1 post
Page 1 of 1
Hello, I don't post much here in the forum. I put this on the Facebook User Group but nobody answered. This problem is more of a nuisance than a work stopper.

My mastering/project part of Studio One 5.4 is not able to update from the song file. But file export functions.

If I add a song to a project, or update the mastering file, the computer chokes. After about a minute of the screen being stuck on "update", I have to to to the Windows task manager and terminate Studio One.

On one attempt, the cancel button on the export functioned and I didn't need to use the task manager to terminate Studio One. But in the project section, an error message popped up to the effect that the transfer did not happen, and suggested a file was missing. I didn't save the screen, so I only remember the general gist of it. In that instance, the transfer actually created a file in the project, but it was very corrupted, and sections of the song were not in sequence, and the drums were not synched to the song.

If I Export Mixdown, everything works fine, and the song comes out intact. I can then go to the project and drag and drop the exported file into the project part of Studio One to proceed with mastering.

I imagine the first question everyone will have is about my plugins. I am running Fabfilter, Soothe 2, and Kush Audio VSTs. Also AD2.

I tried removing all of the clips and putting a test recording with new clips on each track, and this was able to update fine. This was with the same plugins, so I don't think the plugs are the problem. The only difference was that Studio one had recorded the clips instead of being imported.

The song has about 20 tracks, is about 3 minutes long, and there are a few disabled/ hidden tracks. To my knowledge, I always did the option to move the audio files to the song folder.

There are about 20 plugs in total and the CPU usage is not high. All of the tracks were imported (not recorded by Studio One). I have Windows 10, Studio One 5.4, RME UFX+ set to a long latency, It is an i9700 with 32 gigs.

The only unusual thing I can think of is that I used timestretch to change the tempo of the song, and the fact that I imported wav files instead of recording them.

Does anyone know anything about this?

Thanks

1 post
Page 1 of 1