3 posts
Page 1 of 1
First time mastering on the Project page. Ten songs. I want to download the songs to my phone and listen to them in different environments. First, I went to FILE>SAVE TO NEW FOLDER.
When I try to email the new file as attachment to myself, it only sends a 38kb file with no music.
Can someone please suggest a better way???
Thank you.
Also, any advice on sending my master to distrokid would be appreciated, as I am very frustrated that I'm having so much trouble simply mailing a file to myself.

Studio One 5 Professional
Lenovo i5 16g ram
by Vocalpoint on Thu Oct 28, 2021 9:40 am
johnstaggs wroteFirst time mastering on the Project page. Ten songs. I want to download the songs to my phone and listen to them in different environments. First, I went to FILE>SAVE TO NEW FOLDER.
When I try to email the new file as attachment to myself, it only sends a 38kb file with no music.
Can someone please suggest a better way???
Thank you.
Also, any advice on sending my master to distrokid would be appreciated, as I am very frustrated that I'm having so much trouble simply mailing a file to myself.

John

File->Save to New Folder simply saves the actual Project file to a new folder. It does not create/mixdown any actual audio in the Project. And as you have discovered - the project file is not a audio file in any way.

To create your ten audio files FROM your Project for download - you need to swing up to Digital Release on the toolbar and then make your choices from the dialog that appears.

Regarding "distrokid" - not familiar with that but once you create your MP3 or whatever format you want your files in - I am certain you can then use the DK UI to upload your materials.

Cheers

VP

DAW: Studio One Pro 6.5.1.96553 | Host OS: Windows 10 Pro 22H2 | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME z790-A | CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-13600K | RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | Graphics: Intel UHD 770 (HDMI) | Audio Interface: RME UCX II (v1.246) | OS Drive : Samsung 990 PRO (1TB) | Media Drive: Samsung 970 EVO Plus (500GB) | Libraries: Samsung 970 EVO+ (2TB) | Samples : Seagate FireCuda (2TB) | Monitoring: Presonus Monitor Station v2 + Presonus Eris 5 | MIDI Control: Native Instruments Komplete S61 & Presonus ATOM
by mycbeats on Thu Oct 28, 2021 10:28 am
You need to click the "digital release" button.

Toronto, Canada
Project engineer by day, sound connoisseur by night.

Main Rig: Windows 11 (21H2) 64-bit, Ryzen 3900x, 32GB RAM, RTX 2060, dual 4K Monitors
Presonus 192, Faderport v2, Atom SQ, Akai Advance 49, Keystation 61 mk3, 2x Behringer X-Touch Mini + way too many synths.

Mobile Rig: MBP M1/16GB, Atom SQ, IOstation

3 posts
Page 1 of 1