6 posts
Page 1 of 1
I'm an experienced DAW user of years, but new to S1, so maybe I'm missing a simple but crucial step here. The metronome is registering a signal on the track that I have in record ready.
I thought it may have been from headphone bleed, as I'm recording an Acoustic Guitar through a single mic to a Mono track.

Even with headphones unplugged, main speakers Off, input level of the mic on the Interface turned to Zero, Phantom power Off...everything disengaged, except the record button on the track...it still registers, and when I initiate recording, it still records the Metronome onto that track. This happens even when I set the input of the track in S1 to a different input, which has nothing plugged into it.

This is crazy. I've never come across such a glitch in any DAW. I've tried searching the User Manual, online searches, and forums but can't see anyone having experienced a similar issue.
Can anybody suggest why this is happening..?

MacBook Pro OS X Catalina 10.15.7 / 16 GB Ram / Presonus Studio One 5 Professional / Allen & Heath QU16 / M-Audio AIR 192/14 / GUITARS Fender - Maton - Epiphone - Diamond / Fender Blues Junior / Voodoo Labs Ground Control Pro / Alesis DM10 Drums / Korg Kronos / Native Instruments Komplete /
by Tacman7 on Fri Oct 22, 2021 8:09 pm
What do you have the input of the track set to?

If it was set to all inputs you would record the click also.

Inputs.jpg

Check the last part of this article:
https://s1manual.presonus.com/#Recordin ... 257C_____4

Forum Moderator.
Please add your specs to your SIGNATURE.
Search the STUDIO ONE 6 ONLINE MANUAL. Access your MY.PRESONUS account.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) One Sentence Description 2) Expected Results 3) Actual Results 4) Steps to Reproduce.

Studio OnePro6 Melodyne Studio
Win10 Ryzen 5 3600 - Motu M2
Ventura Mac Mini M2 - Zen Go TB
by victorkennedy on Fri Oct 22, 2021 9:01 pm
METRONOME NOT RENDERED - JUST ACTIVATED.png
This is a screenshot of S1 with the Metronome activated and the 'Guitar' track in Record ready mode. You can see by the Meters that the metronome is sending a signal to the record ready track. This should not be happening. The input of the track is set to Input L of the interface, which is the correct input...it is not set to Input ANY / ALL
There's nothing plugged into the interface. The only audio component is the metronome within S1, so why is it automatically recording to the track?
Thanks for the reply Tacman.
I have the correct input selected, and have tried several scenarios. I'll attach a couple of screenshots to show what's going on. I'm wondering if there's a "secret" setting I've missed, or maybe there's a glitch in my particular software installed.

Above is a screenshot of S1 with the Metronome activated and the 'Guitar' track in Record ready mode. You can see by the Meters that the metronome is sending a signal to the record ready track. This should not be happening.
There's nothing plugged into the interface. The only audio component is the metronome within S1, so why is it automatically recording to the track?
Last edited by victorkennedy on Fri Oct 22, 2021 9:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MacBook Pro OS X Catalina 10.15.7 / 16 GB Ram / Presonus Studio One 5 Professional / Allen & Heath QU16 / M-Audio AIR 192/14 / GUITARS Fender - Maton - Epiphone - Diamond / Fender Blues Junior / Voodoo Labs Ground Control Pro / Alesis DM10 Drums / Korg Kronos / Native Instruments Komplete /
by victorkennedy on Fri Oct 22, 2021 9:05 pm
Here's another screenshot with the Metronome RENDERED and still sending a signal to the Guitar Track

Attachments
METRONOME RENDERED.png
Here's a second screenshot with a Rendered Metronome file the metronome window created and inserted to its default track in the arranger.
Again, you can see by the Meters that the metronome Track is sending a signal to the record ready track. This should not be happening.
There's nothing plugged into the interface. The only audio component is the metronome Track within S1, so why is it automatically recording to the track?
This is completely bonkers...Please Help

by peterbirch on Fri Oct 22, 2021 10:45 pm
Never seen this happen in S1. It almost sounds like a loopback problem.
What happens if you set the main outs to 3-4?

Studio One 5.5.2 - studio 192, - 1818VSL, - Digimax FS, Presonus HP4 x2 Presonus Notion 6,
Win 10 pro -- I7cpu 16gb. and Z590 Vision D 32GB & 11700
UAD Octo card UAD Apollo Twin USB and Apollo x4
Faderport 8, Faderport classic. Atom SQ
by Tacman7 on Sat Oct 23, 2021 5:57 am
Are you using a mixer for your interface?

Sorry didn't notice that.

That click is hitting the input from outside.

It has to be a setting on your interface/mixer that's sending click back to S1.

If you turn the metronome off and mute the rendered click, the clicks stop?

In the console/mixer click the inputs button, that whould show if the click is coming from your guitar input.

Forum Moderator.
Please add your specs to your SIGNATURE.
Search the STUDIO ONE 6 ONLINE MANUAL. Access your MY.PRESONUS account.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) One Sentence Description 2) Expected Results 3) Actual Results 4) Steps to Reproduce.

Studio OnePro6 Melodyne Studio
Win10 Ryzen 5 3600 - Motu M2
Ventura Mac Mini M2 - Zen Go TB

6 posts
Page 1 of 1