4 posts
Page 1 of 1
I can't figure out how to insert a pattern right at the beginning of a measure. Currently it just places it wherever my cursor happens to be, which is never at the right spot. I tried the "Snap To" feature with no luck. You would think this would be the default behavior, but there I go "assuming" again (and we all know what happens when we do that ;) ).

I'm sure there's a very simple way to do this, but I haven't found it yet.

And I know, I know => :rtfm: :rtfm2: :reading:

Thanks in advance!

Paul
by realto619 on Mon Oct 11, 2021 9:38 pm
What I'm essentially looking for is a way to click in the timeline and insert patterns in time or copy an existing pattern(s) and then paste that at the end. Doesn't seem like a big ask to me, but I'm still learning my way around the software so I'm at a roadblock at this point. It's gotta be possible...

Just in case I haven't been clear enough, current patterns that I've inserted are not in time (a fraction after the last pattern) which totally jacks up the flow of the song. :thumbdown:
by realto619 on Tue Oct 12, 2021 3:30 am
UPDATE: Okay, while I didn't figure out how to insert a pattern at exactly the correct point, I DID figure out how to "nudge" it there.

• Select the Pattern you want to move
• Hold the ALT/Opt key
• Use the Left and Right arrows to move the pattern to the correct point

While this is less than ideal, at least it allows me to continue on until I figure out a better way to do it.

If you know a better way, please post below.
by realto619 on Tue Oct 12, 2021 4:43 am

4 posts
Page 1 of 1