4 posts
Page 1 of 1
Hello everyone. I use Studio One Professional regular license version on a MacBook Pro with more than sufficient processing power. I downloaded a demo of Vocalign Project 5, and I'm repetitive glitch. The Synchro Arts site says that the demos are just regular products that expire in 14 days, and does not give an indication that the demo is hobbled to produce this noise. The demo does not appear to support ARA, as I had to do a capture to get data into the insert. The audio tracks are just two very simple otherwise unmixed guitar parts. I'll attach an mp3 mixdown where the noise is quite obvious. Does anyone know why this might be? --Thank you!

My $0.02 re: Sphere -- I know this is off-topic and liable to get me in trouble or at least flammed, but I find it really frustrating that there is user content reserved to the Sphere subscribers (e.g. livestream with Gregor Byerley) despite having bought and advocated for Presonus products for 10 years now. So many software publishers are pushing you to move to their subscription models. I don't want to have to manage dozens of software-as-a-service payments, loosing track of what I'm automatically paying for every month, and potentially wasting a lot of money.

Attachments
Mixdown.mp3
(282.98 KiB) Downloaded 61 times

MacBook Pro 15”, 2017 (MacBookPro14,3)
Intel 3.1 GHz Core i7 (I7-7920HQ), 2 TB storage, 16 GB 2133 MHz LPDDR3
Studio One 5.4 Professional, Melodyne 5 Editor
IK Multimedia Axe I/O Audio Interface
Fishman Triple Play Wireess & IK Multimedia iRig Keys I/O 49 MIDI controllers
by Tacman7 on Sun Oct 17, 2021 7:15 am
Welcome to the Forum!

Sounds like processor artifacts to me.

Machine not keeping up with task.

Good to put your specs in your signature, click below in my signature.

Compare, maybe try these settings:
audio setuo 2.JPG

Forum Moderator.
Please add your specs to your SIGNATURE.
Search the STUDIO ONE 6 ONLINE MANUAL. Access your MY.PRESONUS account.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) One Sentence Description 2) Expected Results 3) Actual Results 4) Steps to Reproduce.

Studio OnePro6 Melodyne Studio
Win10 Ryzen 5 3600 - Motu M2
Ventura Mac Mini M2 - Zen Go TB
by jcsmedley on Sun Oct 17, 2021 1:22 pm
Thank you for your reply Tacman7. I've updated my signature to include info like your signature. I also thought that the noise sounded like digital artifacts, but I thought I would have sufficient processing power. I will also attach my current settings from my audio setup preferences.

Audio Setup Processing.jpg

Audio Setup Audio Device.jpg

MacBook Pro 15”, 2017 (MacBookPro14,3)
Intel 3.1 GHz Core i7 (I7-7920HQ), 2 TB storage, 16 GB 2133 MHz LPDDR3
Studio One 5.4 Professional, Melodyne 5 Editor
IK Multimedia Axe I/O Audio Interface
Fishman Triple Play Wireess & IK Multimedia iRig Keys I/O 49 MIDI controllers
by Tacman7 on Mon Oct 18, 2021 6:55 am
If you use the sound card that came with the computer you won't be able to run very low latency on it. Interface big part of low latency.

The processing power of your computer is also a limiting factor.

Did try my numbers? I think your numbers are causing the artifacts.

That might cause a lot of hassle to switch sample rates middle of production. You have a lot of wav files in the song? You can try testing later to see if you get more performance out of it @48k.

So if you set the block size to 128 and you're able to play the song sans artifacts, lowering the block size makes the computer do the same amount of work in less time, 32 and 16 are numbers the guys with Thunderbolt interfaces use.

So try the numbers and get it stable.

The procedure for finding your block size is to keep lowering it until you have problems then raise it back to the last good setting.

Forum Moderator.
Please add your specs to your SIGNATURE.
Search the STUDIO ONE 6 ONLINE MANUAL. Access your MY.PRESONUS account.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) One Sentence Description 2) Expected Results 3) Actual Results 4) Steps to Reproduce.

Studio OnePro6 Melodyne Studio
Win10 Ryzen 5 3600 - Motu M2
Ventura Mac Mini M2 - Zen Go TB

4 posts
Page 1 of 1