4 posts
Page 1 of 1
Hello, I'm just looking at one of the S1 demo tracks and I've found some of the audio tracks appear to have midi notes behind the audio. Would someone please explain what I am seeing here and how do I edit this?

Screenshot 2021-10-23 172954.png

Windows
i9-13900
32 GB RAM
X32C
BAE 1073DMP x2
HS8
ATH-M50x
by peterbirch on Sat Oct 23, 2021 3:53 pm
Indeed you are seeing MIDI notes behind the audio.
Below that you can see an instrument track Bollywood vox, drag that Piano part you ringed down from the audio track to that instrument track. The MIDI notes will now play the vox instrument. Double click it and you can edit it.
If you go into the browser and find a musical WAV file drag it into a free area of that Piano track, you will not see any MIDI info, however CTRL M to edit that WAV file in Melodyne ... Exit Melodyne you will now see embedded MIDI notes.
Just below you can see you have just a MIDI event. Try dragging that to an audio track.

Studio One 5.5.2 - studio 192, - 1818VSL, - Digimax FS, Presonus HP4 x2 Presonus Notion 6,
Win 10 pro -- I7cpu 16gb. and Z590 Vision D 32GB & 11700
UAD Octo card UAD Apollo Twin USB and Apollo x4
Faderport 8, Faderport classic. Atom SQ
by Jemusic on Sat Oct 23, 2021 4:48 pm
Its simpler than that. These are just midi tracks that have been transformed into audio. The midi notes note behind the audio are telling you that you can go back.

Right click the track header and select Transform to Instrument track. This track will now revert back to a midi part playing the virtual instrument. You can edit etc. Then you can right click the track header and Transform to audio track again.

There is more than one way to convert midi to audio. Other ways do it more permanently in that the audio wont have the midi notes behind but the midi part will remain on its own track but muted. So that takes up two tracks instead of one. The midi notes behind the audio is a good way of doing it simply because its fast getting back to midi again.

Melodyne does not have to be involved with any of this also.

Specs i5-2500K 3.5 Ghz-8 Gb RAM-Win 7 64 bit - ATI Radeon HD6900 Series - RME HDSP9632 - Midex 8 Midi interface - Faderport 2/8 - Atom Pad/Atom SQ - HP Laptop Win 10 - Studio 24c interface -iMac 2.5Ghz Core i5 - High Sierra 10.13.6 - Focusrite Clarett 2 Pre & Scarlett 18i20. Studio One V5.5 (Mac and V6.5 Win 10 laptop), Notion 6.8, Ableton Live 11 Suite, LaunchPad Pro
by treyyoung on Mon Oct 25, 2021 7:51 am
Thanks for the responses!

I knew it must be something simple like this. For some reason, I was having a hard time figuring out how the revert back to MIDI for editing.

Windows
i9-13900
32 GB RAM
X32C
BAE 1073DMP x2
HS8
ATH-M50x

4 posts
Page 1 of 1