3 posts
Page 1 of 1
Hi all,

Recently I've bought a X-Touch Mini (XTM) because of its endless encoders for the sake of recalling. It works as it shoud, send and received MIDI to and from S1 correctly.

But days ago I realized that I need to reload my song twice to recall/sync parameters to 2 layers on XTM. The first time, if I'm on layer A, those parameters mapped are recalled correctly, but non of them layer B recalled and vice versa. So I need to close my song, change layer on XTM and then reload the song again so two layers are recalled. It's very weird and annoying.

Are you guys out there having the same problem as I?

I don't know if other DAWs support MIDI better or not but MIDI support in S1 is poor for me. Even the Transmit Value in MIDI Learn should be on by default because I don't understand why I only want just to receive signal and not send it back to have interaction between S1 and MIDI devices.

Thanks for the support!
by Tacman7 on Wed Oct 20, 2021 9:15 pm
So if you have it on A, A gets setup but B doesn't, and vice versa.

S1 sends the same thing both times, seems like your machine only listens to the layer it's on?

Might be a setting for that.

Seems like you could set device to A then load song then disable the track and switch to B, then enable the track, maybe.

I don't have a way to test, seems like there should be a way to get the track to resend the info.

Forum Moderator.
Please add your specs to your SIGNATURE.
Search the STUDIO ONE 6 ONLINE MANUAL. Access your MY.PRESONUS account.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) One Sentence Description 2) Expected Results 3) Actual Results 4) Steps to Reproduce.

Studio OnePro6 Melodyne Studio
Win10 Ryzen 5 3600 - Motu M2
Ventura Mac Mini M2 - Zen Go TB
by nothing.left on Fri Oct 22, 2021 2:37 am
Tacman7 wroteSo if you have it on A, A gets setup but B doesn't, and vice versa.

S1 sends the same thing both times, seems like your machine only listens to the layer it's on?

Might be a setting for that.

Seems like you could set device to A then load song then disable the track and switch to B, then enable the track, maybe.

I don't have a way to test, seems like there should be a way to get the track to resend the info.

Thanks so much for the reply!

I've just done a test with XTM alone. I configure in X-Touch editor so that some encoders send/receive the same data and then turn those knob to see. In the same layer, those knobs have the same indicator as they should, BUT in the other layer, nothing happen until I manually turn the knob, then everything JUMP. So I think I can conclude that at least XTM has its problem with the firmware or my PC has something to be dealt with. But I'm pretty sure that my PC is fine.
I also do the test with MIDIOX sending some message to those encoders as well. The same problem happend. So after all, I wrote Behringer an email to see if they could help.

Thanks again for spending your precious time!

3 posts
Page 1 of 1