5 posts
Page 1 of 1
I’ve recently bought a new computer and I’m having trouble getting Studio 1 to work properly on it. I’m using an older version of Studio One Artist
V3.5.1 The new machine is win 10 dual core and the old one is win 7 quad.

What’s happening is if I open a preexisting project that was done on the old machine everything works perfectly. But when I try to start a new project I get no sound on the new tracks. Nothing works, not even dragging a drum track onto the new tracks. Is there a way to either fix this problem or at least a way to setup these old projects as Templates so I can put the new songs over the old ones without losing the old finished songs. Just renaming the project doesn’t save the old songs, just copies over them.

Windows 11 i7, 16 Gig,
Studio One 5 Professional
by Tacman7 on Sat Oct 09, 2021 6:40 am
Welcome back to the Forum!

You posted about a similar problem in May.

One of the main things I like to see in specs is what processor are you using.

Click Windows/Settings/System/About

That's where you find what version of win10 you're running..
Also your processor specs are there.

Next is interface, what interface are you using?

When you click on a wav file in the browser can you play it in the browser?

Good to learn how to take screen shots, maybe show some of your settings like in the audio setup etc.

Forum Moderator.
Please add your specs to your SIGNATURE.
Search the STUDIO ONE 6 ONLINE MANUAL. Access your MY.PRESONUS account.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) One Sentence Description 2) Expected Results 3) Actual Results 4) Steps to Reproduce.

Studio OnePro6 Melodyne Studio
Win10 Ryzen 5 3600 - Motu M2
Ventura Mac Mini M2 - Zen Go TB
by horahack on Sat Oct 09, 2021 11:16 pm
I found a workaround to the problem by just saving the project to a New Folder, but would still like to resolve this issue. Yes if I click on a wav file in my browser it will play on the laptop speakers and also through my interface if it is an old project made with the old computer that is open. I'm using a Scarlett Focusrite 18i8 3rd Gen. and my computer specs are. Lenovo Intel Core i5-1035gCPU @ 1.00Ghz1.19 GHz RAM 8G 64 bit Windows 10 Home version 20H2 OS build 19042.1237

The old computer was an AMD processor quad core. All the work pages made on that machine work fine.

The problem only happens when I try to create a New Song using the new laptop.

Thanks

Windows 11 i7, 16 Gig,
by Tacman7 on Sun Oct 10, 2021 6:43 am
So what is the goal? You're moving songs from the old computer to the new?

Or you're taking part of old songs and pasting them into your new song?

You can pull a track from an old song and it should be right, have you tried that?

Use import song data.

https://s1manual.presonus.com/#Saving,% ... 20Data.htm?

Forum Moderator.
Please add your specs to your SIGNATURE.
Search the STUDIO ONE 6 ONLINE MANUAL. Access your MY.PRESONUS account.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) One Sentence Description 2) Expected Results 3) Actual Results 4) Steps to Reproduce.

Studio OnePro6 Melodyne Studio
Win10 Ryzen 5 3600 - Motu M2
Ventura Mac Mini M2 - Zen Go TB
by horahack on Mon Oct 11, 2021 3:51 am
No I haven't tried that. I'll give it a shot. I have all the old stuff backed up on an external hard drive
Thanks

Windows 11 i7, 16 Gig,

5 posts
Page 1 of 1