6 posts
Page 1 of 1
Hi,

If you're editing midi for two instrument tracks (selecting two events and double clicking) and you've got overlapping midi in the midi editor, is there a trick to viewing the midi notes underneath the overlap without having to toggle by clicking on the notes?

Thanks

Studio One Pro 6.5.1 | i7 Mac Mini / 64GB RAM / OS X Monterey | Apollo x8
by Tacman7 on Mon Oct 11, 2021 5:44 pm
So different parts on different tracks but played at the same time.

You can see more than one track in the editor by selecting events on several tracks and then double clicking. When you click on a note/color it selects that instrument for editing.

Forum Moderator.
Please add your specs to your SIGNATURE.
Search the STUDIO ONE 6 ONLINE MANUAL. Access your MY.PRESONUS account.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) One Sentence Description 2) Expected Results 3) Actual Results 4) Steps to Reproduce.

Studio OnePro6 Melodyne Studio
Win10 Ryzen 5 3600 - Motu M2
Ventura Mac Mini M2 - Zen Go TB
by snb1 on Tue Oct 12, 2021 7:52 pm
How does this work for you?

Attachments
Oct-12-2021 18-49-21.gif

Studio One Pro 6.6 64 bit, macOS Monterey 12.6, 14" MacBook Pro M1 (2021),16gb ram, 512 SSD, 8-core CPU

SkipNo Beet
by PTRefugee on Tue Oct 12, 2021 9:45 pm
snb1 wroteHow does this work for you?

Thanks for the reply. I was looking for something similar to how Melodyne visually handles the editing of multiple dubs at one time, (but with midi in this case) In Melodyne, there is a feature that allows you to vertically spread out overlapping audio so you can make your edits and use the dubs as a visual reference without needing to toggle between them.

by snb1 on Tue Oct 12, 2021 10:09 pm
PTRefugee wrote

Thanks for the reply. I was looking for something similar to how Melodyne visually handles the editing of multiple dubs at one time, (but with midi in this case) In Melodyne, there is a feature that allows you to vertically spread out overlapping audio so you can make your edits and use the dubs as a visual reference without needing to toggle between them.

Oh sure, I actually had created a macro referencing the same thing in Melodyne awhile back. You'll have to transpose the midi, say up an octave, then transpose the track down a Octave. So essentially the notes will be spread out but you'll hear them playing in the same octave

Studio One Pro 6.6 64 bit, macOS Monterey 12.6, 14" MacBook Pro M1 (2021),16gb ram, 512 SSD, 8-core CPU

SkipNo Beet
by PTRefugee on Tue Oct 12, 2021 10:27 pm
snb1 wrote
PTRefugee wrote

Oh sure, I actually had created a macro referencing the same thing in Melodyne awhile back. You'll have to transpose the midi, say up an octave, then transpose the track down a Octave. So essentially the notes will be spread out but you'll hear them playing in the same octave

Brilliant! I'll have to play around with that. Thanks so much.

6 posts
Page 1 of 1