4 posts
Page 1 of 1
I'm trying to edit a project and it's annoying as hell as I have multiple lanes of automation, I want to cut some length and simple move the track back in time the amount that has been cut. Yes I can use Ctrl+Alt+D and enter the length of time to cut but that's not my workflow, I simply want to Ctrl+A, Ctrl X and Ctrl V everything in the new position

Except Studio 1 doesn't actually select all, it's leaving a load of automation in place, unless the automation is in view then it will move that single lane but leave everything else, I don't understand why it will not select, it works fine if I make a selection area in the automation and cut & paste, it will grab all lanes of automation in that selection, but I try to grab more than that track size it reverts to the stupid unintuitive behaviour.

There has to be an option to select all and it selects all, I can't believe it would be this stupid to cause so much frustration by not having an option for this ?

Win 10 x64 - Studio One 5 Pro - Ryzen 3950x - 3090Ti - 64gbRam - Rme BabyFace Pro FS - Nektar T6 - Roland FP-30 - Behringer Neutron - xOxbOx
by robertgray3 on Tue Oct 12, 2021 3:27 pm
Have you tried range selecting (Tool 2)? That’s one of the things it’s best at, and I believe it’s the tool one is intended to use in that situation. There’s a key shortcut to extend a range to all tracks, as well.

Mac OS X Catalina 10.15.7
Mac Pro 6.1
3 GHz 8-Core Intel Xeon E5
32 GB 1066 MHz DDR3
Dual AMD FirePro D500 3072 MB
Quantum 2
by Digivolt on Tue Oct 12, 2021 3:39 pm
robertgray3 wroteHave you tried range selecting (Tool 2)? That’s one of the things it’s best at, and I believe it’s the tool one is intended to use in that situation. There’s a key shortcut to extend a range to all tracks, as well.

No I haven't tried tool 2 but I'll certainly be trying it now you've mentioned it, do you happen to know what the shortcut is to range all tracks as it would certainly end this frustration I've had for 2 days trying to figure out a way to do what I want that suits my workflow without tearing what little hair I have left out lol

Win 10 x64 - Studio One 5 Pro - Ryzen 3950x - 3090Ti - 64gbRam - Rme BabyFace Pro FS - Nektar T6 - Roland FP-30 - Behringer Neutron - xOxbOx
by robertgray3 on Tue Oct 12, 2021 9:59 pm
I don’t remember what it is by default, maybe Alt+R? Go to preferences, keyboard shortcuts, and search for “Range”.

Hopefully that helps. In Studio One, Cubase, Logic, often times Range/Marquee selection is the best way to reposition large chunks of data.

Mac OS X Catalina 10.15.7
Mac Pro 6.1
3 GHz 8-Core Intel Xeon E5
32 GB 1066 MHz DDR3
Dual AMD FirePro D500 3072 MB
Quantum 2

4 posts
Page 1 of 1