4 posts
Page 1 of 1
Ive been using the pitch correction options from Melodyne for quite a while now, but at the moment I have a vocal track with a spoken voice, so no pitch in the sense of notes in a scale and I was wondering if Melodyne can also pitch align, in the same way VocAlign works for timing. I mean, as in setting up the main track as guide and align the double tracks' pitch to the guide track's pitch.
Is this possible? And if so, how does this work?

Cheers!
Maarten
by snb1 on Wed Oct 13, 2021 5:43 pm
maartenfranken1 wroteIve been using the pitch correction options from Melodyne for quite a while now, but at the moment I have a vocal track with a spoken voice, so no pitch in the sense of notes in a scale and I was wondering if Melodyne can also pitch align, in the same way VocAlign works for timing. I mean, as in setting up the main track as guide and align the double tracks' pitch to the guide track's pitch.

I've been using Melodyne for years and I've never came across anything like that. So I'll say no it doesn't do that.

Studio One Pro 6.6 64 bit, macOS Monterey 12.6, 14" MacBook Pro M1 (2021),16gb ram, 512 SSD, 8-core CPU

SkipNo Beet
by tpittman on Wed Oct 13, 2021 9:46 pm
maartenfranken1 wroteIve been using the pitch correction options from Melodyne for quite a while now, but at the moment I have a vocal track with a spoken voice, so no pitch in the sense of notes in a scale and I was wondering if Melodyne can also pitch align, in the same way VocAlign works for timing. I mean, as in setting up the main track as guide and align the double tracks' pitch to the guide track's pitch.

I have never used VocAlign so not much for me to say on that. I do Have Melodyne Studio. In Melodyne Studio you can load multiple tracks one right under the other. With the grid you can do some lining up.

I have done this to some degree here and there. Probably not as easy or accurate as VocAlign tho I don't know that.

Melodyne Studio is a beast and more than what I normally need but quite handy when needed. Not sure what the price tag difference between the two products are. You could go to the Melodyne Forum and look around or ask the question there

Studio One Pro 6.5.2 Mac mini Monterey OS Midas 32 Board / Interface
by j0001s on Thu Oct 14, 2021 7:36 pm

4 posts
Page 1 of 1