6 posts
Page 1 of 1
What is going on here, I have an audio file, but it is playing out of sync. So the audio file plays earlier than what the waveform shows. Check out image attached.

There are two audio files. The above file is the audio file in question. The bottom one is when I bounce it and how it actually plays. It wasnt really necessary, but I added red arrows to show where the actual file plays.

Best,
nordic

Attachments
S1 Audio File timing.jpg

Ryzen 9 5900x
Corsair 2x 8Gb
Sabrent Rocket Q 2TB NVMe PCIe M.2
Windows 10
Studio ONE 5 Artist
Keystation MK3 88
by nordicdunn on Wed Dec 01, 2021 1:29 pm
worth mentioning I guess. Before this I added bend markers and tried to make the notes shorter. Then I merged them all into one file.

Ryzen 9 5900x
Corsair 2x 8Gb
Windows 10
Studio ONE 5 Artist
Keystation MK3 88
by Tacman7 on Wed Dec 01, 2021 5:08 pm
I would start over and reimport the files and work with them.

You need to set the timestretch parameter if you want them to follow your tempo.

https://s1manual.presonus.com/#Setup_To ... w_Song.htm?

Stretch Audio Files to Song Tempo
Enable this option to automatically timestretch imported audio files (that have tempo information) to match your Song’s current tempo. This is highly recommended to avoid having to manually stretch audio or place Tracks in Timestretch mode.

However, if you do not intend to work with Timestretching in your Song and want to ensure that nothing gets timestretched automatically by mistake, make sure this option is deselected.

Only audio files with encoded tempo information are stretched automatically with this option engaged. Studio One remembers tempo information you specify within the Inspector view for any audio file.

Forum Moderator.
Please add your specs to your SIGNATURE.
Search the STUDIO ONE 6 ONLINE MANUAL. Access your MY.PRESONUS account.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) One Sentence Description 2) Expected Results 3) Actual Results 4) Steps to Reproduce.

Studio OnePro6 Melodyne Studio
Win10 Ryzen 5 3600 - Motu M2
Ventura Mac Mini M2 - Zen Go TB
by nordicdunn on Thu Dec 02, 2021 5:43 am
Tacman7 wroteI would start over and reimport the files and work with them.

You need to set the timestretch parameter if you want them to follow your tempo.

https://s1manual.presonus.com/#Setup_To ... w_Song.htm?

Stretch Audio Files to Song Tempo
Enable this option to automatically timestretch imported audio files (that have tempo information) to match your Song’s current tempo. This is highly recommended to avoid having to manually stretch audio or place Tracks in Timestretch mode.

However, if you do not intend to work with Timestretching in your Song and want to ensure that nothing gets timestretched automatically by mistake, make sure this option is deselected.

Only audio files with encoded tempo information are stretched automatically with this option engaged. Studio One remembers tempo information you specify within the Inspector view for any audio file.

Afaik timestretched audio will not show up differently than how it plays though. It might be stretched, but the waveform is accurate to what is being heard.

Having timestretched option by default really messes up with files like single drum samples, since it can stretch those and make them sound bad. I almost never have any loops or stuff like that anyways so I don't keep the timestretch thin on by default

The audio file in this particular case was a bounce from a kontakt instrument. They were short notes, but I wanted them to be more "bouncy", shorter. When I stretched.

Will play around with the "Tempo" option in the instrument inspector view for audio files, see if that helps

Ryzen 9 5900x
Corsair 2x 8Gb
Windows 10
Studio ONE 5 Artist
Keystation MK3 88
by nordicdunn on Thu Dec 02, 2021 5:50 am
Tacman7 wroteI would start over and reimport the files and work with them....

Had a go with the options seen in the image attached. No difference in any of them.

I also added another picture which demonstrates the problem a bit better. I have the above audio file, and then I add some bend markers. Then I make the first one shorter, but all of the rest of the sounds also start sounding earlier

Attachments
Audio Sync Problem 2.jpg
S1 Tempo Options.png
S1 Tempo Options.png (2.91 KiB) Viewed 1435 times

Ryzen 9 5900x
Corsair 2x 8Gb
Windows 10
Studio ONE 5 Artist
Keystation MK3 88
by Tacman7 on Thu Dec 02, 2021 8:40 am
If you would drop two wav files into S1 and you have them set to don't follow, they would play just like they play in a music player.

They would maintain their own tempo. So if the two files were recorded at the same tempo they probably sync together ok, but they're not in sync with the song. Have to have follow on for that.

Check out more about the bend tool here:
https://ask.video/video/studio-one-5-10 ... correction

Good to put your specs in your signature, click below in my signature.

Forum Moderator.
Please add your specs to your SIGNATURE.
Search the STUDIO ONE 6 ONLINE MANUAL. Access your MY.PRESONUS account.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) One Sentence Description 2) Expected Results 3) Actual Results 4) Steps to Reproduce.

Studio OnePro6 Melodyne Studio
Win10 Ryzen 5 3600 - Motu M2
Ventura Mac Mini M2 - Zen Go TB

6 posts
Page 1 of 1