3 posts
Page 1 of 1
Hi,

I was wondering if someone might be able to explain the proper way to import song data into an existing song.

I've made a template consisting of a mixture of audio tracks with insert fx, fx channels, and buses with insert fx. I also have insert fx on the main (both pre and post)

When import it into an existing song, the busses do not import, nor do the pre and post insert fx on the main. What do I need to do to fix this?

Thanks

Studio One Pro 6.5.1 | i7 Mac Mini / 64GB RAM / OS X Monterey | Apollo x8
by Tacman7 on Sat Oct 23, 2021 2:43 pm
I think there are limitations of what ISD can do.

The manual talks about options but doesn't about a lot of things, so you just have to find out by trying.

https://s1manual.presonus.com/#Saving,% ... 20Data.htm?

I think a template is the only thing that could hold a complex routing setup.

https://support.presonus.com/hc/en-us/a ... Templates-

Forum Moderator.
Please add your specs to your SIGNATURE.
Search the STUDIO ONE 6 ONLINE MANUAL. Access your MY.PRESONUS account.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) One Sentence Description 2) Expected Results 3) Actual Results 4) Steps to Reproduce.

Studio OnePro6 Melodyne Studio
Win10 Ryzen 5 3600 - Motu M2
Ventura Mac Mini M2 - Zen Go TB
by garybowling on Sun Oct 24, 2021 12:01 pm
Yea I don't think you can import "master bus" options into an existing song. The existing song already has a master bus, so that would overwrite what is there or maybe merge. So it's not sophisticated enough to handle those questions yet.

Same goes with FX buses, I don't think there is an option to import those, if there is it will show up in the list of channels/tracks you can import.

The send levels and configuration on each track as well as the FX sends on each track can be imported as there is a check box for those.

What you see in the import window, in terms of tracks/channels and check boxes for inserts, events, etc. is what it is.

For us people who collaborate with remote musicians, it's an excellent feature, but you have to work out how to use it. For instance, I have a guitar player who regularly does work remotely. First, we have all the same FX, or at least all the ones we use are the same on both ends. We don't actually import the audio. Here's what we do.

1. He sets up a "guitar" folder and puts all his tracks in there.
2. He records, comps, adds FX, to those tracks.
3. When he's done, he exports each of the tracks using the "range" export method. This makes all his export tracks be one file per track, raw audio, that starts back at the beginning of the song and goes to the end.
4. He send me his .song file and the exported tracks over the internet.

For my end.

1. I import the .song file into my song and choose the folder and all the tracks in it. When it comes up and says the "audio" files are missing, I just highlight and delete all those. That gives me tracks that are empty, with all the FX, panning, levels, etc.

2. Then I import the wav files for each track. That gives me clean tracks set up like the guitar player had them set on his end.

gabo

ASUS laptop (AMD 5900HX), 32G, 2x2TB SSD, Win11-64, RME UFX & BabyFace, Studio One Pro 6, Addictive Drums2, Izotope 10, Soothe2, Waves, many plugins, Melodyne Studio 5, all versions updated frequently

The Moderns,
https://open.spotify.com/artist/1x6Fd133GftlRyRYl0xgjf

3 posts
Page 1 of 1