12 posts
Page 1 of 1
In Studio One after purchasing the Diamond series by Waves and successfully installing, I noted multiple WAVES VST DLL files taking quite awhile to load. Then after opening a simple 1 track MIDI file, I placed only 1 Waves plugin "AudioTrack-Mono" on the MIDI. This took quite a long time to load this plugin on the MIDI track. Thus I've now noted two abnormal behaviors. I closed Studio One then re-opened (still slow), opening the lone MIDI track with the Waves Plugin, after opening I went to the Plugin Manager in Studio one and under the Statistics tab I found the Waves Plugin took 31 seconds. I repeated this with other Waves plugins, all over 10 seconds or more (see attached).
After opening the AntiVirus software and excluding all Waves folders from being scanned, disabling the Firewall, Windows Defender..nothing helped. I also followed all of their lengthy instructions to do a full cleanup, again nothing worked.
Here's what worked and what the issue was though no permanent solution from Waves (yet) has been unveiled (here's my write up / copy and paste from the Waves forum):
--------------------------------------
11-28-21 An interim solution has been found with Waves loading slowly.
I spoke with Waves Support and we isolated the issue:
it was “The Waves Local Server”.
Here’s the solution: Close out of all applications using Waves (likely your DAW).
In Windows 10, open Task Manager. Under the Performance tab locate the Waves Server. Right Click and choose End Task
Next, on your C drive (or D if you installed Windows there), locate the folder
C:\ProgramData\Waves Audio\WavesLocalServer
Once you’re at this folder, delete the folder titled: WavesLocalServer.Bundle.
Now re-open your DAW and it should be quite fast (mine went from 30 second load time to under 3 seconds) as well as any plugin by Waves - all instantaneous.
If you need to purchase other plugins via Waves Central, go ahead and do so and activate and install, then simply repeat the process above until they (Waves) develop a solution.

Attachments
Screenshot (121).png
Studio One Plugin Manager illustrating the problem child(s), Waves Plugins taking 31 seconds and 21 seconds to load
by Lokeyfly on Sun Nov 28, 2021 5:32 pm
Cool. The Plugin Manager has been a nice addition.

Also, just in case you're not aware, in Options/VST Plugins, you can deselect "Scan at Startup" which eliminates Studio One having to rescan plugins on every startup. Speeds things up even further. ;)

Just remember to turn it on again when you install or update plugins in the future.

S1-6.2.1, HP Omen 17" i7 10th Gen, 32 GB,512 GB TLC M.2 (SSD),1 TB SSD. Win10 Pro, Audient iD14 MkII, Roland JV90, NI S49 MkII, Atom SQ, FP 8, Roland GR-50 & Octapad. MOTU MIDI Express XT. HR824, Yamaha HS-7, NS-1000M, Yamaha Promix 01, Rane HC-6, etc.

New song "Our Time"
https://youtu.be/BqOZ4-0iY1w?si=_uwmgRBv3N4VwJlq

Visit my You Tube Channel
https://youtube.com/@jamesconraadtucker ... PA5dM01GF7

Latest song releases on Bandcamp -

Latest albums on iTunes

All works registered copyright ©️
by Bbd on Mon Nov 29, 2021 8:05 am
@antg1
Thank you for this info.
:+1

Bbd

OS: Win 10 x64 Home, Studio One Pro 6.x, Notion 6, Series III 24, Studio 192, Haswell CPU: i7 4790k @ 4.4GHz, RAM: 32GB, Faderport 8/16, Central Station +, PreSonus Sceptre S6, Eris 3.5, Temblor 10, ATOM, ATOM SQ
by babulmukherjee on Tue Nov 30, 2021 10:48 am
Thanks for this! I am on a Mac and found this https://audiosex.pro/threads/waves-v13- ... ons.61338/ and followed as well.

Sadly, did not make a different for me.

Loading the document 'Southwest Cantina 1.0 (1.30)' took 40 sec.

92% of the time was spent loading plug-ins.

These items have a high average load time:

Addictive Drums 2
StudioRack Stereo
LittlePlate
Virtual Mix Rack
Lustrous Plates
MetaTune
MicroShift
Scheps Parallel Particles Stereo
SSL EV2 Channel Mono
Lofi Space Stereo
CLA Epic Stereo
Tonal Balance Control 2
Scheps Omni Channel (m)
Insight 2

In total, the most time-consuming items are:

StudioRack Stereo (4.026 sec)
Scheps Omni Channel (m) (3.901 sec)
Scheps Omni Channel Stereo (3.068 sec)
Addictive Drums 2 (2.901 sec)
EchoBoy (1.642 sec)

Odd that not all Waves plugins I am using are as slow as those mentioned.

Apple Mac Studio Max 64gb RAM, Ventura, RME UFX III, Studio One 6, Genelec 8330A w/7350A, Sennheiser HD 650
by jebbyslonar on Fri Apr 07, 2023 10:07 am
This seems like a good lead I will try it, this guy here though, with the 3 second load times for each plugin...didn't you notice that even simple free plugins take 2 - 4 seconds to load? People with real problems with Waves have firewalls, and it takes 5 minutes to infinity to load a plugin like Abbey Road, or TR12345 Mastering plugin. I don't want to deal with such slow times so I took them out of my plugins. The idea of complaining about a Waves plugin taking 2-4 seconds, and an entire slew of them taking 40 seconds, is preposterous frankly. That's a incredible time from this lackluster company. The OP however if he really solved the problem by deleting that file, is doing GREAT work I will try it. :+1

Aorus Elite X570
12 USB, 1000/1000 (Mbps)
AMD Ryzen 9 3900XT
12/24, 48
WIndows 11 Pro
Studio One Artist 6.1
Presonus Studio interfaces:
1810C (8 ins, S1 engine)
1824C (8 ADAT to 1810C)
Look up what I'm doing today on my Bitchute channel "Wind Whispering Through The Trees"
Not always SFW not always NSFW Usually music though
by York Studios on Sat Apr 08, 2023 1:07 pm
I was experiencing VERY slow song loading times in Studio One 4.6 for the last several months, and I had no idea what changed or caused it. BUT I did find out it was when the WAVES plugins were loading, Abbey Road plugins,etc. I solved my issue by running WAVES Central , moving my plugin license to a different place, and then moving them back to the drive i wanted them on. Just moving them evidently 'refreshed' or 're-wrote' the licenses, causing them to once again load faster. It fixed my extremely slow load times for projects, songs or templates....whatever was using the WAVES plugins.
This was on a MacBook Pro 2015 Retina , Mojave OS, Studio One 4.6

The slow load times took probably 4 to 5 minutes to load a song, a song that had maybe 6 instances of a few WAVES plugins, so these were not huge files at all. I think something became 'scrambled' and the computer just had a difficult time loading the plugins.

Anyhow....problem solved by re-installing the licenses ( not the plug-ins themselves ) .

The previous posts of finding a folder/file to delete did not not work on the Mac.

Hope this helps someone with the same issue.

2015 MacBook Pro 16G ram 500G Fusion internal drive Mojave os
Studio One Pro v4.6.0
SanDisk 480 Gb usb drive G-Drive 1 Tb HDD usb
Focusrite Red4Pre thunderbolt 2 interface Neuman nearfield monitors
0.5 centuries of audio stuff
by jebbyslonar on Thu May 11, 2023 1:39 am
I have solved this issue by not using Waves plugins anymore. I heard someone saying that they delete a certain file in Program Data and it gets remade. This may be a good way to accomplish it, if you were to put that Program Data Waves folder in your quick access, and delete it before each start of the program. I might try it someday, but for now I have plenty of other plugins on my table from all the great shareware makers, and freeware plugin makers. It is just ridiculous to add this extra group of steps just to get some plugins I paid for to work. Glad I only bought 15 of this bad company's plugins.

I have been just so much happier not having their plugins on my templates. I can still use one in mixing if I want. I just have reduced my always used master channel to using a limiter and a maxim that are from decent plugin makers.

Aorus Elite X570
12 USB, 1000/1000 (Mbps)
AMD Ryzen 9 3900XT
12/24, 48
WIndows 11 Pro
Studio One Artist 6.1
1810C (8 ins, S1 engine)
1824C (8 ADAT to 1810C)
Look up what I'm doing today on my Bitchute channel "Wind Whispering Through The Trees"
by Jemusic on Fri May 12, 2023 2:36 pm
My Waves plugins were very slow loading on my WIn 7 machine as well. (they did not used to be)
This part of the OP's solution worked for me:

Next, on your C drive (or D if you installed Windows there), locate the folder
C:\ProgramData\Waves Audio\WavesLocalServer
Once you’re at this folder, delete the folder titled: WavesLocalServer.Bundle.

Waves plugins are fine and very good. Just as useful as any other plugin. You don't have to stay subscribed to them and keep paying money at all. I have got many Waves plugins, and are on a version a few versions back. They all still work perfectly. They wont stop working if you don't subscribe to keeping them up to date.

Specs i5-2500K 3.5 Ghz-8 Gb RAM-Win 7 64 bit - ATI Radeon HD6900 Series - RME HDSP9632 - Midex 8 Midi interface - Faderport 2/8 - Atom Pad/Atom SQ - HP Laptop Win 10 - Studio 24c interface -iMac 2.5Ghz Core i5 - High Sierra 10.13.6 - Focusrite Clarett 2 Pre & Scarlett 18i20. Studio One V5.5 (Mac and V6.5 Win 10 laptop), Notion 6.8, Ableton Live 11 Suite, LaunchPad Pro
by ricstudioc on Sat May 13, 2023 11:34 pm
jebbyslonar wroteThe idea of complaining about a Waves plugin taking 2-4 seconds, and an entire slew of them taking 40 seconds, is preposterous frankly.

I'm sorry - boomer here, and just can't resist...

So the artist calls (The Greatest Band In The World) and wants to work on their recent project (The Greatest Song Ever Written). I go into the other room and look down the shelves of boxes. The Sucks.... The Wannabes.... oh, here they are, TGBITW. I pull the box, head back into the studio and pull the 2" master out of the box. I put tape on the takeup spindle (cuz I always store the tapes tails out), route the tape past the capstan, the heads, the tension idler and into the supply reel. Then I begin rewinding - it'll be a minute or so. (When's the last time I deguassed...?)

They want to work on the vocals - hmmm, well let's run them through the LA2A, put a little Eventide reverb on the buss. Patch cables...patch cables... ah, there they are. Ok, let's patch the compressor as an insert on the incoming, we'll patch the Eventide on a send/return on the monitor buss - don't want to track it just yet. Hmmm - well, let's set the LA to about a 2.5 ratio, maybe -10 threshold (we'll tweak that when the session starts). And pull up a hall on the 'verb, say 1.5 sec, mild diffusion and damping, and - DAMMIT I wasn't paying attention and tape ran off the takeup reel. Ah well, let's get it routed again. And then let me get the board setup, they'll be here in about 15 minutes. (Oh, where's the track sheet? How much room do I have to work with...?)

Yeah, I know - call me grandpa. But I can't help but chuckle when 40 seconds is considered too long to get a project loaded that almost certainly includes every setting of every piece of gear including the mix. Don't get me wrong, you'll pry my DAW mouse out of my cold, dead hands. But...perspective.
by Jemusic on Sun May 14, 2023 1:52 am
Agreed! I come from a tape background too and even just waiting around to find the right location spot often took some time. (minutes!)

Once you sort out the slow Waves load times everything goes very quick. The biggest and most complex Waves plugins only take about 4 seconds to load now for me.

Specs i5-2500K 3.5 Ghz-8 Gb RAM-Win 7 64 bit - ATI Radeon HD6900 Series - RME HDSP9632 - Midex 8 Midi interface - Faderport 2/8 - Atom Pad/Atom SQ - HP Laptop Win 10 - Studio 24c interface -iMac 2.5Ghz Core i5 - High Sierra 10.13.6 - Focusrite Clarett 2 Pre & Scarlett 18i20. Studio One V5.5 (Mac and V6.5 Win 10 laptop), Notion 6.8, Ableton Live 11 Suite, LaunchPad Pro
by jebbyslonar on Mon May 15, 2023 3:24 am
ricstudioc wrote
I'm sorry - boomer here, and just can't resist...

So the artist calls (The Greatest Band In The World) and wants to work on their recent project (The Greatest Song Ever Written). I go into the other room and look down the shelves of boxes. The Sucks.... The Wannabes.... oh, here they are, TGBITW. I pull the box, head back into the studio and pull the 2" master out of the box. I put tape on the takeup spindle (cuz I always store the tapes tails out), route the tape past the capstan, the heads, the tension idler and into the supply reel. Then I begin rewinding - it'll be a minute or so. (When's the last time I deguassed...?)

They want to work on the vocals - hmmm, well let's run them through the LA2A, put a little Eventide reverb on the buss. Patch cables...patch cables... ah, there they are. Ok, let's patch the compressor as an insert on the incoming, we'll patch the Eventide on a send/return on the monitor buss - don't want to track it just yet. Hmmm - well, let's set the LA to about a 2.5 ratio, maybe -10 threshold (we'll tweak that when the session starts). And pull up a hall on the 'verb, say 1.5 sec, mild diffusion and damping, and - DAMMIT I wasn't paying attention and tape ran off the takeup reel. Ah well, let's get it routed again. And then let me get the board setup, they'll be here in about 15 minutes. (Oh, where's the track sheet? How much room do I have to work with...?)

but that's not even what I'm talking about I am serious those waves plugins on a firewalled machine, take a seriously long time to load. we're talking 5 minutes at least. I look at all the plugins fly open on a 30 or so plugin template with no waves or other paid plugins...and it just flys by. It's real nice not having them on the session that is opened. I can't go back to watching forever hoping it won't just freeze on ARTG12345 and never open.

Aorus Elite X570
12 USB, 1000/1000 (Mbps)
AMD Ryzen 9 3900XT
12/24, 48
WIndows 11 Pro
Studio One Artist 6.1
1810C (8 ins, S1 engine)
1824C (8 ADAT to 1810C)
by alfredohuerta on Mon May 15, 2023 8:06 am
Something similar happens to some of my my 8dio plugins where they might take minutes to load. If I deactivate the Windows virus protection while those plugins load then they load fast!

Dell Latitude E6530, 16 GB Ram, Two 1-TB SSD
Windows 10/64
Novation LaunchKey 49 USB Keyboard
Studio One 6.5.2.97444 Win x64

12 posts
Page 1 of 1