7 posts
Page 1 of 1
Is there any keyboard shortcut or anything else to stop audio? I often need to stop a long delay or reverb tail so I can playback again. However, it takes forever if Im always waiting for tails to die off before I playback whatever part Im trying to work on

P.S. I apologize for asking so many newbie questions here recently, but Im just starting off with S1 and I cant find any info on this anywhere

Ryzen 9 5900x
Corsair 2x 8Gb
Sabrent Rocket Q 2TB NVMe PCIe M.2
Windows 10
Studio ONE 5 Artist
Keystation MK3 88
by nordicdunn on Thu Oct 21, 2021 5:55 am
I found a way.

You press Ctrl + e and enter the export window. Quickly start exporting and then cancel.

ta-daa, all reverb tails and long releases stop.

Lol, hope Presonus can implement an actual stop audio feature

Ryzen 9 5900x
Corsair 2x 8Gb
Windows 10
Studio ONE 5 Artist
Keystation MK3 88
by Lokeyfly on Thu Oct 21, 2021 2:13 pm
nordicdunn wroteI found a way.

You press Ctrl + e and enter the export window. Quickly start exporting and then cancel.

ta-daa, all reverb tails and long releases stop.

Lol, hope Presonus can implement an actual stop audio feature

Ok, that a really out of the way solution, but hey, you could always pull the plug out of the wall (joking in kind).

An alternative, first just know how and why the effects are delayed to remedy stopping audio better.

For example, the effect causing the long decay could be post fader. It's also possible the sound source might have a long release, so the notes just sound very long once you hit stop.

In most cases though, you could use or map a mute button either to the effect, the instrument with the long decay, or the master out channel.

Try that, and I really think you'll find that's far easier than export, then cancel. While that is working for you, it's largely not necessary to do so.

As to Presonus missing something, I believe it's more of a routing issue, or path you'll need to simply must.

I wouldn't rule out the possibility of a macro to mute the master channel upon stop, but I've never tried that command as of yet.
Cheers. :)

S1-6.2.1, HP Omen 17" i7 10th Gen, 32 GB,512 GB TLC M.2 (SSD),1 TB SSD. Win10 Pro, Audient iD14 MkII, Roland JV90, NI S49 MkII, Atom SQ, FP 8, Roland GR-50 & Octapad. MOTU MIDI Express XT. HR824, Yamaha HS-7, NS-1000M, Yamaha Promix 01, Rane HC-6, etc.

New song "Our Time"
https://youtu.be/BqOZ4-0iY1w?si=_uwmgRBv3N4VwJlq

Visit my You Tube Channel
https://youtube.com/@jamesconraadtucker ... PA5dM01GF7

Latest song releases on Bandcamp -

Latest albums on iTunes

All works registered copyright ©️
by nordicdunn on Fri Oct 22, 2021 2:06 am
Lokeyfly wroteAn alternative, first just know how and why the effects are delayed to remedy stopping audio better.

For example, the effect causing the long decay could be post fader. It's also possible the sound source might have a long release, so the notes just sound very long once you hit stop.

In most cases though, you could use or map a mute button either to the effect, the instrument with the long decay, or the master out channel.

No, no, no. You misunderstood. The long tails are not the problem. Of course you need long tails sometimes in your music. Its not being able to stop (not mute, big difference) those tails on command that is the problem.

Also, MUtility from Meldaproductions has an option that mutes everything when you stop playback. However, that doesn't work for one simple reason. Its only muting the audio and so its still playing, but you cant hear it. So, what that means is, if you start playback shortly after again, the mute turns off and you can hear the long tail again. Also the little issue of, that you cant hear anything you play while playback is not on.

The export thing is kind of a joke, but it actually works. It stops all audio tails. So actually when you have something REALLY dreamy, like a 20s reverb tail on piano note, its honestly quicker to do that stupid trick I told than instead waiting for 10-15s until the tail is inaudible enough that you can properly hear whatever you are doing after that.

Let me just say also that its absolutely, completely very vital for fast work, I dont know how anyone does without it. Its almost a deal breaker for me that S1 cant do this. Not sure if Cubase has this, but cant afford Cubase atm.

Ryzen 9 5900x
Corsair 2x 8Gb
Windows 10
Studio ONE 5 Artist
Keystation MK3 88
by nordicdunn on Fri Oct 22, 2021 5:18 am
Found out that if I macro the "deactivate all plugins" it will cut audio from all external plugins. This helps some, but there is often reverbs and delays in instruments and also just long release samples on certain libraries or synths which still ring out entirely

Ryzen 9 5900x
Corsair 2x 8Gb
Windows 10
Studio ONE 5 Artist
Keystation MK3 88
by nordicdunn on Fri Oct 22, 2021 5:28 am
Actually found out a better one still. This one Im actually going to start use although its a bit annoying.

Options > Audio Setup > "Release audio in background".

Checking this and the quickly swapping windows will immediately cut all audio.

Ryzen 9 5900x
Corsair 2x 8Gb
Windows 10
Studio ONE 5 Artist
Keystation MK3 88
by Lokeyfly on Sat Oct 23, 2021 12:40 am
nordicdunn wroteActually found out a better one still. This one Im actually going to start use although its a bit annoying.

Options > Audio Setup > "Release audio in background".

Checking this and the quickly swapping windows will immediately cut all audio.

Ok, good. Wow, sounds pretty quirky, but at least you resolved. :thumbup:

S1-6.2.1, HP Omen 17" i7 10th Gen, 32 GB,512 GB TLC M.2 (SSD),1 TB SSD. Win10 Pro, Audient iD14 MkII, Roland JV90, NI S49 MkII, Atom SQ, FP 8, Roland GR-50 & Octapad. MOTU MIDI Express XT. HR824, Yamaha HS-7, NS-1000M, Yamaha Promix 01, Rane HC-6, etc.

New song "Our Time"
https://youtu.be/BqOZ4-0iY1w?si=_uwmgRBv3N4VwJlq

Visit my You Tube Channel
https://youtube.com/@jamesconraadtucker ... PA5dM01GF7

Latest song releases on Bandcamp -

Latest albums on iTunes

All works registered copyright ©️

7 posts
Page 1 of 1