3 posts
Page 1 of 1
Perhaps someone could give me some advice on plug-in behaviour?

Basically what I want to do is to be able to work on midi tracks without having the virtual instrument in the foreground and obscuring the track view.

When the virtual instrument interface is in the foreground and the control surface is in yellow ‘focus’ mode, I can move from track to track and the keyboard and sliders follow and everything works correctly.

But on a single screen when I close the instrument interface to get it out of the way, so that I can work on the track, the control surface focus is lost and I can no longer move from track to track without having to reopen the interface and manually change focus.

Is there any way to get the control surface cc controls to automatically follow when you change tracks (like the keyboard does) without first having to bring the instrument to the foreground?

Am I making any sense?

Thanks in advance for your wisdom.

Claude
by mycbeats on Thu Oct 28, 2021 10:44 am
If you turn off the orange focus mode, you will enter global mode.
Your mappings would stay permanently.

You would have to reprogram your encoders and use multiple midi channels on your controller per instrument you want to control.

The easiest solution really is just to get a second monitor.

Toronto, Canada
Project engineer by day, sound connoisseur by night.

Main Rig: Windows 11 (21H2) 64-bit, Ryzen 3900x, 32GB RAM, RTX 2060, dual 4K Monitors
Presonus 192, Faderport v2, Atom SQ, Akai Advance 49, Keystation 61 mk3, 2x Behringer X-Touch Mini + way too many synths.

Mobile Rig: MBP M1/16GB, Atom SQ, IOstation
by davidplummer1 on Thu Oct 28, 2021 2:35 pm
Thanks kindly for your help, mycbeats. Much appreciated.

I might put in a suggestion that S1 adds this to their list. It seems to make a lot of sense that the CC MIDI controllers be able to follow the selected track just like the keyboard does without having to be in the foreground.

3 posts
Page 1 of 1