way. As Frasier Krane would say "Hi..... I'm listening".

So, news feed, here we come. There was ONE news feed (latest) from about the last twenty that required the Sphere user to sign in. Thats it! Another about fifteen posts back that was for Sphere users, but was a simple link to a Presonus page for anyone to read. So I'm just going to throw out that it's pretty uncluttered, has a few artist profiles I don't spend time viewing. Once in a blue moon, I read Craig Anderton because he'll drop in some good mastering technique info. And the whole stream thing is all......well........news :mrgreen:

I'll leave it at that. Now to kick myself because though lunch today, I responded to this.
Kick......kick...... :?

New song "Our Time"

Latest albums on iTunes

by garyshepherd on Sat Dec 04, 2021 6:00 am
Lokeyfly wroteWhile the original poster here is trying to make a simple point, still some one is always going to jump on claims of entitlement.

@Garyshepard: Whith all respect, Sir. is it really "insulting"?
Is there really an "entitlement" when Presonus make other software add-ons, because frankly a lot of engineering and overhead cost go into creating new options/alternatives for not everyone, but those who wish to delve into and purchase more? More is good. More isn't always free. Thankfully, we as S1 owners get free non major updates that often include new root developmemt features.  Some are incredible, as in v5.2, 5.3, & 5.5!

Here's a thought for your entitlement. Plop $15 whole dollars down on Sphere monthly and you have the gambit of all the stuff (or what you actually can use or trial to see if you can use), as long or short as you want. That in my mind is a ridiculously practical alternative. What if some of those feeds bolstered a few to think, "wow, I can use that! The next month I'm mastering my work and if I plunk $30 down, I have two months of stuff I can try". Or a song that requires an Orchestral part. Well, $15 buys you a LOT of added fodder to play around with, render and keep yourself!

The plus is you as an owner can drop back to Studio One Pro. Yet, you claim entitlement, but those Sphere instalment people don't get that ability. They'd have to purchase the version of their choice if they so choose. They don't rent with an option to buy. They would have to buy, or pay the piper. Again, seems to be win + win.

I dont see where it's written Presonus owe an obligation or have specified that ANYTHING made towards Studio One is available to who purchased Studio One Professional. No such claim exists, that I've seen.

The news feed is a basic at times relevant S1 stream for the masses. There's tips for Artist users. all users, and sometimes Sphere users. It's really quite simple.(I'll kick myself for contributing thoughts to this thread later). Don't like the news, dont run or look at the news. If you can't open it, so what. I'm pretty sure people are moving on to their work than the news feed.

If you can't open it, it wasn't meant for you. If you could open it, it would likely cause confusion or dare I say "why can't we? ( far be it, that would happen).
Each to their own. Opinions make the world go round.

I express an opinion of mild annoyance about Sphere only content and then people like yourself put words in my mouth about "entitlement". It is nothing to do with entitlement. If the content is about Studio One Pro functions (and not about add ons) then it makes no sense for Pro users (who bought the software and paid for updates) to be denied that content. No-one is asking for anything free.

A while back there was some content about guitar recording on Studio One - I tried to access it to be told it was for Sphere renters only. It was not about Sphere, or all the add ons or workspaces. It was Studio One Pro content. I was mildly annoyed. So I make that same opinion here on this thread because someone else started the thread.

I have asked for a separate Sphere thread on this forum several times. That is all I am asking - treat Sphere separately if there are issues with Sphere. But if you are saying that Sphere in reality is Studio One Pro then at least let us watch the videos about Studio One. There are not many but it is frustrating when you try to view one and can't. That is all. Not asking for any other things that you are "entitled" to from Sphere.

Please note that I may express opinions that are different from yours but I do not intend to cause offence.
iMac 27" 3.3 GHz Intel Core i5, 32 GB Ram, Monterey 12.7, 64 bit, Studio One 6.5 Professional (always the latest) , Reason 11, Melodyne 5 Studio, Digital Performer 11.2, Korg Legacy Wavestation and M1, Arturia minimoog V, Helix Native 3.71, Bias FX 2 Elite, Superior Drummer 3, EZkeys, EZbass, Nektar Panorama T4, Motu M4, Faderport 2018, Gibson Les Paul Standard, James Tyler Variax JTV-59 and other gear.
by shanabit on Sat Dec 04, 2021 6:15 am
What Gary said^^^^

StudioOnePro 6.1
UA Apollo Twin
OSX Sonoma 14.2

iMac 2013
by IanM5 on Sat Dec 04, 2021 7:09 am
I also agree that "entitled" is a much overused and overstated expression. You can have an opinion without being entitled. :thumbup:

Heavy-handed moderation can strangle a forum
by Lokeyfly on Sat Dec 04, 2021 10:37 am
IanM5 wroteI also agree that "entitled" is a much overused and overstated expression. You can have an opinion without being entitled.  :thumbup:

Very true. Wish I'd said that at this juncture, so eloquently!

" Insulting" also being unnecessary from that same earlier response.

So one in twenty news feeds  (that's all I went back to) is something S1 Pro and Studio purchasers can't access. That's 5% and potentially less. More if one counts overall Sphere related news at around 12%

Perhaps those affiliated with the news feed can accommodate. Maybe a Options/Start/News Feed selection for user preferences.

Best to recommend this with a Feature Request. Post the FR link at the OP's message, and last where it's most visible. That will substantiate the request. It's then visible to those who support this. No one wants to come into a program being potentially side tracked or not in favor of. That is often a moment of accomplishing set ideas, or vital inspiration. Others can currently turn the feed off before opening the program. Given that scope, and an FR made stating as such, I'd vote for it, and I think others would as well.

Happy Holidays, and safe passage in your musical quest!
Best wishes,
James

New song "Our Time"

Latest albums on iTunes

by gregghart on Sat Dec 04, 2021 11:46 am
At least if they want to give Sphere members "something extra", let them see the video maybe a day or two in advance, then release it to all of us. It's really ridiculous and makes me have a sour taste for Presonus. There is NO advantage for me to own Sphere. I don't care about their "orchestra" sounds...they aren't the quality that I like. (I use Spitfire, Native Instruments, East West and UVI, all of which have much higher quality than the Presonus ones...) If the video is exclusive to something only in Sphere, great...however...on the flip of that...they might want to release that to everyone as well, so that we know what we "might be missing" by not having it.

Just my 2c.

Win11, 12th Gen Intel Core i7-12700K (3.60 GHz), 32GB Ram. Focusrite Scarlett 8i6 3rd Gen. Native Instruments Komplete Kontrol S88 Mark 2, Native Instruments Komplete Kontrol S61 Mark 1, Presonus FaderPort 8.

https://www.midiboy.com

https://gregghart.bandcamp.com
by Quietly on Sat Dec 04, 2021 12:06 pm
I agree and I also stopped receiving emails from Presonus for the same reason. Not interested in anything Sphere related.

Those who can't dance always blame the band.
https://soundcloud.com/gerry-cooper-855281238
Windows 11 64 Bit, Installed Ram 16 GB, DDR4 3600 MHz, 11th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-11400F @ 2.60GHz
by garyshepherd on Sat Dec 04, 2021 2:34 pm
Lokeyfly wrote" Insulting" also being unnecessary from that same earlier response.

It is not the same thing - this was my personal response to being excluded from a video about Studio One Pro. It is different from making a personal remark and calling someone "entitled".

by Lokeyfly on Sat Dec 04, 2021 3:10 pm
Question, do you guys see it as just having full viewing access to Sphere feeds or filtering out the non related news?

Based on the OP's point, it should be filtered if it can't be accessed. This also coming from most of you. In effect, the need for both. That's reasonable.

Maybe we can kill two birds with one stone. Wait, that's a horrible saying. We have several birds, and enjoy our aviary friends in the yard. Point being.

FR might look something like this [pruned]

Issue: While the news feed is inherently useful to see bulletins and info as such, in some ways due to non related subjects, or lack of access (i.e. Sphere related), content access could be imoroved

Studio One users come from different purchased (Professional or Studio) products, as well as pay-by-month subscribers (Sphere), the user should be able to tailor the Start Window News feed to their own preferences. Any or all news feed content should be accessible to those wanting to view it.

Feature Request: A Options/Preferences/Startup tab to include news feed preferences. Selection should include check boxes to users relevant needs.

The Presences list should look something like:
(reference only)
* Update available (no check box available)
*Presonus - Related (product, and General News)
*All news and access
*Tips and Tricks
*Artists/Interviews
*Sphere news and related
*Studio One Pro, and Artist only
*Mastering Page related
*Turn off all except update notices
*Outside products - Presonus endorsed
*New Users - Getting Started tips

Result: It should be easy enough for Presonus to tag the News Feed in the Studio One Start Page to subject content. The end user thereby selects their preferred news topics, in the Options/Startup. Much like any opening preferences settings from a web news feed.

Please vote yes, and enjoy a more personalized startup to your production, compositional, and recording/mastering/performamce goals. In the end, this makes Studio One look even more personalized, and users benefit from it.
Last edited by Lokeyfly on Sat Dec 04, 2021 7:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.

New song "Our Time"

Latest albums on iTunes

by Mirek Mach on Sat Dec 04, 2021 7:01 pm
I appreciate your efforts to improve the News Feed tab, although I think that's the last thing Presonus should focus on.

On the other hand, such "FR" is a good test to see if Presonus's priorities are in such superficial things or if they are more interested in the core DAW funcionality.

[HP G4 Z2 workstation] - Win 10 Pro, i7-8700K, 32GB RAM, 2x 500GB SSD + 2TB "classic", NVIDIA Quadro P2000 5GB, 2x 1920*1200px Eizo monitors;
Studio One Pro from v.1.6 (now 4.6.2), Melodyne Editor 4.2.4;
Focusrite Clarett 4Pre USB, FaderPort 2018.
by davidlarson6 on Sat Dec 04, 2021 7:16 pm
Not to be overly cynical (I'm really not, usually), I see the news feed as being maybe "50% helpful service" and "50% business promotion." The current wave is Subscription Software, and Presonus is riding the wave like everybody else. That feed is at least partially about "Look what you're missing if you don't join up," and I don't think that's going to change.

I ignore it for the most part. It goes away when I load my project. :)

DKLarson

Windows 10, i9, 64GB, 3X 1TB SSDs; Macbook Pro M1 Pro, 32GB, 1TB SSD
Audient iD14, Atom SQ, Keystep 37, Studiologic SL88, Moog Sub Phatty, Kawai MP11SE, Roli Seaboard.
by Lokeyfly on Sat Dec 04, 2021 7:20 pm
Mirek Mach wroteI appreciate your efforts to improve the News Feed tab, although I think that's the last thing Presonus should focus on.

Understood. No would disagree on priorites. However, this isn't about priorities. It's about people asking for something now long standing. That accounts for something.

Mirek Mach wrote " On the other hand, such "FR" is a good test to see if Presonus's priorities are in such superficial things or if they are more interested in the core DAW funcionality" .

I dont think it's a test for "superficial things", and either do some others. If you have what you feel is a core topic, post it. There's nothing beneficial about minimizing other topics.

New song "Our Time"

Latest albums on iTunes

by Lokeyfly on Sat Dec 04, 2021 7:49 pm
davidlarson6 wroteNot to be overly cynical (I'm really not, usually), I see the news feed as being maybe "50% helpful service" and "50% business promotion." The current wave is Subscription Software, and Presonus is riding the wave like everybody else. That feed is at least partially about "Look what you're missing if you don't join up," and I don't think that's going to change.

I ignore it for the most part. It goes away when I load my project. :)

50% helpful? That much! I think you just started a free pizza on Friday Presonus party!

Fact is, what you say is true. Most every music/art/graphics/photography software productivity company now pushes a pay monthly and get all subscription.angle. I'm not a proponent of it, but it's a personal thing. Remember, chances are that guy/gal next to you at the red light with the Mercedes AMG S, is living on images, peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, and one night stands (Probably getting a lot though). You my friend, have financial security. :)
Back on topic....

New song "Our Time"

Latest albums on iTunes

51 postsPage 1 of 3
1, 2, 3