2 posts
Page 1 of 1
Apologies in advance, I'm sure this is not the correct place - however, in the absence of an Off-topic forum, here am I ;)

I am wanting to release some of my stuff as an album for download. I understand that I should release it through something like Soundcloud or similar, so I need ISRC(?) codes. To get ISRC codes I need to join say (in the UK) PPL or probably PRS. To join these I need to have released music - do you see the circular argument here :roll:

If someone could let me have any advice/knowledge to help me navigate the Gordian knoted-ness of the release process, I'd appreciate this. PM me if easier.

Many thanks for helping this complete noob :thumbup:

...said Halo

Studio One Pro v4.6.2 / v5.5.2 / v6.5.2
Serum, Diva, Repro, Synthmaster, Syntronik Bully, MTron Pro, Kontakt 6/7, AIR synths, Cherry Audio synths, Battery 4, PPG Wave 3.V, Generate

3XS SQ170 Music Studio PC
Windows 10 x64 (22H2)
i7 8700 Hexcore 3.2GHz, 16GB, 2TB 970 EVO+ M.2 NVMe SSD + 1TB SATA HD
Scarlett 2i4 (G2), Korg Taktile 25, Faderport 2018, ATOM

Beyerdynamic DT990 Pros, JBL 305P II speakers
by garybowling on Thu Oct 28, 2021 7:58 am
Check out places like Distrokid.com, which is a low cost, no frills distributor. For $20/year, they will distribute your album to all the streaming platforms, spotify, apple music, tidal, amazon, etc. etc. etc. They will assign the ISRC codes for you, so nothing else needed.

There are others that offer more, probably the most popular is CDbaby. But the more you get the more it costs.

But if all you want is Soundcloud, Reverbnation, BandCamp, etc. You can just go to each of those, create an account, and upload your music. Again, no ISRC codes needed.

gabo

ASUS laptop (AMD 5900HX), 32G, 2x2TB SSD, Win11-64, RME UFX & BabyFace, Studio One Pro 6, Addictive Drums2, Izotope 10, Soothe2, Waves, many plugins, Melodyne Studio 5, all versions updated frequently

The Moderns,
https://open.spotify.com/artist/1x6Fd133GftlRyRYl0xgjf

2 posts
Page 1 of 1