52 postsPage 3 of 3
1, 2, 3
Dear Presonus: A holiday release of an update would be nice. It would show that you were thinking about me. I will reciprocate by finding a bug. :D We're at about the 2mth limit now (Dec 17), so please hurry. Also...

I would like a new train set. And some imported Swiss chocolate. Not those brownish food colored sugar sticks they sell here in North America. And then, I also want...

[Hope everybody has a good holiday — we sure could use some cheer, huh?]

Studio One Pro (v5) on i7 7700 win10 PC w16GB RAM and a Mac Pro Tower (w/RME & Focusrite interfaces.)

I use S1 as an author/musician/multi-media artist.
My work includes the newly released: Clearing a Path to Joy (And finding contentment along the way) [AuroraSkyPublishing.com]
and my upcoming music video, Too Big To Fail, which introduces Citizen Based Social Planning — "the next step in the evolution of democracy." You know...typical everyday stuff. :)
by gregghart on Wed Dec 08, 2021 2:47 pm
Dude...speaking of imported Swiss Chocolate...I have a whole bag of Daim! I know Swedish isn't the same as Swiss, but man...this crap is good!

To keep it on topic, yes! I'd love an update as well!

I've noticed that on this latest version, when I go to bounce an event, it takes a LONG time before it actually starts doing anything. It just sits there counting down before the progress bar even shows up. The previous version does not do that.

Win11, 12th Gen Intel Core i7-12700K (3.60 GHz), 32GB Ram. Focusrite Scarlett 8i6 3rd Gen. Native Instruments Komplete Kontrol S88 Mark 2, Native Instruments Komplete Kontrol S61 Mark 1, Presonus FaderPort 8.

https://www.midiboy.com

https://gregghart.bandcamp.com
by roland1 on Wed Dec 08, 2021 3:27 pm
To skate the edge of both topics:
I'm hoping for a new compressor with "Swiss Chocolate" saturation. The best of both worlds. :)

P.S. That slowdown is only for legitimate owners of S1. On Sphere, it goes really fast. :D

{{{{{ DOH! }}}}}

Studio One Pro (v5) on i7 7700 win10 PC w16GB RAM and a Mac Pro Tower (w/RME & Focusrite interfaces.)

My work includes the newly released: Clearing a Path to Joy (And finding contentment along the way) [AuroraSkyPublishing.com]
and my upcoming music video, Too Big To Fail, which introduces Citizen Based Social Planning — "the next step in the evolution of democracy." You know...typical everyday stuff. :)
by garyanderson5 on Tue Dec 14, 2021 11:03 am
How long has Version 5.4.1 or any version of 5 refused to detect the tempo of any single audio file from Loopmasters? I normally pick a tempo and set away, this is my norm so to speak. Today while messing about i noticed V5.4.1 can't detect a single samples tempo from any Loopmasters sample pack. Rex files work ok but wav files don't even get detected. I wouldn't of even noticed if my friend had not started throwing loops in and messing around.

I tested S1 V4 because i was pretty sure this never happened before and sure enough V4 works fine. Anyone else come across this and found a setting or a fix other than manually entering the tempo, or noticed this at all. Pic's below are both identical set ups with the same files, one is V4 working, the other is 5.4.1. not working.

I sent a ticket just incase.

Attachments
S1 V4 Works Perfectly.PNG
S1 V5.4.1 Temp Problem.PNG

Windows Pro 11 23H2, 13900K, Z790 Aorus Master, 64GB 32x2 G.Skill Trident Z C30 RAM, 3X 2TB Samsung 980 PRO, RX6650XT GFX Card, Corsair RM1000X PSU, Studio One Latest Version & Older versions, Baby Face Pro FS. Nektar T6,
by roland1 on Wed Dec 15, 2021 10:43 am
Silence! You must not speak of this again. :)

Yup. On more than one occasion I have found something that used to work fine but now doesn't. They never put that part in the release notes. It speaks of that code of silence that surrounds all consumer goods — best not to say anything bad lest one scares away potential customers.

I don't mess with loops, so I wouldn't have noticed, but did this still work in previous versions of v.5? (5.3, for instance?). At least that way you might be able to narrow down where the problem began.

Last time I recorded vocal takes, I noticed that it played back an older take instead of the newly recorded one. Might have been fixed by now. Might not. It's a gamble.

by garyanderson5 on Wed Dec 15, 2021 11:18 am
roland1 wroteSilence! You must not speak of this again. :)

Yup. On more than one occasion I have found something that used to work fine but now doesn't. They never put that part in the release notes. It speaks of that code of silence that surrounds all consumer goods — best not to say anything bad lest one scares away potential customers.

I don't mess with loops, so I wouldn't have noticed, but did this still work in previous versions of v.5? (5.3, for instance?). At least that way you might be able to narrow down where the problem began.

Last time I recorded vocal takes, I noticed that it played back an older take instead of the newly recorded one. Might have been fixed by now. Might not. It's a gamble.

I wouldn't of even noticed it Roland as i never use loops but my friend was round on the day in question playing with S1. He was trying it out as he uses Ableton. He says whats up with this. I says what you talking about it works fine. Then i checked. Luckily i run V4 still for older projects and checking potential problems. I have no clue if it worked in any V5 released version. You can manually enter the tempo and it works fine but for people throwing loops in on the fly it must be a right pain. I was just a bit gob smacked it could't detect the tempo of anything made by one of the biggest sample makers on the plannet all of a sudden.

Even if it does work on a previous point update etc your losing newly added features going backwards if loops on the fly is your bag.

Windows Pro 11 23H2, 13900K, Z790 Aorus Master, 64GB 32x2 G.Skill Trident Z C30 RAM, 3X 2TB Samsung 980 PRO, RX6650XT GFX Card, Corsair RM1000X PSU, Studio One Latest Version & Older versions, Baby Face Pro FS. Nektar T6,
by roland1 on Sun Dec 26, 2021 6:24 pm
Remember, no amount of plugins at any discounted price will save a song that sucks.

Unfortunately, it may cost us upward of $5,000 to learn that lesson.

Happy holidays. :) Keep plugging away. Someone's always listening...

...even if it's just the spirit of your long-departed grandfather loitering in your bedroom studio. :D

(Hey, a fan's a fan, right?)

by henrikhjortnaes on Sun Jan 09, 2022 10:34 am
I sometimes notice that MixFX Alpine Desk is using an excessive amount of CPU power, like in this example, where Alpine (15%!) is on a drum bus and another MixFX, Brit Console (2%) is on the Main channel. Both in Passthrough, non-ECO. Is this usage and variation normal and to be expected?

Their settings in the example:

STUDIO ONE 5 PROFESSIONAL • PRO TOOLS 11 HD • WINDOWS 11
AMD RYZEN 5 3600 • MSI B450M MORTAR MAX 16 GB RAM • RADEON RX 5700 8 GB RAM • AUDIENT ID22 + ID14 + ASP800
DYNAUDIO LYD 48 • GENELEC 8020D • MASSDROP SENNHEISER HD 6XX • SONY MDR-7520
by roland1 on Sun Jan 09, 2022 11:28 am
henrikhjortnaes wroteI sometimes notice that...[snip]

I don't have the answer for you but just a troubleshooting idea: if you're using vst3 versions try the vst 2 versions to see if there's a difference; maybe something is getting lost in translation. Or vice versa — vst2 to vst 3. At least you can rule out issues between vst versions.

Elevate seems to be thirsty, too, at 17%. But it's more expected when on a master bus.

That said, Studio One has always had something going on in terms of CPU usage that I fail to notice on some other DAWs. But I'm not a computer expert so I can't really comment on what is happening underneath the hood that may be causing this.

by j0001s on Mon Jan 10, 2022 8:10 pm
Announcement stream on YouTube 11 CT: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hgimSNr1QRM
by roland1 on Mon Jan 10, 2022 8:38 pm
See, Henrik. They already fixed it for you.

by henrikhjortnaes on Tue Jan 11, 2022 7:10 am
roland1 wroteSee, Henrik. They already fixed it for you.

Ha :) I can't confirm at this point. Maybe in 4 hours time.

STUDIO ONE 5 PROFESSIONAL • PRO TOOLS 11 HD • WINDOWS 11
AMD RYZEN 5 3600 • MSI B450M MORTAR MAX 16 GB RAM • RADEON RX 5700 8 GB RAM • AUDIENT ID22 + ID14 + ASP800
DYNAUDIO LYD 48 • GENELEC 8020D • MASSDROP SENNHEISER HD 6XX • SONY MDR-7520

52 postsPage 3 of 3
1, 2, 3