8 posts
Page 1 of 1
Hi there,

Is there a way to export a bus stem with all subsequent processing if it is routed through other busses? Basically the same way that track stem are exported using the whole signal chain? Here's a signal chain example to clarify, in this scenario each bus has plugins on it.

Drum Bus > Music Bus > Mix Bus > Stereo Out

Currently, if I export the drum bus using the stem export function, I can only use the channel export and that results in the stem missing the processing of the other bus stages (in this case, music bus and mix bus). The track export function in the stem export prints the whole signal chain on the track, however busses currently do not show up in the tracks column. If I want to export my drum bus with all the other bus processing on it, I have to solo the bus, and do a song export and that becomes tedious if I want to do multiple busses.

Is there an easier way that you all have been doing this or is this just a current limitation of studio one?

Thanks!

Studio One Pro 6.5 | Macbook Pro M1 Max 16" 64gb | RME HDSPe MADI FX | Antelope Orion 32 HD | UAD Apollo x8p
by SwitchBack on Mon Nov 22, 2021 12:32 pm
NoiseCoalition wroteHi there,

Is there a way to export a bus stem with all subsequent processing if it is routed through other busses? Basically the same way that track stem are exported using the whole signal chain?

Maybe, but probably not.

The reason why is that with dynamics processing on the buses it makes no sense anyway. You'll never get the same compression/limiting you would get as with all channels coming through there. The only processing that may translate correctly is linear EQing (so clean EQs without any fancy saturation modelling) which would be the same as moving those EQs from the buses to the channels. You may do that with the compressors too, and then sidechaining them from the bus. Never tried but it may work.
by NoiseCoalition on Tue Nov 23, 2021 1:24 pm
Yeah, I understand that it'll never add up the same. It's just about getting all the stems to add up as close as possible to the final mix for clients. Cubase has an export function for this but I'm trying to use S1 more so I was hoping there was a way to do the same in S1.

Studio One Pro 6.5 | Macbook Pro M1 Max 16" 64gb | RME HDSPe MADI FX | Antelope Orion 32 HD | UAD Apollo x8p
by NoiseCoalition on Sat May 14, 2022 3:26 pm
Curious if anyone has a workaround or workflow suggestions for this? As I start using studio one more, I find myself missing this function for stem delivery. Having to solo each bus and wait for it to export is such a drag. In Cubase it is such a time saver to be able to batch export busses through the complete signal chain. Please let us export busses the same way tracks are exported, Presonus! :D

by Tacman7 on Sat May 14, 2022 5:00 pm
Does this do what you want?

I can export they 3 bus's. But you want tracks with bus's like a mixdown?

ExportStemsBus.jpg

Is that what you're doing? Solo track and mixdown?

Forum Moderator.
Please add your specs to your SIGNATURE.
Search the STUDIO ONE 6 ONLINE MANUAL. Access your MY.PRESONUS account.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) One Sentence Description 2) Expected Results 3) Actual Results 4) Steps to Reproduce.

Studio OnePro6 Melodyne Studio
Win10 Ryzen 5 3600 - Motu M2
Ventura Mac Mini M2 - Zen Go TB
by NoiseCoalition on Sun May 15, 2022 1:09 am
Tacman7 wroteDoes this do what you want?

I can export they 3 bus's. But you want tracks with bus's like a mixdown?

ExportStemsBus.jpg

Is that what you're doing? Solo track and mixdown?

So exporting busses in the “channels” tab doesn’t take into account any send effects or any subsequent busses or master bus effects. If you export a “track” it takes into account the full signal chain, However you can’t export a bus in the “track” tab.

by Tacman7 on Sun May 15, 2022 8:26 am
I learn from the questions. I remembered it like this:

To export just the raw audio, select the Tracks Tab and choose the tracks you wish to export by checking the box next to each track’s name.
------from old knowledge base article

Now it's like this:

To print each channel’s entire effects chain, select the Channels Tab. You will notice that you can select any channel in your mixer, including the main bus, the effect buses, and any output bus you have created.

Note that the audio file created for any selected Track or Channel is the equivalent of soloing the Track or Channel in the Console and listening to the result. The audio file includes the results of all Inserts and Sends on the Track or Channel. If you don’t want the Inserts or Sends included in the exported audio, disable them before exporting.
-------from current manual

So to get traditional stems you have to disable a bunch of stuff. I guess this is how people want it. I wouldn't want any processing generally on performances sent to me (I add the processing) but something like a synth track might need them.

Forum Moderator.
Please add your specs to your SIGNATURE.
Search the STUDIO ONE 6 ONLINE MANUAL. Access your MY.PRESONUS account.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) One Sentence Description 2) Expected Results 3) Actual Results 4) Steps to Reproduce.

Studio OnePro6 Melodyne Studio
Win10 Ryzen 5 3600 - Motu M2
Ventura Mac Mini M2 - Zen Go TB
by NoiseCoalition on Tue May 17, 2022 11:58 am
I think if Studio One had the same stem export options as Cubase then we'd be set. The options are as follows which you can apply to everything; tracks, channels, busses, FX sends.

Inserts and Strip

Includes insert effects, EQ, and other channel settings. The channel configuration is exported post-panner, that is, mono channels that are routed to a stereo group are exported as stereo channels.

Disabled (DRY)

Bypasses insert effects, EQ settings, etc. The channel configuration is exported in pre-panner position, that is, mono channels that are routed to a stereo group are exported as mono channels.

+ Groups/Sends (CSP)

Includes insert effects, EQ, and other channel settings. Also includes effects and settings in all channels, for example, group and FX channels, towards the output channel. The insert FX and EQ settings of the master channel are ignored. The channel configuration is exported post-panner.

+ Master/Groups/Sends (CSPM)

Includes insert effects, EQ, and other channel settings. Also includes effects and settings in all channels, for example, group and FX channels towards the output channel, and the insert FX and EQ settings of the output channels. The channel configuration is exported post-panner.

8 posts
Page 1 of 1