7 posts
Page 1 of 1
Hi,

I've been experimenting with macros and was trying to come up with a way to apply specific velocity ranges to multiple midi notes.

Conceptually, I want to select two consecutive midi notes, and apply a specific velocity range for the first note, and a different velocity range for the second note.

The steps would be:

1. Select two midi notes

Macro part:
2. Apply a random velocity between 103-110 for the first note, and apply a random velocity between 120-125 for the second note

Is this possible?

Studio One Pro 6.5.1 | i7 Mac Mini / 64GB RAM / OS X Monterey | Apollo x8
by snb1 on Mon Oct 11, 2021 12:29 pm
In short, yes it's possible. But it'll work best if the two notes are adjacent to one another. If you want to select two midi notes that's not adjacent to one another, trying to create the macro in my head, I still believe its possible.

Studio One Pro 6.5.1 64 bit, macOS Monterey 12.6, 14" MacBook Pro M1 (2021),16gb ram, 512 SSD, 8-core CPU

SkipNo Beet
by PTRefugee on Mon Oct 11, 2021 5:04 pm
snb1 wroteIn short, yes it's possible. But it'll work best if the two notes are adjacent to one another. If you want to select two midi notes that's not adjacent to one another, trying to create the macro in my head, I still believe its possible.

Oh cool. What would be the way to do it if they are adjacent to one another?

Thanks

by PTRefugee on Tue Oct 12, 2021 1:38 pm
Here is a screenshot of what I'm hoping to do with the macro (if it's possible)

Unfortunately, filtering the selection by pitch will select all of the notes on that pitch rather than the circled groups. I tried playing around with the interval settings and didn't have much luck there. Any suggestions appreciated!

Thanks

by snb1 on Tue Oct 12, 2021 7:05 pm
Ok, I just realized that velocity only goes up to 100 and they base it off of percentages. I created a macro that you can edit and adjust your velocity to taste but tell me is this what you're looking for.

Attachments
Multiple midi note velocity.gif

Studio One Pro 6.5.1 64 bit, macOS Monterey 12.6, 14" MacBook Pro M1 (2021),16gb ram, 512 SSD, 8-core CPU

SkipNo Beet
by PTRefugee on Tue Oct 12, 2021 7:23 pm
snb1 wroteOk, I just realized that velocity only goes up to 100 and they base it off of percentages. I created a macro that you can edit and adjust your velocity to taste but tell me is this what you're looking for.

That looks close. (Thanks for trying btw!) Are you manually selecting the midi? From what I understand, it's not possible to do a specific selection of midi like that with a macro...

I'm very curious about the selection.

The "randomize notes" command allows for specifying velocity values 1-127 (as opposed to a percentage)

by snb1 on Tue Oct 12, 2021 7:36 pm
PTRefugee wrote
snb1 wroteOk, I just realized that velocity only goes up to 100 and they base it off of percentages. I created a macro that you can edit and adjust your velocity to taste but tell me is this what you're looking for.

That looks close. (Thanks for trying btw!) Are you manually selecting the midi? From what I understand, it's not possible to do a specific selection of midi like that with a macro...

I'm very curious about the selection.

The "randomize notes" command allows for specifying velocity values 1-127 (as opposed to a percentage)

My pleasure! And yes I'm manually selecting the midi. You can do a specific selection of midi notes. Check the gif below

Attachments
Oct-12-2021 18-32-18.gif

SkipNo Beet

7 posts
Page 1 of 1