4 posts
Page 1 of 1
Hi all,

Recently, I've added X-Touch Mini (XTM) to my setup in order to have quick mute buttons.
After some experiments, I can get it to mute tracks/buses, BUT NOT VCAs.

When ever I click Mute button on a VCA to see the parameter, it shows Mute on the first track instead of Mute on VCA.
I want to mute VCAs instead Buses because I want to mute at the source. For example, when I mute "Vocal" bus, those individual tracks still have FX sends that sometimes quite annoying when I want to focus more.

So anyway to assign midi button for VCA mute so it will act like I click by my mouse?

Thanks so much for your help! :D

VCA.jpg
by Trucky on Tue Oct 26, 2021 5:02 pm
Yes, a VCA works great for that. I don't have the X-Touch Mini (XTM) but on my KORG nanoKONTROL2 I'm able to use the Mute button for the VCA channel to mute. I'm using the KORG nanoKONTROL 2 device file that's included with Studio One. What device file are you using for the X-Touch Mini (XTM)?

PLEASE ADD YOUR SYSTEM SPECS TO YOUR SIGNATURE.
Download the SO 6 PDF MANUAL. Access your MY.PRESONUS account.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) Subject 2) Description 3) Country 4) Product 5) OS 6) Audio Software

Windows 11 Pro 64-bit (23H2), Studio One 6.5.2 Professional | Notion 6.8.2 | Universal Control v4.2.0.96206
Intel NUC 13 (Intel i5-1340P, Intel Iris Xe Graphics, 32GB RAM, 2TB SSD, Revelator, SIII 32
by mycbeats on Wed Oct 27, 2021 5:41 am
Have a look at what parameter is being picked up in the top left corner.
I have a suspicion that when you press the mute on your x-touch its picking up the mute for the first channel and assigning that.

Try pushing the x-touch button, then clicking mute, then assign.

Toronto, Canada
Project engineer by day, sound connoisseur by night.

Main Rig: Windows 11 (21H2) 64-bit, Ryzen 3900x, 32GB RAM, RTX 2060, dual 4K Monitors
Presonus 192, Faderport v2, Atom SQ, Akai Advance 49, Keystation 61 mk3, 2x Behringer X-Touch Mini + way too many synths.

Mobile Rig: MBP M1/16GB, Atom SQ, IOstation
by nothing.left on Wed Nov 03, 2021 6:47 am
Trucky wroteYes, a VCA works great for that. I don't have the X-Touch Mini (XTM) but on my KORG nanoKONTROL2 I'm able to use the Mute button for the VCA channel to mute. I'm using the KORG nanoKONTROL 2 device file that's included with Studio One. What device file are you using for the X-Touch Mini (XTM)?

I use my own config because S1 does not have the file for XTM, as well as I want to remap it myself. As I described before, it always pickup the first channel in VCA group. Really strange.

mycbeats wroteHave a look at what parameter is being picked up in the top left corner.
I have a suspicion that when you press the mute on your x-touch its picking up the mute for the first channel and assigning that.

Try pushing the x-touch button, then clicking mute, then assign.

I've tried already, and you can see the result in the attachment on 1st post. VCA fader is fine, I can assign it to XTM, but Mute button...

The XTM is fine. I can do all other functions with XTM, except for muting VCAs. I don't know why but it's always pickup the first channel in the VCA group, not matter which button I touch.

4 posts
Page 1 of 1