3 posts
Page 1 of 1
Hello all,

I've posted this on the Tascam User Forum, but am posting here also in case anyone can offer suggestions for a fix. I'm on a MacBook Pro running OS X Catalina 10.15.7, and am @ 48k.

I've just bought a new Tascam US-4x4HR Interface, and I'm using it with Presonus Studio One 5 Professional.
Today I went about doing a trial recording of an Acoustic Guitar using 2 Behringer C2 mics to make a Stereo recording onto a Stereo track in the DAW.
I have the 2 mics plugged into Inputs 1 + 2 on the interface, with the Phantom power On, and the Input of the track in Studio One DAW set to receive signal from L+R of the US-4x4HR, which is as it should be done.

As I understand it, Inputs 1 and 2 of the Interface are considered to be L+R Inputs within any DAW, as they are the ones to be used for Stereo tracking. They can also be used as 2 independent Mono inputs within a DAW. Inputs 3 and 4 are Mono Inputs only.

The problem is that only the Mic from Input 1 on the interface is getting a decent level, and the Mic on Input 2 is barely registering, even with the input gain on the interface set properly. This should not be happening, and I really need to get this sorted out so I can get on with the session.

All help will be gratefully appreciated.

MacBook Pro OS X Catalina 10.15.7 / 16 GB Ram / Presonus Studio One 5 Professional / Allen & Heath QU16 / M-Audio AIR 192/14 / GUITARS Fender - Maton - Epiphone - Diamond / Fender Blues Junior / Voodoo Labs Ground Control Pro / Alesis DM10 Drums / Korg Kronos / Native Instruments Komplete /
by Bbd on Fri Oct 22, 2021 3:16 am
Hi.
Check your mode selector:

https://support.presonus.com/hc/en-us/a ... t-speaker-

Can you also verify that each mic output channel from the audio device is working properly as well as the mics and phantom power?

Bbd

OS: Win 10 x64 Home, Studio One Pro 6.x, Notion 6, Series III 24, Studio 192, Haswell CPU: i7 4790k @ 4.4GHz, RAM: 32GB, Faderport 8/16, Central Station +, PreSonus Sceptre S6, Eris 3.5, Temblor 10, ATOM, ATOM SQ
by victorkennedy on Fri Oct 22, 2021 4:57 pm
Thanks for your reply.
Apologies...I usually use my Allen & Heath QU16 in the main studio room, and just got the little Tascam to use in the lounge room for relaxed writing etc.
I did in fact make a big boo boo mistake...One of the inputs was still set on Line Input as opposed to Mic Input.
It's working ok now...Just have to figure out the best way to stop Click Bleed when recording Acoustic Guitar.

MacBook Pro OS X Catalina 10.15.7 / 16 GB Ram / Presonus Studio One 5 Professional / Allen & Heath QU16 / M-Audio AIR 192/14 / GUITARS Fender - Maton - Epiphone - Diamond / Fender Blues Junior / Voodoo Labs Ground Control Pro / Alesis DM10 Drums / Korg Kronos / Native Instruments Komplete /

3 posts
Page 1 of 1